It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence Is Nothing But Hearsay

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sorry it sure sounded like complaining to me .
I wasnt asking why you defend your stance ..but why you choose mostly Christians to try and talk you out of it ? Thats what it seems like to me under the surface of your posts ..I even feel that in some of you ....(some not) but you I feel that about .
But Maybe I am wrong .

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhombus24
Please man, more than half the world agrees that Jesus did walk the earth, and that muhammed did and all the other 'prophets'.

So what?
Many people believe in Xenu - so what?

But anyway Jesus did in fact live,

You are welcome to beoieve that faithful belief.
If you want to convince sceptics, you'll have to actually produce EVIDENCE.

Yeah right, your gonna tell me that you actually expect to find a library of records of a man that lived 2000 years ago.

We DO have many records of people who lived 200 years ago.
If Jesus existed and was ANYTHING like the stories, he WOULD have been recorded.

Look this is pure atheist misinformation,

What is?
You haven't produced any argument yet.

Jesus was despised among Jews and most everyone, but there were many people he touched and that loved him.

Really?
Why is there no evidence then?

Are you kidding, the information was written by his apostles who SAW his death SAW his resurrection and LIVED WITH THE MAN from the time he started his ministry to the of his DEATH.

Wrong.
Modern NT scholarship agrees that NOT ONE of the NT books was written by ANYONE who EVER met Jesus.
Of course, believers are the last to know this.

And that entire statement pisses me off to no end, this man died, he put up absolutely no fight, was tortured to the edge of death and then nailed to a cross and left to suffacate to death on HIS own BLOOD three hours later.

Do you believe the stories about Hercules?
Why do you believe the stories about Jesus?

Iasion

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You shouldn't assume. I'm non-denominational. My walk with Jesus Christ is a personal one. All I need is Him and the Word.

You may not be in a denomination, but you believe something just as anyone else does. It is not for you to take away others beleifs or to say that your personal belief in God is better than someone elses. What I mean by this is that if someone claims that they believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and are therefor Christians, then it means exactly that.

An atheist is someone that believes there is no God
A Christian is someone that believes that Jesus Christ is Lord.

I know that every single Christian on the face of this planet loves the notion that they are the few, the proud, the followers of God. It doesn't matter. It's a belief.

If you want to make up another word for YOUR belief of what a Christian should be, then fine. It doesn't change the fact that 80% of Americans are labeled as Christian or believing in Christ.

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
And I wholeheartedly disagree that 'Catholics and Christians agree on the same core principles'.

Let me restate that.
You both believe that Jesus is the son of God.
You both believe the Bible is correct.
You have different INTERPRETATIONS of the Bible, but your core beliefs in God are the same. I know all about the differences, but at the core, it's similar.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Truth
Alot of people serve another Jesus.Not the personal one that I know and love .
Would you consider the New Agers as Christians ? They have another Jesus of which they serve .So does the Islamic religion ..And the Catholics believe in Jesus but their Mary is their co redeemer and super saviour.She (and the Pope) will get them through to GOD without even needing Jesus (NoT).
(I know all Catholics dont buy into the Mary stuff so I am not saying ALL believe that but most do )

What about alot of the Cults ....they believe in Jesus (United Pentecostal Church) Jim Jones etc etc.
Was that the same Jesus that they were serving ?Would you consider them real Christians ?

Maybe I should start calling myself a believer instead of Christian then because you sure put us all as one ..NOT FAIR to do BRO ..

2Cr 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iasion

Originally posted by Lilitu
But every police officer knows if he takes reports from two or more witnesses she will get two or more accounts of what happened. Fact is that eye witness accounts (or first-hand as you put it) are terribly unreliable.

We do not have ANY eye-witness reports.
We have supernatural stories from long afterwards which conflict.

If a policeman asks witnesses about an accident and hears :
* a truck smashed into a blue car in town
* a bicycle was stolen from the mine
* a red car caught fire and burned down a house
* a horse and carriage stopped and blocked traffic

Then he knows these stories do NOT tell an accurate account of one event.

That's what the Gospels are like - completely contradictory.

Iasion

Thanks but isn't that the point I was making? I used the terms "eye witness" because that is how the delusionaries have put it to me and others, that the followers of JeZeus were "eye witnesses" to the fables. Still comes down to the same thing. At best it is wholly unreliable hearsay and at worst it is a deliberate fabrication. Either way it is bull$#!7.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Riiight.

