It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence Is Nothing But Hearsay

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone had mentioned this.......

But the very fact that the world seems so opposed to Jesus Christ offers me substantial evidence that he does indeed exist.

If he hadn't, why would haters like the OP spend so much time trying to imply Christ never existed?

To easy.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
reply to post by AlexG141989

I disagree with your hearsay arguement.

What motivation would anybody have to write about Jesus unless he was real?

I could excuse a couple of instances to coincedence, but you have listed a whole truckload of evidence to support the claim that all those writings mention a man named Jesus lived 2000 years ago as being more than just coincedence, anything else would be irrational.

Even many atheist do not deny a man named Jesus walked the Earth 2000 years ago, they just don't support the God aspect. I accept that and can respect and understand how they can rationally come to that conclusion.

I admire your effort, but your claim is borderline absurd.

What motivation do they have to write about any fictional character? My take is why would a person that cannot be killed just disappear off the face of the earth? Really the facts are agianst him, Year 1000AD supposedly to return did not. Y2K, supposed return did not. Now either Jesus cannot read or his calendar is off by 2000 years. I would like to think that there is a supreme being but no amount of praying has ever helped me.....and besides if God hears prayers then he must keep a headache and why would only a select few get those prayers? No, to many questions and not enough answers.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Romans sent CHristians to death by the Gladiators and Lions... Why would they do that if the people were just insane?

Also, why would the most pagan society in the worldnow be the seat of the world church?

How many fictional characters caused the emperor to split time and start the calendar all over again after their birth?

Hmmm... The same person who wrote thi blasphemy alsoi believes some UFO's are alien, based on ...dare I say it? ....Hearsay..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

But the very fact that the world seems so opposed to Jesus Christ offers me substantial evidence that he does indeed exist.

If he hadn't, why would haters like the OP spend so much time trying to imply Christ never existed?

To easy.

You said a lot in that short comment Anonymous. It made me think of the old saying "the smeller's the feller" -- why do they even care? I think many people are trying to convince themselves rather than anyone else, because the Spirit is within them whether they embrace it or not in this life.

And about the haters, they certainly don't have a leg up on Jesus, he knew they would be in abundance, however long He allows this world to exist as it is. "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil." John 7:7

The Bible warns the promised Messiah would be hated and despised . . .

"He (Messiah) was despised,
and we did not esteem Him."
(Isaiah 53:3)

"The Redeemer of Israel, their Holy One,
To Him whom man despises,
To Him whom the nation abhors."
(Isaiah 49:7)

"He [Messiah/Christ] is despised ... and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief ..."
(Isaiah 53:3)

Then, Jesus warns believing Christians will be hated by the world . . .

"If the world hates you,
you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
If you were of the world, the world would love its own.
Yet because you are not of the world,
but I chose you out of the world,
therefore the world hates you."
(John 15:18-19)

And Jesus prayed, "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them [those Christians who love and follow the Messiah]

because they are not of the world,
just as I am not of the world.
I do not pray that You should take them out of the world,
but that You should keep them from the evil one [Satan]."
[In the Bible, Satan is also called the "Ruler of this world"...
until Christ [Messiah] returns]
(John 17:14-15)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Jesus is one thing...DEAD.

Maybe he did exist at one time, but who cares? He's DEAD.
He is not rising from the DEAD, he is not coming back, he is not doing crap for anyone and if he ever did come back, greater than half the hypocrites who have the nerve to call themselves christians would be sent to that other place that also doesn't exist; hell. You know, that place where you go when you're "bad" (aka a conflict of interest).

"Yeah, I know I'm an alcoholic pedophile, but in the bible it says that Jesus will forgive me and it's not my fault". Whatever!

And that gets me to the question of WHY THE HELL can't people live by example and why are people so stupid that they need a book to tell them what to do?

Like I need to read a book to know that sticking barbed wire in my peehole would hurt and probably be frowned upon in my community?
Don't laugh, there are people this sick who think jesus exists too!

I agree with the OP. People can quote the "Novel"all they want. It's not going to change the fact that NO ONE can prove it, and this is for quite some length of time now that any effort has ended in severe failure.

Jesus did not show up on your dinner, or a skid mark on your drawers either. And no you can't auction it off for 20,000 dollars on ebay because it is not official Jesus merchandise.

What would the world gain NOW by knowing that jesus existed BACK THEN? Would the gray skies clear up? Would the economy right itself?
Would the war and theft stop? Would Pat Robertson die in a fire?

Can someone tell me that much?
Because if not, any argument is totally worthless and without merit.
I stand with the Opening Poster on this. It was a great heart warming little story for young children on christmas...until they discover that Santa Claus doesn't exist either.

Here's one more question...if Jesus, God, and Santa Claus DO/Did exist...and jews are god's chosen people, then why doesn't Santa give toys to jewish kids?

All these stories just don't tie together.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Critical_Mass

You just proved every single thought and scripture I wrote in my post. Thank you.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well then I guess you didnt hear that he ROSE FROM THE DEAD and is ALIVE and he went to prepare a place FOR YOU .... >>>>But did not leave us comfortless ..he sent his spirit THE HOLY SPIRIT to come and abide in you if you were willing to accept him into your life...Which is the part that you evidently dont get ...

