It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin said war in Iraq, gas pipeline are God’s will

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The war in Iraq is part of God’s plan, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said in June in a speech at her former church.

Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate whose son will deploy to Iraq in a few weeks, told the students that “our national leaders, are sending [the troops] out on a task that is from God.”

Building a natural-gas pipeline is also part of God’s will, she said, according to a video published by the Huffington Post taken from material posted on the website of the Wasilla Assembly of God.

blogs.marketwatch.com...

I dont even know where to start. First she says this in June 2008... THATS JUNE 2008!! After the debacle that this war has been, after thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians, men, women, children, my own comrades that I have lost, more maimed and disable for life. Is this God's war Gov. Palin? No Gov. Palin! this is not God's war, this is Pres. Bush War. A war which he also said that "God" was guiding him. The truth is that money and greed guide it Bush through this war, it has been exposed as so and still in 2008 Gov.Palin dares to say that this war was God's will?...common. Is that the kind of President she would be when it comes to decision making? Jeez.

Then the Pipeline, that is God's will too? ...common... I dont know if to laugh or feel sorry for her, is that what Republicans pray to God? for War and pipelines? No wonder why this country finds itself in this horrible shape!!

And I thought that McCain was like Bush... Gov. Palin is even worst than both.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They should use this in land of lucifer thing. I always wonder who americans mean by god, so maybe land allocated to lucifer, is america, and those people where right.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Its unfortunate that quotes like these cant be used against her, when guys like Micheal more get all the press for his dumb god jokes

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I believe that if the issue is brought up during a debate she should be called upon it. I wonder how she could stand in a podium in a nationally televise debate and say this. You can bet for sure that a debate moderator is going to bring it up for sure, I cant wait to see how she would try to explain this comments, specially the one about the Iraq war, the one about the pipeline is just pathethic.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
She also believes creationism should be taught in our schools.

You know like Noahs Ark is a fact! Talking snakes and bushes etc should be taught to children as facts because it is the will of God.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Reminds me of Bush getting policy advice from God.
Seems a little strange to me.
I guess some Christians, who think Israel is some kind of prophesy fulfillment, will go for this.
I happen to think that the world would be a better place if we did not go around invading countries.
This will make me have to re-think who I am going to vote for.
She is probably a good person but miss-guided.
I do not think Obama is any better.
I will have to settle for voting for an independent or third party.
I feel bad enough for voting for Bush and will not do that again, voting for the lesser of two evils.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Good post!

Maybe Gov. Palin cant see beyond what "God" tells her and I dont want to belittle her christian beliefs because I am also a christian. I dont like to mix my christian beliefs with politics, and so should she, I know is hard for some people but mixing politics and religion is a dangerous path.

If we go down that path, which I believe we already are, we be no different than the Iran's, Saudi Arabia and all those countries we criticize.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
reply to post by jmdewey60

Good post!

Maybe Gov. Palin cant see beyond what "God" tells her and I dont want to belittle her christian beliefs because I am also a christian. I dont like to mix my christian beliefs with politics, and so should she, I know is hard for some people but mixing politics and religion is a dangerous path.

If we go down that path, which I believe we already are, we be no different than the Iran's, Saudi Arabia and all those countries we criticize.

Excellent point!!!!! Even if taken out of context, her statements are scary!!

Once policy begins (ha) to be dictated by religious beliefs, we are no better....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here's the link to The Huffington Post article.

Palin's Church May Have Shaped Controversial Worldview

I couldn't embed the video, but the video of her speach is on this link also.

About the Iraq War.

Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

About the pipeline.

It was part of her energy proposals as well. Just prior to discussing Iraq, Alaska's governor asked the audience to pray for another matter -- a $30 billion national gas pipeline project that she wanted built in the state. "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she said.

Her beliefs in war and faith.

We need to develop as believers the instinct that we are at war, and that war is contending for your faith. ... Jesus called us to die. You're worried about getting hurt? He's called us to die. Listen, you know we can't even follow him unless you are willing to give up your life. ... I believe that Jesus himself operated from that position of war mode. Everyone say "war mode." Now you say, wait a minute Ed, he's like the good shepherd, he's loving all the time and he's kind all the time. Oh yes he is -- but I also believe that he had a part of his thoughts that knew that he was in a war.

It's all in the video on the link above!

[edit on 9/3/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Not another Huffington Post BS article.

It was Huffington Post that stated Palin's daughter Bristol's boyfriend had "Did not want children" on his MySpace page.

Only one problem, it wasn't his MySpace page but a hoax page! So much for researching before producing rediculous lame claims.

Now, we have this. No quote, just generalization and more Republican bashing from an unworthy non-credible source.

