It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence Is Nothing But Hearsay

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
mhc_70
The dominionists have actually pretty much taken over MOST of the Churchs we have today ..
They slithered their way in through people like Rick Warren,Jerry Falwell,James Dobson etc etc etc etc .............and more than likely some of those preachers dont even realize they are helping the devil out with his plans ....they see it as a good thing ..(My friend does this too) she says why is it wrong to take the world back and make everyone straighten up and go back to moral teachings) and I said because THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOT DOING IT FOR THAT PURPOSE>
Their purpose is to TAKE IT OVER and move on with a SATANIC agenda using Christians as their cover ............

They are wolves in sheeps clothing .
Plain and simple
They are not CHRISTIANS they are a CULT (With satan as the head) ....
They have taken over in the name of Christianity .......

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
mhc_70
The dominionists have actually pretty much taken over MOST of the Churchs we have today ..

I am interested in what aspects or practices of the dominists do you find in most Christian churchs we have today?

[edit on 7-9-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
At that link..... here is what Bush and Co are doing and why ...I DONT BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE READING THE SAME BIBLE AS I AM >>...

[Postmillennialism: (Also known as "Christian Reconstruction", "Kingdom Now Theology" and "Dominion Theology.") This belief arose during the early 19th century CE. According to author Loraine Boettner, Postmillennialism involves "that view of last things which holds that the kingdom of God is now being extended in the world through the preaching of the gospel and the saving work of the Holy Spirit, that the world eventually is to be Christianized, and that the return of Christ will occur at the close of a long period of righteousness and peace, commonly called the millennium." 12 The theory is based on the perception of a gradual movement towards social perfection. They predicted that a massive religious revival, spiritual awakening and purification would occur. The entire human race is converted to Christianity, including the Jews. A millennium of peace and righteousness follows. After the millennium, Jesus returns to earth, resurrects the dead believers, and conducts the last judgment. The Rapture and Tribulation are largely ignored. This belief is being actively promoted today by the Chalcedon Foundation and other groups within the Christian Reconstruction movement.]
www.religioustolerance.org...

The Kingdom now theology is MESSED UP .....and dangerous and they are aiding in the deceptions of the last days and will help to bring in the AC gov.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How would all you Athiests and Agnostics and New Agers feel If I came in with a broad brush and just said ..

ALL OF OF YOU are DEVIL WORSHIPPERS ..even though even I know not all of you are devil worshippers just because some of you do worship the devil doesnt mean all of you do ....

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
[I am interested in what aspects or practices of the dominists do you find in most Christian churchs we have today? ]

That list is so long I couldnt even begin to tell you ..
Read that link and look deeper into it you will see it plainly ..

As I said before I had not even heard of it Until Bush became president (claiming to be a christian) and then he called in some Preachers to tell him about what the bible says about the end of the world etc ..well this is what he got told (The Dominionist beliefs) and right then is when I knew I knew nothing about the Kingdom Now stuff ..and I did my own digging and found out it was TRUE and was real and many many many are involved ...and I then began to understand why they are doing what they are doing (I couldnt figure out what those supposed Christians were up to and why and all of what I read helped me to see whats happening with them and why)..Maybe they dont all know what they are doing ..but thats just because they arnt digging into it deep enough to find out ..They dont care ..because alot of them are EXTREMISTS (sort of like the Muslim Extremists ) they think they are doing God a favor .
Sorry but he dont need their favors........nor does he need their help .
They are helping satan and some dont even know it........they are being USED ...(Most of them ) the rest know what they are doing and they know why *these are the wolves ....with the devil in the details ...

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is from your link

Its most common form, Dominionism, represents one of the most extreme forms of Fundamentalist Christianity thought. Its followers, called Dominionists, are attempting to peacefully convert the laws of United States so that they match those of the Hebrew Scriptures

This is not very clear as to me what they exactly mean by the "Hebrew Scriptures". The first thing that comes to my mind is the Old Testament Law...I thought that was Judaism [now I am really confused], none of the churchs I know of follow the Old Testament Law.

I can say whatever terrible things they are trying to do to our country they are going about it legally.

Its followers, called Dominionists, are attempting to peacefully convert the laws of United States so that they match those of the Hebrew Scriptures. They intend to achieve this by using the freedom of religion in the US to train a generation of children in private Christian religious schools. Later, their graduates will be charged with the responsibility of creating a new Bible-based political, religious and social order.

However much you or I do not like them we are free to start our own groups also, but we are not free to impede on somebody else rights.

This principle will keep this kind of group in check.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Know what I find idiotic about the amillenialist point of view?

John wrote Revelation 25 YEARS after the 2nd Temple was destroyed.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

The OT laws I believe they are talking about are the Noahide Laws (Look into the Noahide movements.)(These are the EXTREME JEWS)
So you have the Extreme Christians,And the Extreme Jews together thinking as one .....
I have read a few message boards where many Christians in many Churchs have taken on some of the Jewish beliefs (doing the feast days ,only eating certain foods,abstaining from meats ) etc ..

[I can say whatever terrible things they are trying to do to our country they are going about it legally.]
Of course they are ..they are legalists .

[However much you or I do not like them we are free to start our own groups also, but we are not free to impede on somebody else rights.]
True but these people are not only imposing but are also manipulating which is even worse ...

