It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Arguing Eternity" Jesus & the Devil get put into their place! DVD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
2002, on our way back from the Sundance Film Festival, we stopped in Vegas for the night (we were headed back to L.A.). While eating at a kick butt buffet, we started the outline to a new screenplay "Arguing Eternity"... the project got set aside for half a year until we finally decided to produce it.

"Arguing Eternity" is the story of a woman who dies and is given the choice by J (Jesus) & D (Devil) as to where she wants to spend eternity. Both places have their good points and bad. She turns the tables on these two idiots and takes them on a wild ride of debunking world religions, and the flaws both heaven and hell present.

Well, we did the film, submitted it to a few film festivals and finally put it back on the shelf. DVD releases for films that make fun of religions and how silly people's beliefs can be, are not a popular rental at your local Blockbuster.

A month ago, a friend suggested I target my comrades-in-arms... the people that find the same flaws that we do. So here I am on this WILD BOARD! I love it!

Anyone interested in seeing the trailer or purchasing a copy on DVD for $9.95, can visit:

www.digitalevolutionproject.com...

We are working on a screenplay to answer Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ"... heh heh heh! Should be fun!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
We thought this might be an interesting topic for a film, since religion has been brought to the forefront. With so many of the worlds problems being a direct result of conflicts between different religious beliefs, we had thought the content would prove to be interesting. I think this backfired in the end, as perhaps people are tired (with all the media attention) of the subject.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Why would you call Jesus a idiot. And how can she debunk religions if she is in the after life. No offense but it does not sound right, If I am understaqnding right she is talking # to jesus about there being no after life. Can you tell me the flaws that Heaven has, and what perks hell has?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
You'll have to buy the dvd to find those answers. You are of course talking about your beliefs regarding Jesus, the Devil, and the afterlife... not ours.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Pfff more advertising.........

This is a faith, spirituality and T-H-E-O-L-O-G-Y thread.

Not Advertising"""" ....... Mon dure...

Not to mention, if you can't get THAT straight, why would I or anybody else want to buy your video?
I wouldn't want to spend any time or money on a video where the facts aren't there, the faith isn't there, and all that is there is a bunch of poposterous hogwash created by a bung hole who has no idea what true faith means...

You probably haven't even researched religions, and especially faith...

Your one of those squirrley type A fools that claim to know everything when in truth you know nothing.

If you want to put down faith and religion fine, go to your mohawk buddies and piss on the religions, but don't come to the "faith and spirituality" thread and piss on it, trying to sell your lousy dvd...

Get a clue.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
First of all, this was put on Abovetopsecret, but the admin moved it to this section, saying that it would be ok to list here.

Do you even know what THEOLOGY is? From your attack it is obvious that you don't.

Theology is the study of faith, practice, and experience. This is exactly what our film does, it is a discussion of quite a few known faiths or beliefs. If you are too narrow-minded to see beyond your own beliefs, you have no business being on this thread. Basically, if you are unwilling to discuss or explore other faiths / beliefs, you are the one that is trying to sell something. We made this film because we were sick of small-minded people like you pushing your beliefs as the one and only way.

I was a religious history major in college but eventually changed to film. The decades since then, I have been a fanatic on history and faiths... I have researched beliefs of more cultures than you can possibly think of.

Again, this is a Faith, Spirituality, and Theology thread... our work explores aspects of each of those.

You should open your mind to other possibilities, it may at least show you some insight into others, beyond your own small little world.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Wow, can I really buy your
?

This is a discussion forum. Don't we all get enough
in our email, do we really need it on the forums too?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This discussion has gone beyond spam... yeah, we have, what we believe is a fairly religiously provocative dvd that doesn't really have a solid market. That's why we brought it up here... a place that is open to religious discussions and alternative beliefs.