John, James (Jesus's half-brother), and Peter weren't eye-witnesses?

What about Daniel? He met Jesus in the furnace.

Paul? He met Christ on the road to Damascus personally.

Matthiew was an eyewitness to Jesus's ministry as well.

www.meridianmagazine.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Below are the words of Kutless...the youtube video link is above for your review...I appreciate the debate, but the words to this song sum up my heart...the greatest evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ is a changed lfe. My prayer is you meet one...

OT

====

Tell me something I don't already know
I know that you can't stand these things I'm preaching in the streets
But how can I contain the truth I hold inside
With all the hurting people that I see so I don't mind
Putting up with you, and all the things you say
I'm not about to stop or even change my ways

[CHORUS:]
There's nothing you can say
That will take me away from this life
There's nothing you can do
To shut me up when I'm speaking the truth

Into the bridge and ending last line:
(to shut me up, to shut me out when I'm speaking the truth)

You may not like all I have to say
But you can't prove that everything is filled with empty words
I know my life and inside how I've changed
A testimony to the truth I speak, so I don't mind
Putting up with you, and all the things you say
I'm not about to stop or even change my ways

[edit on 6-9-2008 by OldThinker]

[edit on 6-9-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Here's some more delusional info for you...

See link..

www.belowtopsecret.com...

OT

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Dear Athiests
Why do you have a problem with someone named Jesus if he didnt exist ?
If it is just a fairy tale to you then why do you care ?And spend so much time on it ?

It is very simple. I have no problem with your imaginary friend "JeZeus". No more than I would with "Tinkerbell" were someone delusionally obsessed with such an imaginary non-entity. Delusional christians however aren't satisfied with merely believing in such absurdities as talking snakes, people living in whale bellies for three days and praying to their imaginary friend (in a "language" they never learned according to some). They have to cram it down everyone else's throat, their Die Endlösung being global dominion. I and a great many others are not willing to go into the deadly dark age which will surely follow without a fight.

That is a highly condensed summary of my stance so as not to stray too far off topic.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

I have been trying to explain to yall since I have been here about the Dominionists www.religioustolerance.org... (Thanks for the link I used to have it but could not find it )
Yes they are CULT .(maybe even worse than that )...and they are HUGE ..and they are certainly up to no good .And the list is long on who believes like they do.
They are the EXTREME Christian RIGHT ....and they have eased into politics churchs businesses and pretty much taken over everything ..they do not believe like I do ..not in the way they are believing it ..They think they can take back the world for Christ and then he will come back .They are trying to take over in place of Christ ...that is my opinion ...

Please do not lump us all into one lump ..I will be sitting in the camps with the rest of you because they sure wont like me if I ever run across them ..

PS ..Most Christians that I know are a part of this and dont even realize it .
I read about this after I heard Bush say some things like "He is gonna kill every evil doer" and "Your either with me or against me " and then I put some things together about where he attends church ..plus his Skull and Bones link etc etc etc ..I didnt know until I read about it that they even existed....It blew me away ..But I sensed that it was TRUE ..it really scared me then ...Mainly because it sounds all good to someone who doesnt know the word very good ..and they bought into it all hook like and sinker ..

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yeah, same with bigfoot and UFO's what's your point?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
reply to post by rhombus24

LMAO

Please man, more than half the world agrees that Jesus did walk the earth, and that muhammed did and all the other 'prophets'. I am catholic but Im not a stupid cathlic, i know whats going on.

More than half the world agreed that the earth was flat when they didn't have the information to prove otherwise. I guess they were right though, huh?

You state that Jesus was despised and therefor would not have been written about. This makes no sense. Some of the most hated people in history have more written about them than the nice guys. If Jesus really was hated among Jews, then it would have sparked a controversy which would be viewable today. People would have written letters to other Churches saying "Do not follow this Jesus guy, he's a false prophet. He claims to be the son of God. What blasphemy. He also contradicts the sabath". People would write about him MORE, not less, if they hated him.

Again stupid desperate atheist arguments, what does the earth being falt have to do with that? NOTHING, just trying to make your opion better by some crazy logic..

And did Jesus not spark a controversy? ARE YOU GOING TO SAY THAT JESUS DID NOT SPARK A CONTROVERSY???!! Man oh man please.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
TruthParadox doesn't realize that the average Jew was ILLITERATE and couldn't write anything about Jesus Christ even if they WANTED to...

