It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressives Will Never Win The Hearts & Minds Of The American People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Very good article on of all places, The Daily Kos, explaining how a lot of Conservatives are graduates of the Progressive movement.

Progressives Will Never Win the Hearts and Minds of the American People

Progressives have an inherent disadvantage bringing people to their political point-of-view. The reason for this is very simple: A great majority of Conservatives / Libertarians are people over the age of 30, who were previously Progressives themselves. Most Progressives, on the other hand, are below the age of 30 and have not done their homework to learn what they are up against.

I know this to be the case because I was once one of those people.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
Very good article on of all places, The Daily Kos, explaining how a lot of Conservatives are graduates of the Progressive movement.

Progressives Will Never Win the Hearts and Minds of the American People

Progressives have an inherent disadvantage bringing people to their political point-of-view. The reason for this is very simple: A great majority of Conservatives / Libertarians are people over the age of 30, who were previously Progressives themselves. Most Progressives, on the other hand, are below the age of 30 and have not done their homework to learn what they are up against.

I know this to be the case because I was once one of those people.

As long as the majority of the media (CNN,ABC,NBC,CBS,Hollywood) are biased, progressives will have something better than hearts and minds, they will have the voice.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

Add to it the fact that all media outlets are being bought up and controlled by right wing operatives. All progressive media is being shut out on talk radio in spite of soaring ratings. Newspapers are being coralled under one right wing roof. Internet providers will soon be deciding where we can go and what we see. I just wonder what having 95% of the media does to help prove your point.

new topics

join