It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 little known facts about America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

Perhaps you can contribute to this thread by actually sharing what you discovered? I would be interested in reading it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Some truth, some lies. It is easy to hide a lie in the middle of the truth....more to come.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I'm not being a snob, it's just that these claims have no validity. The sources are just bills and cases slapped on to make you think they're real. Look up one of these, just one, and see if it has anything to do with the claim it supposedly justifies.

Example:

7) Social Security Numbers are issued by the UN through the IMF. The application for a Social Security # is the SS5 form. The Dep't of the Treasury (IMF) issues the SS5 forms do not state who publishes them while the old form states they are Department of the Treasury
(20 CFR Chap. 111 Subpart B 422.103 (b))

That source is a paper published by the Council on Foreign Relations. While being influential and suspicious, the CFR does not justify a claim that the Social Security System is orchestrated by the UN.

I'd also like to point out that this same list has been posted and disproved on countless other sites.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by avingard]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I am not being a snob either :p

I was just reminding you that this is a discussion forum, and many ATS readers would get a lot more out of your post if it actually included your findings

You could redirect me to research it, or you could share what you have already researched for the ATS community.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thanks for the updates on your previous post. Although I would still like to see that point (IMF vs. UN) elaborated on, from your or other members.

I am neutral on these 'facts', just an interested reader..

Also, I read on ATS a lot more then other relevant sites

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Number 29 from the list

29) Everything in the "United States" is up For Sale: bridges, roads, water, schools, hospitals, prisons, airports, etc, etc... Did anybody take time to check who bought Klamath Lake?? (Executive Order 12803)

The people of Oregon own Klamath Lake. What's the point?
cached google source

Q. Who owns the beds and banks of Upper Klamath Lake and Agency Lakes? A. The people of Oregon own the submerged and submersible land of these lakes up to the line of ordinary high water (4,141 feet mean sea level (MSL)). The Department of State Lands (DSL) manages these lands pursuant to the statutes (ORS 274) and Administrative Rules (OAR 141-082) which govern the management of state-owned submerged and submersible lands.

exec order

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Tuebor]

ewwww
here's the same list (40) at another dubious site

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Star and flagged.

I've seen this before and read about it in books as well.
Well, I guess I don't have to pay taxes...

The ones that I like the most are that U.S. is owned by Britain and the later is owned by the Vatican, there for the Pope owns the planet.... I think I'm not running for president anymore, I'm running to be a pope.

Now, what are the requirements to be a pope?

Be from another planet?
Reptilian, maybe?
Aaahhh, and be like 1000 year old!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
21 officially suppressed or publically unknown facts:

Way more exciting and unknown.

30 facts we can't do anything about and 21 wild ideas that prove
the Illuminati are doing it to us over and over again.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
And another source that dates back to 2004 contains these very same "facts" and ten more: Forty Statements that might surprise you.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

19) Britain is owned by the Vatican.
(Treaty of 1213)

en.wikipedia.org...

Nope, that does not work as King Henry VIII of England broke the links between the Vatican and England when he created the Church of England.

en.wikipedia.org...

So the Vatican has not had much power over Britain for well over 400 years since they have been restricting Catholicism and it's influence there.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is a very impressive post. I have know for some time that we are not free people and that we don't own anything, but to see it in writing is impressive.

In a world that claims we have freedom it never ceases to amaze me at what we don't know. Freedom like love is an illusion. Now in BC, Canada, we have a carbon tax, meaning, we are paying for the very air we breath. The only think I can figure we are free to do is feel, and that is very limited by how we use our feelings. We tend to give up ownership of our feelings all the time.

I would like to believe we have the right to think what we want to. And at the surface this is true, if one looks deeper even our thoughts are controlled and owned. Either through some organization or medicine, or something. What do we own that is our own, well honestly, not a damn thing.

What a wonderful world we live in. If you have checked into the cost of a funeral it even costs us to die. There is no solution to this problem because judgment will never end for the people of the world. As long as there is judgment there will be no freedom. As long as one person in the world is judged by someone else then there is no freedom for anyone.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I kinda see us replacing Iran for that bombing.
(one liner ftw...?)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Last I checked, I didn't have to abide by the "papal bulls". Maybe I'm misinformed...?

Also...#21. The only thing IRS Publication 6209 says about the United Kingdom is this:

Form 3206 - Information Statement by United Kingdom Witholding Agents Paying Dividends from United States Corporations to Residents of the US and certain Treating Countries.

IRS Publication 6209

I found no mention of tributes.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by BRQuick]

[edit on 4-9-2008 by BRQuick]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I found an interesting link that covers some of these "facts".

Gross Errors

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Now, if these 30 little known facts about America might surprise someone and shock other, they are really not something new to me. But I have to say, that these VERY little known "facts" are far more interesting. I would definetly say, that we do not know anything about history, apart from the fact, that it is a lie we all have to agree on (as Napoleon said). And we all know, what a lie WWII actually was, and who financed all sides and who really made profit out of it. So, when having that in mind, all these 21 points are not so hard to belive anymore.

Great Find!

This is the original ABOVE TOP SECRET material!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
"16) The King of England financially backed both sides of the Revolutionary War.
(Treaty of Versailles- July 16, 1782
Treaty of Peace 8 Stat 80) "

This is inaccurate.
The Rothschild international banking cartel formed in the 1770s in London, England financed both sides of not only the Revolutionary War but BOTH sides of every war America has ever fought. Research and know the truth. Then act accordingly.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Nice thread!!

Stock certificate.

Birth certificate.

Same thing.

We are traded as stock (like cattle) on a daily basis.

Thanks for bringing this subject to light.

Time for a revolution?

I think so.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The idea that America is still a British colony has been mentioned before.
The Revolutionary War was fought and concluded when Cornwallis surrendered to Washington at Yorktown. Americans have been taught that they defeated the king and won their freedom. The Treaty of 1783, totally contradicts their having won the Revolutionary War. This Treaty was signed in 1783, the war was over in 1781. If the United States defeated England, how is the king granting rights to America, when they, supposedly, were now his equal in status? America supposedly defeated him in the Revolutionary War! So why would these supposed patriot Americans sign such a Treaty, when they knew that this would void any sovereignty gained by the Declaration of Independence and the Revolutionary War?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18

Originally posted by communicator
huh... do you really believe these are correct??

we always blame US but have you seen the state of third world countries... life is very systematic in developed countries... go see some yourself...

I'm not sure if they are correct, I want to see if anyone shows they are false or if they are correct.

no offense to the op but the thread header is misleading.

you said you have no idea if these are correct and FACT.

very very misleading with a underlying agenda.

fact is known to be 100% true..
this is more like "i don't know"

big difference.

but still info to look at.

but header should be changed.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So our choice is to be worried that our entire existance is an illusion and we are all slaves to the elite, or we can go on like we have been and be happy. Have I got that right or am I missing something?
Since I am chosing to remain a misguided slave, I wrongly believe I have the freedom to be happy and try to enjoy as much of this earth as I can before the inevitable death of the carbon based life form my soul resides in at this moment. I will however, respect the opinions of others as they might be right and I may be wrong.

One of my favorite sayings is "Beer, proof that God wants us to be happy"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join