It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republic Vs Monarchy

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
lately some people started to push the idea of "monarchy" for Romania.

Before communism , Romania was a monarchy with the king imposed from the European Powers - a king from the Hohenzollern germanic clan.

Now, after the communism is dead I see more and more pressure to bring back the Hohenzollern king (he is in his 80s now)

just for my curiosity , I would like to know what do you think about the Monarchy as a form of government, and why for example other forms of governments can be superior - in this case -

republic vs monarchy.

conspiracy arguments also welcomed.
regards,
STY

ps: maybe if both forms of government are bad, then what form of government would be perfect if possible to make one?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by sty]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If a monarchy it should be a constitutional monarchy so that the monarch is pretty hemmed in with a good constitution. If a republic the same is required a strong constitution with good checks and balances. All of the pros and cons of this were discussed over 200 years ago by the founders of the USA. A read through the Federalist Papers is a good way to absorb this body of knowledge if your English is pretty good and yours seems to be.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by UFOTECH]

sty

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
thank you for the link, going to study them now. I am hoping for a "head to head" comparation on why republic is better. I hope the monarchy will not be ever accepted in my country as it would be a giant step back for the well-being of the nation (social, moral , etc) however i wanted to understand more about the differences and what is the true origin on the European Royal families as the Hohenzollern family was mentioned once in the "ring of power" documentary..

Google Video Link

new topics

join