But now, this discussion has become one of what theology is, and whether these matters are open to discussion here. There have been attacks on the premise of our story, solely based on the religious beliefs of the poster... these posts have stated their beliefs as FACT! We believe their facts are flawed beyond measure, which shows in their anger towards how we portray Jesus in the film.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
No it doesn't make sense, hence it being stupid, Ok if a chic dies, and then goes into the afterlife, and then she talks # to her creator, thats just stupid, how could she point out flaw if she is there? Does the movie support its thesis? Or is it all made up , I suspect you want it to be fact seeing how you said this is what you believe, secondly you could have said you made a movie, and left it at that, but you wanted to advertise, how about you get a banner on the site?

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by infovacume]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
What doesn't make sense?

Many religions have a limbo where the recently departed wait to go to either heaven or hell.

This is a work of fiction, not what we believe about heaven or hell. The film talks about many different religious beliefs.

In it, the main character dies and goes to a place where J and D are supposed to decide where she should spend eternity. Jesus is not her creator. That's your belief, not mine. These two simply evaluate her life to determine which place suits her best... with neither place being what you would expect it to be. In the process of deciding, the three characters explore many of our religions; Catholisism, Judaism, Budism, Hinduism, various Native American beliefs, etc... At some point, J & D decide they'll let her make the choice. She put them to task at showing what each place (heaven and hell) are like. While this is happening, we explore many of man's less than noble traits, and some of the finer ones.

What angers me is that while I did want to get some notice for the film... and realize that message boards are a great place to target people that might be interested in it, I had originally placed the thread somewhere else. The people that run this and the Abovetopsecret boards, thought this would be the best place for it and moved it here. This is self-promotion, but I agree with them, it is related to this thread and is not simply junk spam.

But, beyond that we start getting attacked for our beliefs. Attacks that are simply close-minded and ignorant. For anyone to state as fact, that they are right and anyone else's beliefs are wrong, obviously do not add to this board.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Listen you cocky ass moron , I said it doesn;t make since, I didn't bash your beliefs, in the movie she is talking with the devil and Jesus, speaking strictly in the movie, if she is with these two people then, christianity is the religion of choice there are no others, are you following. All I am saying is you are twisting a religion , and at the same time not making since, it is my opinion , respect that.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You are were probably one of those people who protested "The Last Temptation of Christ" before you even saw it. As for Jesus and the Devil being in it, making it a Christian tale... Jesus is only a prophet in Islam, and the Devil, or a Devil is in 98% of the world's religions. So, know what you are talking about before you spout off that something is stupid! Idiot!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Actually you can't put them into their place if you haven't read the bible, the scriptures, the gospel....

Simple...... If you don't believe god came down in the spirit of man, fine... But don't say that you put them into their place when your whole movie is based upon fallicious assessments from doing no research...

The problem with man is that they will try to justify everything to fit their agenda the way the want.

You can twist and turn the gospel whichever way you like, but people aren't going to buy into it because your whole agenda is based upon lies.
You wanna be on the other side go ahead, but you aren't going to get any believer's of the lord (OUR SAVIOR) to buy into your phony twisted garbage you call truth...
Thats what it is: GARBAGE with a capital G.
I wouldn't waste any money or time on nonsense like that when you have no idea what your talking about.
You can't find one lie God told, one inconsistency, if you knew the bible...

do a little more research....... The only people that make mistakes and lie are man.
Not God.....And you are far far from the truth...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalevolutionproject
You are were probably one of those people who protested "The Last Temptation of Christ" before you even saw it. As for Jesus and the Devil being in it, making it a Christian tale... Jesus is only a prophet in Islam, and the Devil, or a Devil is in 98% of the world's religions. So, know what you are talking about before you spout off that something is stupid! Idiot!

No I could care less, but I bet you were one of the idiots protesting the Passion before it came out. Secondly I do know what I am talking about, dip # , so listen up, if a person dies , and Jesus and the Devil are there, than Jesus is the son of God, normal people would not be at the gates of heaven and hell. Secondly Muslims, In general believ you pay off your sins in hell, so you don't go for enternity, so again , even from a muslim perspective it doesn't make sense.

new topics

top topics

join