The Huffington Post is a joke.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Do you know that her husband works for BP? How about that!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Watch and LISTEN to her with your own two eyes and ears say these things.

The video of her giving the "sermon" is right on the link I gave above.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Thanks for pointing out the video part, I found it in youtube.

Unbelievable!!!.. that at June 2008 she could have made such a comment about the war in Iraq. And to believe that people are going to vote to put this Christian fanatic to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Of course she and McCain make the perfect ticket for the GOP

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
God's will is for us to fight a war? why? why is "us" killing "them" so much better than "them" killing each other? or "them" killing "us"?

I don't think she believes that, Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm more inclined to believe that people like Palin are the most evil people on the planet. They only use these religions as a means of control over the public. They're using lies to send men to die for their own purposes.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
more proof, that republican are maniacs who love to commit genocide

USA=whore of babylon

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Palin makes Reagan look like a hybrid driving liberal

As a citizen of earth the republican party frighten the crap out of me.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
When McCain first nominated Palin I was a bit excited, but when I researched her background she began to look like a brunette version of Ann Coulter. Now, I'm not saying that she doesn't have other more important records to look at, but I'm having a hard time getting past a lot of what could easily be regarded as fanatical statements....even if they are hypothetical. It concerns me. During her speech she completely avoided the subject of religion and how much of an impact it has on her decisions. Even when you leave out religion, I don't see how she nor McCain can measure up to someone of such caliber as Ron Paul.... who has consistently proven in depth comprehension of economics and policy.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
You are incorrect, She prayed that in the past tense their actions become God's will.

There is an extreme difference. If God is on your side, you can do no wrong!

If God in the past tense makes your actions rightious, then there is no longer any right or wrong.

Whatever you do becomes the will of God! This is a far more dangerous doctrin than believing you are doing God's will! Doing Gods will binds and limits your actions to some doctrin.

The words are subtly different but the meaning abolishes all reason. You can choose to do anything, and God will transsubsantiate the water of your actions to the wine of his blessing.

There is much to fear in this outlook!

The speeches at the DNC reminded me of the Third Reich. There were strings of dialectic non-sequitors, Something good about your candidate, paired with something bad about the other candidate, strung together without reason or logic. Good, bad, good, bad, good bad.
Like a machinegun, too fast to consider. Too fast to think about, all chanted in a recognizably religious sort of way. All shouted rapidly so a slower mind could not filter the illogic of it.

Innaine babbling shouted with enthusiasm, and anger. Disjointed rhetoric blended with cult like hero worship. Praise and condemnation repeated over and over with any ties to reality slurred over with emotion and agression.

I don't think people realize yet what is taking place before their eyes, but the light of reason is growing dim.

Listen again to that line and see for yourself is she asked for the actions to become rightious in the past tense?

I no longer believe she was just selected capriciously. There is something far more sinister at work here. I wonder what religion these people really practice?

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I am a republican and this lady creeps me out.I have been to many of the other posts and the majority of the party are just erupting in orgasms over this woman.It is really creepy being that she is a gov. for less than 2 years and no one really knows her then she gives her little speech in that irritating voice and they all just go wild over her worse than any of the dems went wild over Obama......this sure is a a weird time indeed.I am curious as to what the party has to say when this surfaces.......was it God or george who started the iraq war....or as I heard it on this tape it was george following Gods will to start a war in Iraq and kill,kill,kill......and he wants a 30 billion dollar pipeline.......That does it.......been registered republican since 1982 and I think I am going to put my time and efforts into libertarian.For this go round...after this speech I cant vote the McCain ticket , this speech is way scarier to me than rev. Wrights.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole

(1) Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right.

(2) Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God,"

(3) "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

I read into that statement a far different viewpoint than most of the posters Slamming her remark are interprting her.

(of course we can't dissect this one statement in a vacuum...but...)

i see (1) as self explanitory, Pray for he troops which are in harm's way

i see (2) as... Let's Pray that the nation's leadership has sent troops into battle for a good cause and the right reasons...
and let's pray that our military presence in Iraq & Afghanistan & Pakistan
is actually something that God deems necessary.

and # (3)...we have to pray that are actions are indeed a Godly mission....and not just for conquest or oil resources or for profits and control of that Eur-Asian theater... we need to pray that the neocons that seized the administration and sprung justifications for war was/is a Godly mission.

She seems to be playing the fence sitter...
by assuming in her worldview that the current war on terrorism is a Godly mission,
but any 'doubts' she or the population may have about the USA involvement will be rectified if we all pray enmasse that our war policies will ultimately be justified as honorable and Godly missions.

talk about flim-flam. omg

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join