It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Pushes For More Police Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Bush Pushes For More Police Power

www.cantonrep.com

In his last months, President Bush is working to ensure that his successor will have the greatly expanded power of the executive branch — unprecedented in American history — that Bush instituted after 9/11. His chief enabler in this ever-increasing surveillance of American citizens is Attorney General Michael Mukasey.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy and ranking minority member Arlen Specter are aware of Mukasey's plan for new FBI guidelines that could begin national security and criminal investigations of racial and ethnic groups without any evidence of wrongdoing. They have asked Mukasey to delay implementation until Congress can review the changes. Mukasey agreed but wants the expanded surveillance to begin Oct. 1.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why doesn't the Decider just get it over with already and come out and say that the Constitution has been canceled, and people are now to be obedient sheeples under the New Fascist, Totalitariansm Police State?

I mean what these guys are up to is so obvious anymore that there's no sense in even TRYING to hide it. Just look all around us. Look at these Gestapo "conventions". Look at the mass arrests and treatment of protesters and media that TRIES to investigate these criminals. It's no longer even a question about what has happened here...

The Fourth Amendment, contrary to Bush and Mukasey, mandates that state and local police and the FBI "particularly describe the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized" before an American can be entered into a database without probable cause of criminal activity.

If Bush and Mukasey succeed, state and local police and the FBI will increase their infiltration into organizations that object to administration policies as well as keep an unsleeping eye on various individuals with suspicious traits.

www.cantonrep.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Why doesn't the Decider just get it over with already and come out and say that the Constitution has been canceled, and people are now to be obedient sheeples under the New Fascist, Totalitariansm Police State?

I mean what these guys are up to is so obvious anymore that there's no sense in even TRYING to hide it.

I honestly don't think they are trying to hide it anymore. Bush flaunts it at us every time he shows his smug little face on TV. Sometimes I just want to reach through the tele and give his ears a good flicking just to see if I can wipe the smug grin off his face.

I think it's gotten to the point where we know, they know we know and they don't care because they are now too powerful.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Actually, I think we're already seeing it as pointed out in some of the posts I've seen on ATS lately regarding the "search and seizure" of several houses at both of the convention sites with warrants looking for boxes,and glass jars, and rags.....
Sorry if this is vague, I'm just feeling overwhelmed by some of the things I've seen lately. Time to take a break and regroup.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Gas masks and tear gas at a peacefull rally?????????????????

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
And then there are the idiots who wonder why I hate cops.

Don't bother waking up now people, your cattle car is already on the rails.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Mukasey's plan for new FBI guidelines that could begin national security and criminal investigations of racial and ethnic groups without any evidence of wrongdoing.

Wow, tack on a "the Jews are our enemy" and you've got late 1930's Germany.

... err, wait... Muslims.

Wow, history really does repeat itself.
I wonder what the new Nazi symbol will be, cause the swastika is so last century.

... ooh! How long before we get to watch Bush commit suicide and wind up in a ditch covered in petrol on CNN? Might as well do it by the book right?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article:

wcco.com...

A few quotes from it:

"The arrests on Tuesday came a day after violence erupted following a largely peaceful anti-war march by some 10,000 people. Afterward, police blamed a splinter group of about 200 for harassing delegates, smashing windows, puncturing car tires, throwing bottles and starting at least one fire."

"The RNC Welcoming Committee, a self-described anarchist group that has worked for months planning convention disruptions, claimed success in e-mails to its members and media. "The spectacle has been crashed!" read one.

It said the organizers' discussions included talk of blocking traffic; attacking police with Molotov cocktails, sharpened poles and shields; using marbles or ball bearings to trip police horses and people; using liquid sprayers filled with urine or chemicals; sabotaging the Xcel Energy Center and the St. Paul Downtown Airport; and even kidnapping delegates.

The committee traveled to or communicated with "anarchist affinity groups" in 67 cities and hosted two major meetings -- attended by 150 to 200 people, and more than 100 people respectively -- to develop plans for disrupting the GOP convention, the document alleged. The committee also hosted an "action camp" July 31-Aug. 1 in Lake Geneva, Minn., to teach "direct action techniques" to other groups from across the country, including the use of Molotov cocktails and techniques for blocking traffic."

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I love this signature:
Your freedom today was secured by men that violated human rights in the past. Deal with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ghandi knew how to deal with these people. Too bad we can't.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
I love this signature:
Your freedom today was secured by men that violated human rights in the past. Deal with it.

Yeah. Ain't it cool?

Wait, that's a one line post. These aren't the droids you're looking for!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Jack Nicholson as LT. Col. Jessup says it realistically and best:

Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

www.fiftiesweb.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Ummm, the funny part about that little quote is that this has nothing to do with "fighting for freedoms", but has everything to do with taking them away and turning the states into a Fascist Police state, which has become glaringly apparent over the past few years.

Nice try though.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Bush isn't the only one pushing for more "police power"!

I can hear the coming of the "police state", I believe I can even hear it clanking down the road right now!

The police want more power too! That is "FIRE" power!

S.C. Sheriff's Department Armored Vehicle with Belt-Fed Machine Gun

The Richland County (S.C.) Sheriff's Department has acquired an armored personnel carrier complete with a turret-mounted .50-caliber belt-fed machine gun for its Special Response Team.
*****SKIP*****
"We don't look at this as a killing machine," Lott told the paper. "It's going to keep the peace. We hope the fact that we have this is going to save lives. When something like this rolls up, it's time to give up."

Looking at that picture, would you think you were looking at a police unit or military unit?

South Carolina Sheriff Buys Tank to Conduct Raids

Don't even think about running an illegal bingo game in Richland County, South Carolina.

The Richland County, South Carolina Sheriff's Department (that's them above) just obtained an armored personnel carrier, complete with a belt-fed, .50-cal turreted machine gun. Sheriff Leon Lott has charmingly named the vehicle "The Peacemaker," and insists that using a caliber of ammunition that even the U.S. military is reluctant to use against human targets (it's generally reserved for use against armored vehicles) will "save lives."

Now the police feel they need a 50 cal. machine gun to help them enforce the law on their own countrymen.

Police work is usually done in close proximities and usually they are after one or two people together who broke a law. That is not the setting that a .50 caliber belt fed machine gun was designed to be used for.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A 50 cal turret on an APC, for policing purposes?

ARE THEY MAD?!

Since when did the citizens of your country become a massive invading force?

What can you possibly do with that thing?, other than mow an entire crowd down, discovering a new way to make chunky tomato soup.

Whats next? Riot police calling in napalm close air support?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
And the american sheeple will look the other way and deny he is trying to turn the USA into a police state.

The revolution better be on its way I cannot handle this crap anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackintheboxAnd then there are the idiots who wonder why I hate cops.

Don't bother waking up now people, your cattle car is already on the rails.

Are you kidding? I am not saying this is a good thing, but to say you hate cops is an unfair generalization. They are humans and your hatred of them will only continue to fuel their hatred of us.

Great use of intelligence people.
You are only playing into other ppl's games and in the end, this attitude is no better than the attitude you assume they all have. Best advice I can give to anyone is to keep a level head and use your reasoning abilities. They will serve you well during these times.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Are you kidding? I am not saying this is a good thing, but to say you hate cops is an unfair generalization. They are humans and your hatred of them will only continue to fuel their hatred of us.

Well, I suppose there were some "good" Nazis too.

Yeah right. F the police. They can all kiss my entire "hee-haw."

"Continue to fuel their hatred of us"??? Are you kidding me?! They are our employees!

Get your head out of your donkey and wake up. Or not. Your cattle car reservations are now confirmed.

new topics

join