It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence Is Nothing But Hearsay

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

No, what I meant was that hearsay is unprovable, which is what your statement is, unprovable.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Look at what hearsay means. Its information that is not ones own direct knowledge.

Just in case you are not clear on my post. The OP title says hearsay, and not prove. So I have listed that definition below. Then, I convey to you my personal interaction and direct knowledge which is not hearsay.

By definition:

Hearsay: 1. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.

I bring you witness to the existence of Jesus Christ. I did not come to understand what I know from a biblical or textual source, nor human conveyance. It was through direct interaction.

It is part of my direct knowledge and therefore does not qualify as hearsay.

Peace

[edit on 20-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
By definition:

Hearsay: 1. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.

I bring you witness to the existence of Jesus Christ. I did not come to understand what I know from a biblical source or otherwise. It was through direct interaction.

It is part of my direct knowledge and therefore does not qualify as hearsay.

So if I told you that I had direct knowledge that the flying spaghetti monster is real, what would you call that?
Proof or hearsay?

You see, YOU do not consider your words hearsay, but based on your definition of the word I DO. Because, your words are " unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge". Your words are not part of my direct knowledge, therefor it is hearsay. So if I believed in the flying spaghetti monster, to ME that is not hearsay, it is merly a faulty belief. However, If I tell YOU that he exists and I know it, then that is hearsay.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

And for the rest of us, hearsay, or as I like to call it: BS!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
So if I told you that I had direct knowledge that the flying spaghetti monster is real, what would you call that?
Proof or hearsay?

Well..to be honest, I think Jaxon said it best regarding your flying spahetti monster.

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

And for the rest of us, hearsay, or as I like to call it: BS!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I think that was TruthParadox's point to you! But you gave me a GREAT idea for a new thread!

The Evidence for Jesus' Divinity is Nothing But Heresay.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Exactly! You take my words about the flying spaghetti monster as BS, so what do you think an atheist takes your words about another invisible diety as?
Two guesses, only the first one counts.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

A man who believes racism is with merit cannot be convinced, just as a man who does not will not be shaken.

A candle is not lit so that it might be hid under a stand. I have spoken my word and to that I am asked to do. It is your choice to knock, not my choice to force you to knock. The door does not open if it is not knocked upon, and the person not interested in finding out, goes on his way.

It is every mans choice, in full witness of the Truth, to recognize within his own heart that which is best for all mankind.

Love one another, if you beget one teaching of Jesus. Should you not attribute that to him, at least in your ways I ask you to consider this practice.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

But you gave me a GREAT idea for a new thread!

The Evidence for Jesus' Divinity is Nothing But Heresay.

yes, good idea. that'll help keep this thread on point....

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I posted this in the Divinity thread, but feel that it directly applies to each, whether you seek the existence of Jesus or proof of his Divinity.

Evidence of the existence of Jesus can be found in each and every person who seeks him.

Does a door open if you do not grab the handle?
Does a person answer, if their door is not knocked upon?

A word of advice, for those who seek him, from he himself:

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him

Like a thief in the night, he will come to you. When it happens, you will hard pressed to tell others. When Jesus Christ shows himself to you, a candle lit you will be. Is a candle lit, so that it might be hidden under a bed?

When people dislike you for your testimony of Jesus, remember what he warned us about in this matter:

If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own.

Jesus Christ

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I posted this in the Divinity thread, but feel that it directly applies to each, whether you seek the existence of Jesus or proof of his Divinity

yes, well, it doesn't. this thread is about specific evidence dating from the time that jesus lived on this earth to around the time of his death. so no, something that say happened yesterday isn't relevant here.

please stay on topic.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convex
yes, well, it doesn't. this thread is about specific evidence dating from the time that jesus lived on this earth to around the time of his death. so no, something that say happened yesterday isn't relevant here.

please stay on topic.

Your knowing his way, and performing it will give you all the evidence you need.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Your knowing his way, and performing it will give you all the evidence you need.

i already do both of those and so far, 40+ pages in this thread, no direct evidence yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convex
i already do both of those and so far, 40+ pages in this thread, no direct evidence yet.

Maybe your not looking the right way. For any man who denies the existence of Christ does not seem to be a man in search.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him

Peace

[edit on 21-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Convex

Except for that whole 'possibly finding his tomb with him still in it' thing. But then again, it doesn't exactly help the 'Christian' point of view.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Except for that whole 'possibly finding his tomb with him still in it' thing. But then again, it doesn't exactly help the 'Christian' point of view.

i don't believe they found jesus' family tomb, nor do i doubt the existance of a historical jesus.

as i've stated several times in this thread.

i'm not so blind and my belief not so fragile that i can't admit that there is NO evidence for his existence though.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

If the Bible is sufficient evidence, then I could use the hieroglyphs in the pyramids of Egypt to prove the existance of Ra, Osiris, Isis, etc. Do you believe in their existance as well?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

at least it doesn't say "show proof of his life on earth to him", or there would be a lot of people who don't love him on this thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Convex

The question of this thread is did Jesus exist. Not his divinity or the accuracy of the accounts of his life. Simply, did he exist.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

If the Bible is sufficient evidence, then I could use the hieroglyphs in the pyramids of Egypt to prove the existance of Ra, Osiris, Isis, etc. Do you believe in their existance as well?

once again, if ra was supposed to have lived and died prior to becoming a god (like some of the caesars)and there were records of ra the person, written and dating back to the time he was alive then yes i would believe in a ra person having been alive.

i probably wouldn't believe in ra's divinity though.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join