Sorry ...but that is the truth as I see it ..

He is not dead to me ...and if he seems to be dead to you then maybe you and him need to have a talk ...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
why do they even care?

This is a conspiracy forum.
Why do people care who shot JFK?
Why do people care if Obama is a Muslim?

Curiousity - among other things.

I'm sorry, but I've seen this argument one to many times and it's extremely weak.

I think many people are trying to convince themselves rather than anyone else, because the Spirit is within them whether they embrace it or not in this life.

The convincing is in the evidence or in this case lack of evidence.
You're the one who is trying to convince yourself despite the evidence.
It's your belief, and you have every right to it, but the purpose of this thread is that there is no evidence that Jesus even lived, let alone was the son of God, who we have no evidence of either.
If this 'Spirit' is inside of me, then it has one thing in common with Jesus:
No evidence.

The Bible warns the promised Messiah would be hated and despised . . .

But... Don't you see? That's the thing - by and large, he isn't hated or despised. A majority of the people in many cultures PRAISE this man, and even for those who don't, he is vastly more respected than spit upon.
And if you're talking about unbelievers, how can I or any other atheist hate him?
Do you hate Santa Claus?
You can't hate what you believe doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Nice try but... ehhh, some people don't read. Well, I will answer your post with another quote from that link

That is the problem with most christian people I think...They just obey hearsay!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Phew.
That was a very insightful post.

reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm sure the OP doesn't appreciate you declaring him a "hater". Non-believers aren't the same as "haters".

Not that that would mater as attacking his character is not in anyway providing evidence to counter his claim.

[edit on 10/28/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

If you use the proof these people try to produce, our granchildren will be worshipping santa claus and wondering why no one has the ability that he did in his day.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by The Stand]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Why rely on the works of anonymous or dubious internet sources?

Who would be the ultimate judges in the historical existence of JC? How about the people whose job it is to study the historical authenticity of the NT? The people who spend all their lives digging up the facts? How about we ask the actual SCHOLARS whose life's work is just that?

And what do we find when we read these peoples works?

Pretty well a unanimous verdict that JC did NOT in fact exist. That the whole NT is a clever fable; an early work of political propaganda used by a small, yet fanatical sect of Jews intent on eradicating their enemies: The Roman Empire.

Want to find out the truth for yourself? I'd highly reccomend this book as your starting point:

www.amazon.com...

Of course, you could simply ignore the works of the experts - that's your perogative of course. But the evidence is damning, to say the least.

J.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Romans sent CHristians to death by the Gladiators and Lions... Why would they do that if the people were just insane?

Also, why would the most pagan society in the worldnow be the seat of the world church?

How many fictional characters caused the emperor to split time and start the calendar all over again after their birth?

Hmmm... The same person who wrote thi blasphemy alsoi believes some UFO's are alien, based on ...dare I say it? ....Hearsay..

Read this book and your questions will have answers...

www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rightwingnut
This is the thing that tears it. There are present day relatives of jesus. I am shocked that the argument that this person lived has gone on to 50pgs.
The government of Italy has become corrupted that badly that their records are false!? Their memories askewed!? I doubt it. It may have been a period of culture we may not understand but one thing predicates a jesus living and it is a proud government cruxifying one.

Where/who are these 'relatives' of Christ? Give us your proof for this statement please. This is just a fable propagated by shallow works of fiction like 'The Davinci Code' etc...

J.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

What? You mean numerous dead didn't hop out of their graves and walk into town? [matt 27:52]

Good post.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
I am intrigued by the number of pages this has gone to!

I think it is prudent to say "make up your own minds people" and believe what you will. Believe what you feel comfortable with.

If you feel better believing he didn't exist so be it and if you believe he did/does exist then so be it.

It should be a personal thing between you and yourself only.

If only that were so! Unfortunately, in these dark times of relgious extremism and intolerence, it's very important I feel, to shine a very bright light on the inconsistenies and fallacies that most organised religions espouse.

J.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
I can't believe this page is almost fifty pages long now.Lol Somewhere near midway through it - I tried to tell everyone how the undeniable truth can be found in living water, but it's like talking to a wall in here. You guys want to know how concepts turn in to realities but if you don't apply the teachings Jesus brought - you'll always live in the dark. In fact you will die in your sins. Why in the world do you think he urged people to "wake up" and "don't fall asleep"?

Most people want enlightenment but many of you are willfully and almost wantingly choosing to suffer spiritual death (to perish).

Anyways, Ashley is correct. One of the keys to opening the gate is to become like a child. In fact he says, that if a person doesn't they can't enter the kingdom. Children have pure intentions, the highest of hopes and a glowing expectancy of what happens next.

The first key is fear of the LORD - it's the beginning of knowledge.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

That is pure baloney!

It's this kind of thinking that chokes the intellectual debate in these forums.

Fear God?

Indeed....

Fear Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

What? You mean numerous dead didn't hop out of their graves and walk into town? [matt 27:52]

Good post.

Hopefully not!
That would be a pretty hideous sight, dontchya think? Besides, why walk? Didn't they have public transit back then??? heh

J.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Dunno, they defeated death. Maybe they should've tried to defeat gravity to. You would think that doing so would be easier than overcoming death but they managed that so..

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join