It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Asked About Potentially Banning Books

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
And I heard that Sarah is friends with NAZI symphatizers. Hmmm, connection?

Got any links to back that obvious slur up? Didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
She can organise my books anytime

link

wonkette.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I dont care who it is, stifling free speech in any form is wrong. Whether its banning books or preventing someone from speaking. Preventing debate and free speech will not make this country a better place. Palin and Obama should be ashamed of any attempts to prevent free speech or the spread of knowledge.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Alrighty go to this website and click

Hmm... I can't get any of the links on that site to work now, and there's no "Banned or Censored Books" link. I get a server error no matter what I pick. Is it just me or did someone take this site out of commission overnight?

And now, I can't even get to the site...

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Here is the link you want:

www.cityofwasilla.com...

Then click on the top link: city documents - recently requested - former mayor palin

It's the fifth pdf document down from the top:

Banned or censured books response

[edit on 7-9-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yeah, I get a server error. Maybe it's a cookies thing. That's ok. I don't need to see it. Thanks, though.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
From FactCheck.org:

www.factcheck.org...

She did not demand that books be banned from the Wasilla library. Some of the books on a widely circulated list were not even in print at the time. The librarian has said Palin asked a "What if?" question, but the librarian continued in her job through most of Palin's first term.

So, can this thread get the hoax tag?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Why would we need a hoax tag? Instead of commenting on the act, you are trying to make excuses for her. There is no excuse. If you ask about potentially banning books, to me that means you want to ban books.

Here's another 'what if' question for you:

What if she were to become vice president? Do we know she wouldn't pull the same stunt in the higher offices?

[edit on 10-9-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

ask an undercover agent to kill your spouse and see where that gets you...asking shows intent

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Why would we need a hoax tag? Instead of commenting on the act, you are trying to make excuses for her. There is no excuse. If you ask about potentially banning books, to me that means you want to ban books.

Here's another 'what if' question for you:

What if she were to become vice president? Do we know she wouldn't pull the same stunt in the higher offices?

[edit on 10-9-2008 by TheComte]
Which act would you like to comment on? The fact that this is just an unfounded rumor and slur against a candidate?, or the fact that this thread still persist after it has been debunked, and does not meet the new posting guidelines as prescribed to us all by Skeptic Overlord?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join