It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence Is Nothing But Hearsay

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
These certainly contribute to his existence, right?

No.
Read the thread.

Iasion

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hi all,

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I speak English u troll, not Midieval Latin.
en.wikipedia.org...
In ENGLISH we say "After Dominion", heck some say "After Death".
Save it dude.

Wrong.
In English the correct meaning of A.D. is "Anno Domini" as your link agrees.

"After Dominion" is wrong.
I have NEVER EVER heard this usage before.
A google search for "After Dominion" shows no such usage that I can find.

"After Death" is OBVIOUSLY wrong (A.D. counts from Jesus' BIRTH - did you even KNOW that?)

But we all know NOTurTypical is simply not capable of ever admitting error.

Iasion

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Iasion]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hi all,

reply to post by TruthParadox

Well, I've done my part.

No you haven't.
You have conspicuously failed to back up or withdraw your claims :

The Talmud also makes note of Jesus's miracles,

Really?
Please produce the actual quotes from the Talmud.

The Talmud ALSO records the great earthquake that happened at His death

Really?
Please cite the passage or withdraw this claim.

as well as the temple curtian tearing in two just like the Bible does.

Really?
Please cite the passage or withdraw this claim.

Iasion

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I speak English u troll, not Midieval Latin.
en.wikipedia.org...
In ENGLISH we say "After Dominion", heck some say "After Death".
Save it dude.

yikes - your ignorance is showing - please put it way , it is unsightly

maybe you SHOULD study some latin - then you MIGHT get a correct transation

Anno = in the year of

it has never EVER meant after

a big clue is the related latin , such as

Annus = year [ used in Annus mirabilis - a wonderful year ]
Annum = year [ uded in per annum - per year as in salary ]

my latin is rusty - but ` post ` = after [ isded in post natal depression , ie after birth depression ]

domini does NOT mean dominion - it means god or ` our lord ` just look up any other latin usage of the word

zero out of 2 correct is pretty poor going - at least you correctly dismissed the fallacy that it meant ` after death `

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Any evidence of Jesus existence has been in writing hundreds of years post his death. The one blurb in Josephus writings has been shown to be that of Eusebius in it's writing style and handwriting. A forgery.

Religion is Bunk! A tool for control.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If we can believe that there was a Jesus and include his miracles then we may as well also believe in Bhuda, Zeus, Mars, et al. They we written about in much the same way as the Jesus person.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Exactly, when you grow up you realize that Santa was made up to bribe children into good behavior. When you are capable of determining right from wrong you no longer need to be bribed by a toy from Santa to be good. Because you are capable of logical thinking and understanding.

When you grow up you realize that jesus/god was made up to scare the people into good behavior (and paying taxes). When you are capable of determining right from wrong you no longer need to be controlled by the threat of being struck down by the lord/jesus. Simply because you are capable of logical thinking and understanding.

Jesus was the name used by Jewish families when making up fables that had a moral lesson. The name jesus worked out better for the stories then the name "some dude". The fact that someone decided to take all of those little stories and compile them into a religion is a kicker. The fact that a whole bunch of followers still exist thousands of years latter convinced that these fables are real, is sad. No wonder that religion is the biggest excuse for war.

know jesus, Know war.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Well, the fact that historians and ancient texts refer to "Christians" tells me that there was indeed a Christ.
MHO

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The early heretic break off churches founded no more than a few decades after Jesus.

Also, why would anyone write DURING Jesus' time? He was nothing more than another dead rebel then. Would you expect a full scholarly letter about a random death penalty victim today? No. But if a religion about him pooped up, then you would.

This is just another deniers of history thread with half baked excuses to not believe anything from the past.

For once you control the past, you control the future.

