It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Am I the only one who has been noticing the over sensitive and self - righteous attitude on ATS as of late?

There has been several threads lately that have made me sick to my stomach as I read post after post of garbage. I LOVE ATS. It seems lately though, people are jumping down each others throats and being rude to one another. I even saw a thread where someone asked if anyone out there had significant proof of Alex Jones being a fraud or any evidence stating the contrary. The responses were rude and condescending. That thread is one of the main reasons I started this one.

I read posts everyday where the poster is condescending and/or rude.

ATS is one of the best things about the internet IMO.

I personally think a lot of ATS members (no names) need to go out and get laid for once. Sorry if I offend anyone but it is definitely true in a lot of cases.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here at ATS, I thought we were "above" certain ignorance and the average bickering that goes on in social circles.

I'm starting to think I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think you have a very good point here. Some of the threads and responses are really tasteless. Since I have been a member, this is one of the only sites I am on anymore. And I def. see a lot of what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's unfortunate because there are a lot of thought-provoking informative threads/posts on here. It just saddens me to see immature and ignorant behavior among such greatness.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Any thread that poses questions that bring up emotional responses can expect to receive them. A persons beliefs or assumptions being challenged can be expected to bring back emotional responses especially in those who are not used to debate or challange on those subjects.

It is just human nature. ATS members are not above human nature are they?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Im not implying that ATS members are above human nature. But I thought the theme of this whole thing was to deny ignorance.

And lately I have seen A LOT of rude and ignorant responses to posts that really go beyond that of human nature.

I think some members need to get out more. :w:

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Societalgnorance]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think your signature says it all.

There is also something to be said for a person's depth of character. Unfortunately most people are very shallow, so their understanding of themselves and other people is very limited. Naturally the lack of insight is expressed in their surface calls.

Easier said then done, but don't let these people get under your skin... they are only ignorant after all... which could be due to any one of many factors; immaturity, ADD, laziness, inflated ego, self-absorption, sheltered upbringing

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I totally agree

One big example is that I am a bit pissed off about people who complain about Putin's KGB past.

Don't they know anything about the past of daddy Bush? :bnghd:

Why do people don't want to do effort to investigate both sides?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think it may have something to do with the ego/pride that is center to the jingoistic stance of most "patriotic" americans. A blind eye to one's own misdeeds and it's easier to point the finger at someone elses.

...also keep in mind, most arrogance is rooted in ignorance... so the less people know about themselves and others, usually the more hypocritical and arrogant their position is in relationship to others.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So glad you made this thread. I was just asking a staff member about this the other day because things have appeared to have gotten a lot more hostile over the last month. Is there something in the air? Perhaps the seasonal change from the carefree summer to the bleak autumn is putting everyone into an overly irritable mood? This is my first summer-to-autumn seasonal change on ATS so I don't know what it has been like in the past but it seems like for the most part, things have been so nice and easy going for months then all of a sudden I noticed a dramatic shift in a lot of people's behaviors.

Things were great for so long but it's like now I cannot discuss anything in any thread recently without getting dog piled by nonsense and rudeness. What's up, people of ATS? lol

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm new as well.
My guess would be that ATS is an accurate micro of the macro.

With the;

- financial crisis ballooning and all of the scandal attached to it

- smear campaigns in full swing with the debates and election around the corner

- anniversary of 911 passing with even more bogus disinfo confirmed and revealed

...there is plenty of reason to be frustrated... especially when most people don't really know what is going on and in a desperate attempt to cling to something they buy into all of the garbage they are spoon feed. Then when you try give them an education they spit in your face... which only escalates the drama.

Considering how all of these current issues make people feel stressed and helpless... and with ATS being a place to "deny ignorance", the search for real answers is at an all time high and as a result the information war reaches new heights.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by The All Seeing I]

top topics

join