[This principle will keep this kind of group in check.]
So you think so eh ...well isnt that what our own Judicial System was supposed to do ...Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely)

Here are my questions to you
If they believe in the bible they would know that there will be no kingdom set up by any godly men in fact it is supposed to be the opposite (an Antichrist will come and a great falling away from God will occur and many will be decieved into believing a lie (That the Kingdom of God has come through men of Gov Church and State) >)
The kingdom of God will come THROUGH CHRIST (not through a form of Gov on earth ) in fact the Gov.s of this earth seek to DESTROY and KILL and get rid of Jesus Christ and his followers

Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Be right back ...I have to take movies back ..
Will finish up then ...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Are you questioning whether or not a man called Jesus with some good ideas about how to live existed, or Jesus, the supposed Son of God?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Ok Im back ..sorry

Here is what I wanted you to see
Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, [saying],
Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

What part would any Christian (one that supposedly serves the Lord Jesus)
want to play in something like that ?
That is what the future has in store for us >and it says pretty clearly THE KINGS OF THE EARTH ...(Governments)

Not a Godly Gov.First
But a ANTICHRIST one first (READ THE BIBLE you will know that )
Godly gov after the 7 years trib (not before) ..which has not happened yet ..
Only AFTER CHRIST COMES and then WITH him we will be running that Gov with him during the REAL MILLINIUM

Not this one the Dominionists are bringing on .
They are bringing on their own version of the Millinium .

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A snippet about the Noahides

[The formulation of a body of moral principles to govern mankind is currently the objective of a worldwide, multicultural and religio-political network that is working diligently to hasten mankind's return to the Natural Law. This many-faceted movement is demanding that entire nations submit to a set of principles variously termed the Noahide Laws, the Moral Law, Natural Law, Universal Law, etc. Such a movement would normally not concern Christians, who are required under most circumstances to obey the laws of those in governmental authority. However, this movement is not working exclusively outside the pale of Christianity, but has infiltrated and is using the Christian Church to establish its global governing apparatus.]
Read more at the link
www.watch.pair.com...

This is some of what we can expect in the coming One World Government.
There are many groups working in unison to bring this all about and they all tie in together perfectly forming a part of NWO.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wow

Once in a while I see truth and once in a while I hear it spoken.

What still captivates me is the one time any one being can ascertain truth.

If you truly doubt the "bible" then I might suggest a research of history of Egyptian Stone vs the hebrew written - in that you will find a common theme. And in that you will find Egyptian vs Hebrew translations that remain the same.

I dare not speak more...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
bare your soul - then bear witness...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I wanted to add this and show you how they (the Dominionist preachers and alot of the denominations are going along with )are being led like sheep to the slaughter without even knowing it themselves ....................

I am sure some of you have already seen this

[Feds Train Clergy To "Quell Dissent" During Martial Law
Shocking KSLA 12 news report confirms story we broke last year, Pastors to cite Romans 13 as reason for public to obey government orders, relinquish guns and be taken to camps during state of emergency]
www.infowars.com...
VIDEO AT LINK

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
appologies for my ignorance of grreek , BUT
do greek dictionries from thar time distinguish ??????????????

They didn't have dictionaries then.

The Greek word "tekton" at that time refered to a craftsman (who worked in some hard material.)

It does not just mean "carpenter".
Although there WERE carpenters at that time.

Iasion

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here is a good Greek Hebrew Concordance
www.blueletterbible.org...

Put in a word it will show you every verse that has that word in it .
Then you click on the verse and on the side (Left) you click the C (It is a blue square)If you click the K it will give you all reference verses related .
That brings you to the Strongs Concordance and also the Lexicon

Or put a word in here and it gives you the link and the strongs numbers
www.blueletterbible.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iasion

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
appologies for my ignorance of grreek , BUT
do greek dictionries from thar time distinguish ??????????????

They didn't have dictionaries then.

The Greek word "tekton" at that time refered to a craftsman (who worked in some hard material.)

It does not just mean "carpenter".
Although there WERE carpenters at that time.

Iasion

Strong's Greek Dictonary: tekton (tek'-tone)

from the base of timoria; an artificer (as producer of fabrics), i.e. (specially), a craftsman in wood

source

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

HI Simplynoone

I am deposed i suspect. I dont understand the term "Dominionist". I had thought I was learned in many religions but then when we feel "safe" another comes to barter.

Is it Man's never ending love of struggle or are we born or of it.

I find no faith in religion - It is a tool to manipulate the masses. Divide and conquer - a very old strategy still in use yet many are blind.,

If you will pls explain the term "Dominionist".

In ref to my Hebrew vs Egypt - study history - the bible is an excellent according of the history of the pharoahs.

Love an peace always

[edit on 9/7/08 by rezial666]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yup, like I said -
"tekton" means essentially "craftsman" ("artificer" is essentially the same.)

Yes,
It CAN refer to a carpenter, but it can refer to OTHER crafts - apparently even cloth (I didn't know that.)

Iasion

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Iasion]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rezial666

Dominion as in they are taking dominion of the earth NOW ..before Christ will.
They want to dominate the world .in there here and now ..create their own millinium without Christ basically .
You will have to do some reading in order to see how deep and wide it has become .

Sorry I cant be more helpful ..it is just that there are so many branches of this now I cant even keep up with them lol ...

I found a link that may help.... this link shows how New Agers and them are merging too .Can you say ONE WORLD RELIGION ...
["Dominionism teaches:
The Gospel of Salvation is achieved by setting up the "Kingdom of God" as a literal and physical kingdom to be "advanced" on Earth in the present age. Some dominionists liken the New Testament Kingdom to the Old Testament Israel in ways that justify taking up the sword, or other methods of punitive judgment, to war against enemies of their kingdom.

"Dominionists teach that men can be coerced or compelled to enter the kingdom. They assign to the Church duties and rights that belong Scripturally only to Jesus Christ. This includes the esoteric belief that believers can "incarnate" Christ and function as His body on Earth to establish His kingdom rule. An inordinate emphasis is placed on man's efforts; the doctrine of the sovereignty of God is diminished." Click here to read the rest of article, "Dominionism and the Rise of Christian Imperialism"]
It goes into detail at link
www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join