It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tachyon-like particles and ghosts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I have had a theory on ghosts for quite sometime. It may take a few drinks to understand...but anyway...

I believe that ghost are nothing but projections from the past. I know, it sounds like I'm making a stupid claim but not in the way you are thinking. I do not believe that ghost are sentient. They aren't coming to tell you good bye. They are not coming back to piss you off. They are not here to scare you. They are just here. But how did they get here?

Well, first off, most pictures that have orbs, ectoplasm, or vortecies, the person who took the picture only had a feeling to snap off a shot. They didn't see anything, it was just a gut feeling to point the camera and click. They have no idea what will pop up in their shots.

To accept my theory, you would also have to believe in tachyons or at least particles like it. Now, I am not discrediting ghosts, but I do not believe that there are evil beings that are just spooking us. No, my belief is that they are projections of the past.

You see, I think there are "light" particles that bounce off of us that move faster than light. Actually, I belive there are quite a bit of light particles that bounce off of us that are faster than light. None of these are visible by the naked eye stand alone, of course. Also, I believe that these "light" particles move at the same speed but can only be captured at certain intervals of time. IE they only appear at certain intervals or wavelengths. Say there is particle a, b, and c. All these move at the same speed and you can only see the object that the particles reflect when all three are present. A is only there once every three second. B is only there every four seconds and C is only there every six seconds. The object can only be seen once every twelve seconds. But, when dealing with the paranormal, it is dealing with an enormous amount of particles at much odder wavelengths. Now, at certain intervals of time these particles of light may appear near the same time and then you have proof on your picture of these ghosts. Now, their frequency varies, therefore having more or less frequently appearing ghosts. (Like the world famous ghosts)

Another thing with this theory, there would have to be a certain percantage of these particles to be present to appear as anything. Orbs would have a minimal amount to appear. Ectoplasm and vortecies would have to have a fair amount to appear. To have something to look humanoid would take an incredible amount of these particles to form. In fact, it would be such a precise moment of math and science that I would call it a miracle to have a snap shot of one.

Also, this may also explain us seeing something out of the corner of your eye. Just some of my thoughts on ghosts and their existence.

[Edited on 3/19/2004 by OXmanK]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I believe more in this specific theory over any other one I've read. The only remaining "what" is when figures, life-forms and such appear.

The main reason is when these particals appear and one person or life-form is on ones mind. Therefore... you'd get Grandpa sitting in the chair in the corner.

However, there are those who do not expect such an occurance... or when the particals do not appear at the time of which one sees the figure, or object.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
I believe that ghost are nothing but projections from the past. I know, it sounds like I'm making a stupid claim but not in the way you are thinking. I do not believe that ghost are sentient. They aren't coming to tell you good bye. They are not coming back to piss you off. They are not here to scare you. They are just here.

so it is just risidual (is that spelled right?) energy, left from when people were alive?

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Yes...they have no cognitive thinking. They are just playing out what they were doing at that time...like a lost radio wave that gets bounced back to a radio. It causes static and an alternate reality if you will.

top topics

join