The Pharisees were the people in Jerusalem that could read and write, not the Jews. Oh wait, that Pharisees had plenty to write about Jesus.

Checkmate.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There was a great man who was held in the highest respect by the inhabitants of Jerusalem, named Jesus. He was an old man at 70 AD when the Romans besieged the City. He was regarded as a former High Priest. He was called Jesus, though that name does not appear in the list of High priests. The one person on that list who was not part of the Caiaphas clan that would have been High Priest in the correct period of time, was a Simeon. He was in for a period of one year, at the time that Pilot took office in Judea. Was Simeon a family name and his given name was Jesus? I think so.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Good thread! I have done or read the same research as most of what you posted. There is a lot of newer evidence that shows that; not all is well with the Bible and Christianity.

But...why all the hullabaloo for a man that you feel never existed? We do need to use common sense. The question we need to answer is; Why?

What purpose did Jesus fulfill? It is obvious to many of us that he did not create Christianity. So, supposing there was a conspiracy by the Gods to set the Bible and Christianity up, along with all religions, to... fail?

By not thinking that Jesus actually lived, we could be leaving out a huge component to a well planned out scheme, behind the Biblical story!

Think on it! Keep questioning!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Dear Athiests
Why do you have a problem with someone named Jesus if he didnt exist ?
If it is just a fairy tale to you then why do you care ?And spend so much time on it ?

my problem is that some people demand ` accept jesus ` or face perescution upto and including murder

i also have an ewqualy large problem with people who demand renounce jesus or pace perescution upto and including murder

my brand of atheism requires fredom of AND from religion - and i participate in these tgreads because i want people to know that the propaganda of christianity is flawed

equally - atheist propagand is sadly also delusional lies from time to time

deny ignorance anyone ?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iasion

appologies for my ignorance of grreek , BUT

do greek dictionries from thar time distinguish ??????????????

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I have been trying to explain to yall since I have been here about the Dominionists www.religioustolerance.org... (Thanks for the link I used to have it but could not find it )
Yes they are CULT .(maybe even worse than that )...and they are HUGE ..and they are certainly up to no good .And the list is long on who believes like they do.

Ah yes. The old tired worn-out "They aren't true christians" placation. Muslims resort to much the same feeble excuse to denounce terrorists.

Fact is that any religion or religious sect when given too much power takes the same despotic course as history has shown many times over. I center my attention on christianity because at this time it represents a more grave and emergent threat to democracy, human rights and world peace than any other religion including Islam.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Lilitu]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
[Ah yes. The old tired worn-out "They aren't true christians" placation. Muslims resort to much the same feeble excuse to denounce terrorists.]
Do you agree that not all Muslims are terrorists ?
There are different SECTS in every religion and there are EXTREMISTS in all of them ...You should not lump all into one bunch ..it is like saying that all blacks are poor and all whites are rich ...Which is BS and you know it ...

[Fact is that any religion or religious sect when given too much power takes the same despotic course as history has shown many times over. I center my attention on christianity because at this time it represents a more grave and emergent threat to democracy, human rights and world peace than any other religion including Islam.]

I agree with the first part of what you said ...
As to your second part.....
Why not say some SECTS in Christianity are bad ..not ALL ...
That is lumping all into one ..
Which is BS and not fair .

I DONT GO TO ANY CHURCH and I DO NOT BELONG TO ANY GROUP .
But I am a Christian ...there are many of us Christians who do not agree with nor associate with any such SECT .....and then there are also lots of Christians who just sit up in some of these sects totally oblivious as to what they are doing and why ..Lumping everyone together is NOT RIGHT and you know it .

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ah yes. The old tired worn-out "They aren't true christians" placation. Muslims resort to much the same feeble excuse to denounce terrorists.

I didn't see anybody excusing the "domionists". I though cult was a fair label according to the reports I read.

And doesn't the story go something like "Palins husband knows somebody who goes to church with somebody else who knows somebody that also goes to this "dominionist" church?"

Fact is that any religion or religious sect when given too much power takes the same despotic course as history has shown many times over. I center my attention on christianity because at this time it represents a more grave and emergent threat to democracy, human rights and world peace than any other religion including Islam.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Lilitu]

Fact?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join