Epic failure for all those who believe any of this historic ignorance.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Some things more than 1500 years in existence including the passing on of oral history and thousands of hearsay writings: The world is definitely FLAT! The sky is a dome set above the firmament and the stars are holes pierced in it so the light of heaven can shine through. Slavery is a good thing. Mother Earth is the only true God. The moon is made of green cheese. Witches fly on broom-sticks. Vampires exist and drink human blood (goes on even today. Women are chattel. It's perfectly okay to slaughter the innocents as long as they are of your enemies. The Bible is the inerrant word of God. Werewolves. Zombies. Evil spirits.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well another event that we don't have any "eyewitness accounts," for but is still considered to have happened by historians, is the "Great Flood." Notice I didn't say the biblical flood as although there is a biblical account of this (i.e. Noah's Ark), it was also mentioned in Sumerian texts and other historical documents, and even on pottery. Now there was never an eyewitness account, but historians still consider it to have happened, so just something to think about. Also while it seems to be true that there is heresay, if it didn't happen, what would have caused everyone to begin citing the person saying it happened?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There were writings about Jmmanuel (Jesus) during Jmmanuel's lifetime by the man who is falsely accused of betraying him. It is known as Talmud Jmmanuel, which was found in 1964 I believe. This book contains the true teachings about the man known as Jesus (who is part Extraterrestrial by the way), his real father is not Creation but is Gabriel (not an angel), an extraterrestrial. Google Talmud Jmmanuel.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Iasion

Hi,
I have been following this thread for a few days now from the start. Very interesting. Responding to below...

The Talmud also makes note of Jesus's miracles,

Really?
Please produce the actual quotes from the Talmud.

I found this from the following site: watch.pair.com...

It states:

The Talmud and Cabala teachings of the Toledot Yeshu-- (or Tolodoth Ieschu or Sepher Toldoth Jehoshua) are representative of teachings regarding Christ which may be shocking to Christians. A brief overview of these teachings cites the Talmud, (treatise Sabbath, folio 104, treatise Sanhedrim, folio 107, and Sota, folio 47) which presents this falsified account of Jesus:

"Now, there was in the Temple a stone on which was engraved the Tetragrammaton [YHWH] or Schem Hamphorasch, that is to say, the Ineffable Name of God; this stone had been found by King David when the foundations of the Temple were being prepared and was deposited by him in the Holy of Holies. Jeschu, knowing this, came from Galilee and, penetrating into the Holy of Holies, read the Ineffable name, which he transcribed on to a piece of whom parchment and concealed in an incision under his skin. By this means he was able to work miracles and to persuade the people that he was the son of God foretold by Isaiah. With the aid of Judas, the Sages of the Synagogue, succeeding in capturing Jeschu, who was then lead before the Great and Little Sanhedrim, by whom he was condemned to be stoned to death and finally hanged." Such is the story of Christ according to the Jewish Kabbalists ..." 5.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
so then...I'm a person standing next to a person who is killing someone..I see it first hand, as a first hand witness.....does that make my testimony at court..hearsay? or am I a witness? Mark, James, John, Peter, are all written under 60-65 years after Jesus' death, well within a time period for the person writing they're book to be a witness account. Not only that....but I find it very hard to believe that men would have they're heads chopped off, they're bodies strung up on a cross, or burned to death, or stoned to death just for the simple fact of Hearsay.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hello AlexG,

A most interesting topic. Thanks for the research.

Out of curiousity have you ever read "The Christ Conspiracy" by Acharya S? You can read an excerpt HERE. It's an interesting book that looks into Christianity being just another incarnation of ancient Sun Worship.

I appologise if this has already been suggested to you, but at 24 pages a pounding headache was growing from all the ignorance, arrogance and mud slinging.

Also, something I thought whilst reading through the first 10 pages or so... and this is not directed at you, AlexG, but just a general thought chain. Why do Christians feel "It's all about faith" is a valid argument to use for Christianity, but not for Paganism, or Buddhism or Taoism?? Why are Christians allowed to base their religious choices on "faith" but everyone else MUST provide proof to support their own beliefs??

