It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythbusters made to keep silent concerning RFID chips.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
IMHO, the issue is not the technology of RFID, but the use of it. Yes, standard commercial RFID is relatively simple today. The current format allows little hacking, BUT, do you know what the capacity, encoding, programming of that particular product RFID chip is?

We had RFID on film cartridges and drives (we didn't know what they were) in the late 70's that came out of our aircraft. When we asked what they did, we were told they stored date, time, altitude and an INS coordinate history. This, despite the fact that we had a pretty complex FDR (flight data recorder). Now, I was kind of a techy then, so I doubted it. But, since that time, it has become clear that USG technology is far more advanced than anyone outside the "compartment" (read compartmentalized) knows.

Again, be intimidated by the stealth use of the technology, not the technology itself.

Anyone else have an RFID chip implanted?

[edit on 4-9-2008 by habu71]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
I think it's alarming that Adam (Sessler?) basically sounded forced in his retraction statement. I don't blame him for retracting his statement. He's got a nice cushy career and he's a celebrity...

No man.. Sessler is from Xplay not Mythbusters.

Adam Savage is from Mythbusters.

I dont have much to add to this other than that.. I have bitched and moaned about this for the last 6 yrs.. so saying anything really dont do much in the swing of things.. You can tell people all you want about it, but next time a football game is on, they will forget wtf you said.

That's right!!! I used to watch XPlay too much. Morgan was hot.

Haha I feel dumb. I don't watch mythbusters too much anymore, as you can tell.

<< 1   >>

join