It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comcast Announces A Cap On Internet Use - Is This The End Of Unlimited Internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Comcast Announces A Cap On Internet Use - Is This The End Of Unlimited Internet?

Now that Comcast has announced a hard cap on internet usage, is it time to face the reality that the era of the "unlimited internet" is about to end?:

www.abcnews.go.com...

Are we close to the end of the free unlimited internet era? Are fundamental changes to our beloved internet on the horizon? When you really examine the facts, the future of the internet doesn't look good.

10 Reasons The Death Of Unlimited Internet Usage Is Coming:

shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
already been discussed here but,

i used to have satilite internet and they had my cap wayyyy lower than Comcast's

comcast is giving like 250gigs a month,

i was lucky to get 30gigs on my satilite

the satilite system in theory could give me 500gigs +++
but they capped it super low and so seriously the comcast cap is fine and it wont end internet usage LOL

they arent talking about DSL either they were talking about Cable where entire communitys have to share the same pipe but some crazy fools will kill their connection by uploading 1000s of things at once

if your a gamer you would know 250 gigs is freaking huge for a month of time

they were telling the truth only 1% of customers will be affected

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We have had it inaustralia for years. Welcome to the other side. It's honestly not that bad it just means people who have torrents going 24/7 will have they're internet shaped to 64 kbps till the end of the month.

It's not really a big deal.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We have had it inaustralia for years. Welcome to the other side. It's honestly not that bad it just means people who have torrents going 24/7 will have they're internet shaped to 64 kbps till the end of the month.

It's not really a big deal.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
do you download 300gigs a month? if so, im sure you could pay comcast for a super package of some sort...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is not about, Hey, it's ok they can cap it you won't use 250 gigs a month anyways. Its another freedom that is being taken away. If I pay for the service I expect to get it, with no caps or anything. Whether you download 1 gig a month or 500 gigs a month, the cost is the same if you are regulated to a certain downstream speed. These corporations are being given far too much power along with the government. I don't use comcast I have fiber internet with AT&T. If they attempt this "cap" I will boycott them.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
good for you... if the corporations take freedoms away from you take your money away from them!

top topics

join