I don't know if God exists or not, I choose not to follow that path and therefore it's not my job to prove or disprove him. However I find religion on the whole an endlessly fascinating topic!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hey I found those supposed letters from Harod and Pilate
See link to read it all .

LETTERS OF HEROD AND PILATE,
CONNECTING ROMAN HISTORY with THE Death OF CHRIST AT JERUSALEM.

LETTER OF HEROD TO PILATE THE GOVERNOR.

HEROD TO PONTIUS PILATE THE GOVERNOR OF JERUSALEM:

PEACE.

www.pseudepigrapha.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

There are many websites and books which reveal the non-existence of Jesus. There are also many which show where the story came from. The researcher should beware of a religious fanatic who tells blatant lies to rubbish the glaring truth - tektonics. When you examine Egyptian records from temples and papyrii dating back to the 14th century BCE then the origin of the Christian Story can be clearly seen. IOSA was an Egyptian Spirit God and the name means 'Ever Coming Son' (of God). It is still spelled exactly the same as it was in Ancient Egypt, in the Gaelic Gospel of Mark (on the net). It is virtually the same story. However the researcher should start with identifying King Solomon. Go to home.austarnet.com.au... and just examine the evidence. Check it for yourself. Check the bible measurements of the Hall of Columns and compare them with the measurements found in the ruins at Malqata, Luxor, Egypt. Check the matching figures - bible to historical facts about Egypt. There is no doubt at all that Solomon was the Pharaoh SalimAmen III aka YmnHtp III. His son was the fifth King David better known today as King Tut. Check this out too and you will be astonished.

So where did the Gospel Jesus come from? The main story is plagiarised from Egypt. This was then mixed up with mainly two historical figures - Antigonus a King of the Jews who was crucified about a century before the bible story, and Apollonius. You can study these facts in 'Tears In Heaven' by Ian Ross Vayro published by Joshua Books late last year.

Gerald Massey was the first to blow the whistle in 1907 in his book "Ancient Egypt Light of the World" - can be read on the net. It is heavy going in places, but it does show us exactly where most of the stories came from, in Massey's research from Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. Ahmed Osman's "Out of Egypt - the roots of Christianity Revealed" is another good starter - though I have added to the evidence he has found that Solomon was Ymnhtp III and Joseph was Yuya.

In Bible Origins in Egypt - website as above - just look at the identitites of Jacob and Joshua. Jacob is spelled the same as in the cartouche of this Egyptian King, and Joshua is little altered from the original name - the Pharaoh Djoser.

Christ is an Egyptian word meaning 'Buried'. It is due time that it is. The first Christians knew that their Jesus was only a spirit god. Constantine took the old legends and made it the official Roman relgion to hold power. The Vatican still fights to maintain this world power. They control the banks and the minds of millions. The thousands of Christian Sects bleed money out of their followers to keep their leaders rich and living a life of utter luxury.

The Bible is full of hatred, killing and contradictions which give it away. If you want to learn more about the hundreds of thousands of errors in the bible then go to groups.msn.com... There are Christians who visit this forum and in some years I have never seen any of them put forward a single convincing fragment of proof that their religion is true or honest. I myself do believe that there is some higher intelligence, but it is nothing like the horrific bible god.
The main trouble is that most people have never read the bible and so have no idea how bad it is. (example Luke 14:26 and Psalm 137:9).
It is time to wake up.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hiya,

Originally posted by Gravityisatheory
Jesus was the name used by Jewish families when making up fables that had a moral lesson. The name jesus worked out better for the stories then the name "some dude".

Really?
Can you provide any examples of Jews doing this?

Perhaps just one such Jewish fable using the name of Jesus?

Iasion

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hi,

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Well, the fact that historians and ancient texts refer to "Christians" tells me that there was indeed a Christ.
MHO

Really?

So,the fact that historians and ancient texts refer to "Bacchioi" tells me that there was indeed a Bacchus.

Right ?

Iasion

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join