It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Thought..Field consciousness observed in nature. Very Interesting!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wiki - Published in 1973, The Secret Life of Plants was written by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird. It is described as "A fascinating account of the physical, emotional, and spiritual relations between plants and man."

Essentially, the subject of the book is the idea that plants may be sentient, despite their lack of a nervous system and a brain. This sentience is observed primarily through changes in the plant's conductivity, as through a polygraph, as pioneered by Cleve Backster. The book also contains a summary of Goethe's theory of plant metamorphosis.

In this video, Cleve Backster shows what happens when he hooks a plant up to a polygraph test. He merely THINKS about taking flame to one of the leafs, and the readings on the plant got crazy.. This short video really just changes the way I think about some things. Check it out and let me know what you think. Its about 10 min long, so its not as long as the last video I posted.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Want to go with you, but no that far. It has been shown that plants can communicate to each other in relation to being eaten. Whether that is pheremonal or what, the other plants harden up. Why on earth did he stick the plants two rooms away from the shrimp? Why did he not stick to his fire experiment first to get some credibility on the way? Fun video, not science.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thats cool, its your opinion.
What I got from it was he put the plant in a different room because he wanted to see if the plants readings would be more intense at the second that the shrimp hit the boiling water, and I think it was. The readings went from normal to abnormal the minute the shrimp went into the water. Also, keep in mind that the video looks like it could be from the 70's. They weren't as advanced as we are in editing and all that. Thanks for watching though!! Its always good to see another side.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
this is scary

what is the muslim prophecy in the end of days

"The Hour will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews (and the Muslims will kill them), until the Jews hide behind the trees and rocks and the trees and rocks will say, "O Muslim, 0 Servant of God, Here are the Jews, Come and kill them!" except the Gharqad Tree because it is a tree of the Jews."

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Nah, my point was big acorns from little oaks do grow. He should have stuck with the fire, then plant close, then plant far away. The complaint was that no-one would check out his ideas. Seriously, if you're going to put a polygraph on a plant and then burn it, if you can get the equipment for free, then it's a laugh and he should have sold it to his mates that way, then built up. I'm ambivalent on the issue, I believe in quantum entanglement and that we are all interconnected quite how I don't know, but when relativity hits quantum, we might get the answer, and if plants do have energy, it would not shock me. The level of complaint given proof struck me as rather delusional......

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Do I believe that plant life is aware and truly has a level of consciousness? Yes!

Sorry about the 1 liner...but, this is all I wish to say.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Great vid!! I don't think he was trying to give people conclusive proof, only to get people to see the world they live in differently, through methodology. I wondered for a while on the sentience of plants, amongst other things, thought it quite probable. Not being able to communicate with them, on their levels shouldn't make them inanimate, by that right, we wouldn't be sentient, in the eyes of a more intelligent being.

Good thread, flagged.

EMM

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

He was complaining that no one would verify his experiments aka take him seriously, he needed proof.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

He was complaining that no one would verify his experiments aka take him seriously, he needed proof.

I know. I didn't post the video to conclude that its true. I just wanted to see what others thought of it. I thought it was interesting weather it was true or not. I figured I would share it with everyone. Thanks for posting though. I thought this was a dead thread lol

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
That was a super cool vid. I especially enjoyed the pimp 70s music. I couldn't believe that plant reacted at the moment the shrimp hit the water. I would love to see these experiments replicated and tested. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Excuse me for contradicting you but to say plants lack a nervous system and a brain is, well myopic, and failing to see the forest for the trees.
Litterally!

Plants are in design not much different from individual nerve cells. Put them into an array, or as you are accustomed to calling them a forest or field and you may very well have a brain. There is research showing electrochemical interaction of plants at the root level. If they were animals we would refer to it as communications.

The leaves act like the photoreceptors in the eye. The atmosphere like a lens. If in the beginning the earth had one land mass as they say, then perhaps mother earth spent aeons gazing out at the universe in contemplation. Like the eye of God!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What you have witnessed was the inherent connection between the fractal void of space/time. info here

The Noosphere is the sphere of consciousness, the web of thought the empathic link between all things.

The reason why plants react to emotions, how we are able to communicate with our pets, the way babies hook on the local family noosphere and then from the outside, school, culture, education, and learn to adapt.
It has different levels, and needs, and serves different purposes in different places.

There are some theories about "secret Societies" infecting the Noosphere with fnords and memes of devious design, but that's another tale...

One of the original aspects of the noosphere concept deals with evolution. Henri Bergson (1907) was one of the first to propose that evolution is 'creative' and cannot necessarily be explained solely by Darwinian natural selection. L'évolution créatrice is upheld, according to Bergson, by a constant vital force that animates life and fundamentally connects mind and body, an idea opposing the dualism of René Descartes. In 1923, C. Lloyd Morgan took this work further, elaborating on an 'emergent evolution' that could explain increasing complexity (including the evolution of mind). Morgan found that many of the most interesting changes in living things have been largely discontinuous with past evolution, and therefore did not necessarily take place through a gradual process of natural selection. Rather, evolution experiences jumps in complexity (such as the emergence of a self-reflective universe, or noosphere). Even the way culture evolves and expands, particularly language, facilitated a quickening of evolution in which cultural evolution occurs more rapidly than biological evolution. Recent understanding of human ecosystems and of human impact on the biosphere have led to a link between the notion of sustainability with the "co-evolution" [Norgaard, 1994] and harmonization of cultural and biological evolution.

from the wackypedia

Telepathy, and mental prowess can be achieved by learning to adapt and redefine the mind and its connection to this web of consciousness and being.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

I have had plants share their dreams with me when I gardened heavily.
Strawberry plants sharing sacred dream geometrys and their rational. Optimizations for sun, water, soil, and spread with perfect surface coverage.

Optimizing themselves within their potential geometries, in their dreams of self perfection. What a glorious thing for plants to share with their gardener.

I was not a very good gardener, I did not know what to do to help them reach those dreams. One of my many failings in life, I am sorry to say.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This also reminds of the topic of the rather unique and interesting Morphic and Morphogenetic field studies by Rupert Sheldrake.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You are right!
The morphogenetic field could be considered a place within the so called Noosphere, or the Noosphere defined by the morphogenetic field.

This are well kept secrets, whoever controls these controls part of our "reality"
We knowing is a step towards onthological freedom and maturity.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am very interested in how arrays of cells can communicate. Neurons have many cell contacts, but surely the most contacts one plant cell can have in an array is 26? I appreciate that the brains would have to move slowly, but how does this lead to an instantanious electical result to somone thinking about the concept of burning fire?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Maybe it is one of those cases of thinking beyond the defined norms of our societies way ie; thinking laterally and "outside the Box."

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet

This are well kept secrets, whoever controls these controls part of our "reality"
We knowing is a step towards onthological freedom and maturity.

new topics

top topics

join