It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence Is Nothing But Hearsay

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Truth .
I dont think you even read that bible at all .
No one is going to HELL because they didnt do anything THEY ARE CHOOSING their own WAY ...their way is leading to death and destruction (And Yes they know it too) .....we all have a choice ....

Oh I read the Bible believe me. You misunderstand what I'm saying. I know we have a choice, but just hear me out. If God is omnipotent and created us, then he created us while seeing the world without time. In other words, he would have created us WHILE knowing what we would become. It's free will from our perspective, but we are going to either end up believing in God or not once it's all said and done. From Gods perspective, it would be like: 1+1=2. He not only sees the variables, but he sees the outcome as well. For us humans, we only see the 1+..... We don't see the rest of the equation. But that equation is already set in stone because time doesn't exist from God's perspective. And if God is omnipotent, then he knows what the outcome will be. So we have free will, yes. But from God's perspective, he wrote us as equations. Some destined to spend eternity in Hell, and some in Heaven.

But I've strayed off topic, so I'd rather not discuss it further.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
...it's just that there really isn't evidence for Jesus. I admit that there is a small chance that he did exist, and if so, was most likely a compilation of stories put together. ...There are so many people that think that there is actual evidence for Jesus' existence. There simply isn't.

I am going to ask for the third time. And so far, no one has answered me.

What year is it again?

In answering that question, you'll have all the proof you need.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

What year is it again?

please do not lie - i have already answered - as have others

just because you do not like the answers we gave and pretended that your question went unanswered is your problem not ours

PS - is that REALLY your standard of " proof " ?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
2008 "A.D"

A.D. = "After Dominion"

"B.C." = "Before Christ"

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
CE : common era ; BCE : before comon era

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have cast off the church in the name of Jesus. His teachings do not resemble the interpretations of the bible preached with so much hate. Jesus would have a very hard time finding a church that shared his values, if he was to reappear. It matters not if he existed, his teachings and spirit live inside me.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Christ denied again. ^^^

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Christ denied again. ^^^

My point exactly.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Earthman I agree that Jesus would have turned the tables over in our modern churchs just like he did in those days with the Jews.

It is not the bible that teaches hate neither is it Jesus .
It is the WOLVES in sheeps clothing who do that .

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
lets get the video out of jesus's day and watch it, oh wait there was no video...okay how about cassette recording, oh wait yep didn't exist...how about jesus frozen in carbonite, nope not that either...fact is, evidence doesn't last 2000 years they get lost along the way and left up for interpretation, so yeah its hearsay, but it doesn't mean its not fact, only way your going to know, is if you search out a relationship with God yourself on the basis of Jesus Christ.

Keeper

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4

Christ denied again. ^^^

My point exactly.

What was the event that made people wake up one day and realize they had finally arrived in the common era?

Are Amish still in the 'before common era' timeline?

The idea of "before common era' and 'common era' is absurd tripe at BEST.

You have to constantly change the dating system. What will they use 500 years from now??:

BCE= Before Common Era
CE= Common Era
NCE = New Common Era

You deniers are hilarious. Remember one thing, you will not be able to deny Him when you are on your knees in front of Him in judgment.

You won't have an excuse.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Earthman I agree that Jesus would have turned the tables over in our modern churchs just like he did in those days with the Jews.

It is not the bible that teaches hate neither is it Jesus .
It is the WOLVES in sheeps clothing who do that .

Biiiiinnngo!!! Star 4 you.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

great response. Need your help on this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will take this hearsay you non believers speak of and hand it back to you when Jesus returns. Then I will tell you...

I told you so... Jesus does exist...Here he is.....

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What year is it again?

Why it is the year 2008 CE, good sir. Did you hit your head? Amnesia is a serious condition which should be checked.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
lets get the video out of jesus's day and watch it, oh wait there was no video...okay how about cassette recording, oh wait yep didn't exist...how about jesus frozen in carbonite, nope not that either...fact is, evidence doesn't last 2000 years they get lost along the way and left up for interpretation, so yeah its hearsay, but it doesn't mean its not fact, only way your going to know, is if you search out a relationship with God yourself on the basis of Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry, but you seem to know very little in the way of historical records. People write things down. Yes, even in the past. The only record we have of Jesus is written years and years after his death. After 9/11 happened, there were people writting about it. If Jesus was performing miracles and was as popular as they said, people would have written about it. Why is it that the only record we have of Jesus was written years after the fact? It doesn't take that long to write a book. Surely there would have been something before that. Nope. Nothing. Yes there are things written about Jesus AFTER the gospels, but they are obviously written by people who READ the gospels and did not witness anything first hand. So it all comes down to the gospels, which were written years and years after the fact. If I'm a man of consistency, I can put no more stock in Jesus' existence then I can Hercules.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
New question:

What year did the atheists start calling it "CE" instead of "AD"? It was "AD" for centuries.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Does it really matter? As stated already, we have months that are named after Greek and Roman gods. The whole argument is ridiculous. But it does help me to see the ignorance of some people... As if AD was enough to believe that Jesus existed.

Wow.

I guess that just shows the amount of insufficient evidence when people grasp at straws like that.

sir_chancealot, you just made our point for us.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

If it "didn't really matter" you wouldn't have know-it-alls stating the year is currently 2008 "CE".

When that isn't what it truly is, it has only been called that recently to again, deny Christ.

Fact of the matter is BC has always meant the years "Before Christ" and AD has always meant the years "After Dominion".

No one says that's PROOF Christ exists, however, it is just 1 more brick of evidence in the wall.

Heck, it's one thing to deny Jesus Christ was God in the flesh, years ago people just simply claimed "He was just a man, not God". That's not good enough nowadays, now the growing consensus is to claim he never existed whatsoever!

Astounding, what's next after Christ, are we going to deny Moses, Abraham? What about Paul? maybe we can just deny King David too. Heck, do I even exist?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hi all,

You ignorant lieing sack of #.
You have been answered several times by more than one person.

What DAY is it again?

It's Wednesday (in some places)
named after the God Woden.

Therefore this PROVES Woden existed.
(At least according to sir_chancealot.)

What MONTH was it recently again?

It was June
named after the Goddess Juno.

Therefore this PROVES Juno existed.
(At least according to sir_chancealot.)

Iasion

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

A.D. = "After Dominion"

Man, that is so funny :-)

He doesn't even know what A.D. stands for !
Typical.

Iasion

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join