It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia airfields earmarked for war on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Georgia airfields earmarked for war on Iran

www.presstv.ir

Georgia permitted Israel to use two military airfields for 'a potential pre-emptive strike' against Iranian nuclear sites, a report says.

The revelation came after Georgia's offensive into South Ossetia in early August prompted Russia to march its Special Forces into the region, United Press International reported.

Russian Special Forces raided the airfields - in addition to other Israeli facilities in southern Georgia -, where Israeli drones were captured.

According to the report, Israel had used the airfields to 'conduct recon flights over southern Russia, as well as into nearby Iran'.

"A secret agreement between Georgia and Israel had earmarked two military airfields in the south of Georgia for use by Israeli fighter-bombers in a potential pre-emptive strike against Iran," read the report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The plot thickens as a new report states that Israel was allegedly going to use Georgian bases to atack Iran.

This is despite the fat that the russians are heavily involved in helping to build nuclear power plants in Iran and after a recent UN report stated that "Iran enriches uranium-235 to a level of 3.7 percent - a rate consistent with the construction of a nuclear power plant. Nuclear arms production requires an enrichment level of above 90 percent. "

It looks increasingly as though Georgia suffered from delusions of grandeur thanks to it's deal with Israel, and vicariously the US, Isreals closest ally and backer.

The report also says that Israel had conducted recon flights over southern Russia, and the question is, for what purpose?

I really do think that this has Cheney's grubby pawmarks all over it, and that things will get worse before they get better as the power crazed war monkeys in the whitehouse seem determined to bring the world to the brink of war, and perhaps beyond - maybe with the objective of staying in office as has been mentioned many times before on ATS.

Look for something to kick off in the next month or two, if it's going to happen, that will enable a national emergency and bush staying "in power" for at least a little while longer.

The major problem is that so many people are conditioned by this administration and the MSM that they will actually believe what they are being told.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Do you really bielive this? Israeli drones in Georgia? Or Georgian Israeli-manifactured ones....
I can see Israeli master plan - bring drones to attack Iran and open war on Russia so that Russians could capture them and Iranians will see this and relax and then Israel would strike form India - that also bought drones form Israel. Guys from presstv - post with my copyright!
Propaganda is propaganda is propaganda. Does not metter what side uses it. And it awkward when one is constantly fighting ones propaganda and then bielives other one completely. Strategical recon over Russia by Israelis.... With drones.... And those were not downed... But in Georgia the same drones were downed. Osetian SAM better then Russian?
But Israel plans to strike Iran!!!??? Through Russia?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ungh... more battle plans... but nobody has yet to give a solid answer as to WHY they want to attack Iran.

It's a beautiful country... and they've never invaded a neighboring country. (Unless you go back to the medieval times, and the era of kingdoms)

This is ludicrous!
They "May or may not be interested in developing nuclear weapons"... EVERYONE "may or may not" be doing that... but I can point out one country which DOES manufacture WMD's and is proud of it, the United States.

What has Iran done? Seriously, what have they done that justifies sending a military in and killing them?! WHAT?!

This is totally unjustified. Has Israel gone completely insane?!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Calm down people their only drones! Hell even us Canadians have drones. Hey maybe while you guys are busy in Iraq and your economy is in ruins we will invade with our drones and canoes, and rule the world (insert pyshcotic laugh) hahaha.

But seriously there can only be bad things from military equipment, so either way there is a concern. I don't believe Isreal and who ever else will only make a quick strike at Iran, they know it will need to be a full out attack. Therefore using the drones for their attack doesn't seem likely, now tactical nuclear weapons seems more plausible. Fired by a pilot that is more reliable than a drone to get the job done properly. Just my opionion, not that is matters.lol.

Love and Light

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

From the OP:
"A secret agreement between Georgia and Israel had earmarked two military airfields in the south of Georgia for use by Israeli fighter-bombers in a potential pre-emptive strike against Iran," read the report.

So according to the report, the fields had been earmarked for use in an agreement between georgia and Israel - with georgia thinking they had credible backers, that may have lead them to think the russians wouldn't retaliate over SO.

Silly people
(the georgians, israelis etc etc)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Silly people (the georgians, israelis etc etc)

Yup. If Georgians considered that Israeli drones will drive off the whole Russian army - they are very silly. And if they considered that Iran is not going to retaliate after Israeli attack from Georgian territory - even more silly. And Israelis who planned all this without seeing the cosequences - also very very silly.

But wait, maybe only those who wrote the original article are silly. Or desinforming.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

The article came from UPI - United Press International.

I wouldn't really expect it to be in the western MSM.

BTW, did you even read the OP?
It said nothing about drones driving off the russian army, and neither did I.

Care to add something of substance?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
(DIRECTOR):But in the movie, russia's attack against nato is what prompts the nuclear holocaust. Putin seems to be acting okay what's wrong with the others. Now, in order for the u.s. to attack russia, the nato attack has got to look convincing. This action by israel must look like their part of nato peacekeeping. WORLD DEAD(The final chapter), let's get it right! people.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by rightwingnut]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
the original report is on united press international, which requires you sign up to view it. i've been reading what i believe to be the report refered to in the op on the cached version, and it mentions this secret agreement, but it doesn't elaborate on it. it talks a lot about isreal and georgias military links though, interesting stuff.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by pieman]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
More proof , that Israel and Georgia are ruled by insane leaders hellbent on causing war ...

the only nation that can smash Israel to the Ground is Russia and I hope that Russia destroys the war criminal Israeli govt , that regularly murders Palestinians and practices Apartheid on them ...

as Israel dared to provoke Russia by helping Georgia murder Russian ossetian civilain , Russia must respond with full force to crush the Zionist Snake Israel , so that Israel and the west be taught a lesson

[edit on 3-9-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I hope that by "adding something of substance" you do not mean - adding something that you will agree with. The whole issue will be pointless then.

So according to the report, the fields had been earmarked for use in an agreement between Georgia and Israel - with Georgia thinking they had credible backers, that may have lead them to think the Russians wouldn't retaliate over SO.

You stated that Georgia attacked in South Osetia because they felt that Israel was backing them. Since my irony went by (coldly) unnoticed i will be more pedantic in this thread.
Russian federation will not attack because of Israel? Kind of different weight categories. What exactly Israel have that can influence decisions of current Russian leadership? And as for forces on the ground - even if there were Israeli-operated drones in the area who will count on its deterrence value exactly?
You probably not aware (was published in Western media) that Israel refused to sell tanks and other "heavy" systems to Georgia. After Russians asked nicely (or to be more precise after s-300 systems and Iran reports appeared suddenly).
If one will trust the picture that this article is trying to present - Israel is bullying Russia all the way while trying to attack Iran. Have you heard any Israeli politician saying something about recent Russian-Georgian war? US did,EU did. Official Israel, despite its warm relationship with Georgia, is silent. But Israeli drones above south Russia.... Right.
Israel is regional power. Russia is one of a world superpowers.
By the way - Georgia is doing the same with Israel-Iran situation. They are silent. Reason is the same - Iran is regional power. Georgia is not close to that. All the warm relations worth nothing when national interests are at stake.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
manson, you scream a lot, your blood pressure must be sky high. read the cashed piece from international media, crazy amounts of proof in it.

i should probably edit my last post but i've re-read the original report and a few things stand out that didn't before. in order of appearance.....

the apparently secret agreement mentioned in the op doesn't have a cited reference, however i've done some scouring and it seems to be mentioned in the same breath as russian intel. i don't know how reliable the suggestion is.

the report claims the georgian defence minister, Davit Kezerashvili, is an ex-isreali and another minister, Temur Yakobashvili, is jewish !! i know saakashvili studied in the US but i wonder how many other people in their government are linked to the US/Isrealli family tree.

the only other thing that struck me was that if the isrealis were supplying arms to the georgians its not exactly evidence that the isrealis were involved directly when the find isreali drones in georgia.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What in the schmuck is going on here, NOT good!

The one thing i don't get if the article is acurate is why does Isreal need to be in georgia if all they need to do is fly over Iraq, it seems almost just as far plus they have the US in Iraq anyways?

Manson_ Do you care to chime in on this whithout bashing the US, give us your real thoughts and stop yelling.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
then men who make wars dont fight them..only the poor go off to die while the rich sit back ...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't see how this is even a good battle plan on behalf of the Israelis...but whatever. I hope nothing happens, but I have a feeling with all of the reports coming out, that Israel will be doing something in the wake of Iran soon.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 38181

They can't fly over Iraq, someone left Syria in the way.

Georgia would make an excellent launch point for the Israelis to attack Iran from. If only they could figure out some way to get a big assed US warship bristling with missiles into the Black Sea, that would give them the perfect backup.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This does seem to have Cheney's signature all over it.......sorry about the one liner

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Come on! Map is invented for thousands of years....
Israeli planes can fly to Iran via Jordan-Iraq. In order to get to Georgia from Israel indeed the shortest route is via Syria and Turkey. Or simply Turkey (longer path) - but they will never agree.
Jordan/Iraq on the other hand.... Or simply fly over Saudi Arabia who fears Iranian nuke just as Israel does.
By the way - Georgia does not have border with Iran. So if there were Israeli plans to use Georgian airfields - Armenia or Azerbaijan should be involved too.

top topics

join