It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Does Not Support Teenage Moms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All I have to say is you people should be ashamed for talking about this girl like this. Don't you think she has enough problems without the media and everyone else distorting her life. Maybe they will cause her so much stress that she will have a miscarriage. I bet people will be happy then.

Being a teenage mother is no walk in the park. I know because I have been there, and just having to deal with people that are somewhat close to you is hard enough, I cant imagine what she must feel like with the whole country making an issue of her just because of who her mother is.

Gov. Palin cut funding, not eliminated it. It happened to a program I was in, and you know what we did, we donated what we could to help the center out. Teen pregnancy is not pretty, but it is a part of life. It is a life.

I was told to terminate my son or I would live in a trailor and work at the waffle house all my life and never finish highschool. My parents kicked me out of the house. Luckily I had the support of my grandparents and I graduated school, have a good job and own a house. My son is a blessing and will we will all(even the ones against me at first) celebrate his 10th birthday.

Its all really about the support of your family and your own determination. Not government handouts.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
the democrats are just sh!@ing themselves that mccain made one of the best possible picks for his campaign and are feeling threatened by mccain.
As for the attacks on Palins daughter and the fact she cant be a good mother if elected VP then i am actually ashamed at the mainstream media fair and unbalanced my A$%. attacking an innocent daughter just because she has a baby what has america come to slinging mud?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Its funny how nobody has really bashed Biden yet, but as soon as Palin was announced the media is all over it, personal teen pregnancies and all!! Who the F cares if sombodies teenager is pregnant? Does it matter any other time?

I am starting to wonder if this election was'nt rigged in some way to see how many people they could get to switch sideds. Dems have screwed up nominating Obama....and they know it. You all bought right into all the change propaganda..what a bunch of sorry idiots. I am ashamed of you all.

to the above anonymous post...you beat me to it
also seems like Loyd nailed it..theres probably not many blacks in alaska looking for handouts yet.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Mailman]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
BTW ... Isn't the boy who got Sarah Palin's daughter pregnant 19? The daughter was 16 at the time? Why hasn't he been charged?

Age of consent laws in the state of Alaska state that a minor of age 16 shall not engage in sexual activity with someone over the age of 20. A minor of age 17 shall not engage in sexual activity with someone over the age of 21. Maybe not the exact wording, but you get the general idea. Age of consent laws are actually quite forgiving as far as age ranges are concerned.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
Its funny how nobody has really bashed Biden yet, but as soon as Palin was announced the media is all over it, personal teen pregnancies and all!! Who the F cares if sombodies teenager is pregnant? Does it matter any other time?

I am starting to wonder if this election was'nt rigged in some way to see how many people they could get to switch sideds. Dems have screwed up nominating Obama....and they know it. You all bought right into all the change propaganda..what a bunch of sorry idiots. I am ashamed of you all.

to the above anonymous post...you beat me to it
also seems like Loyd nailed it..theres probably not many blacks in alaska looking for handouts yet.

Thing is though, this Palin or whatever her name is has a strong belief against contraception and against sex education in schools.

Does it matter that her daughter is pregnant? Of course it doesn't, that's the girls business.

But if Palin can't convince her own daughter to practice what her mother preaches to everyone else, what chance does she have of playing a leadership role to 300 million people.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Airdrop some condoms across the nation, that'll fix the problem...

Did someone just type that was a one line post... didn't think so

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by FlyersFan
DEBUNKED

Read here

It was cut back but only after it had already been raised three-fold.

Let me clarify then. By Slashed I mean used a line item veto (ala bush)

How about ala Clinton.
Clinton Line Items the Military

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Why hasnt the "boy" been charged? We need to talk to the Prosecuting attorney in the county in which they reside. It is the sole decision of the prosecutor whether or not to charge someone with a crime. In some cases the parents have "NO AUTHORITY" to simply drop charges...as in this case.It is my belief that the prosecuting attorney has a few questions to answer. Why are you derelict in your duties by not charging this "BOY"? Do you know what kind of message this is sending to other boys? Malfaesence is a term used to describe proffesional miscondit and deriliction of duty. Let us find out this prosecutor name together and investigate this angle...how 'bout that?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Jesus Christ!

Do some friggin research before you spout off

The age of consent in Alaska is 16, unless the older person is in a position of authority.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

THANK YOU FOR THAT. I had a child young and I do not have very much family at all, and those that I do, are already going through financial problems. And at least these teens arent chooseing to kill theyre babies because they think they made an oops.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Okay I read your other posts and I can see what your saying so im not trying to bash you. But for you to say we all teen moms are wanting "sympathy" then your dead wrong. Your catagorizing every single teen mom. Though ill admit some really do rely on everyone but themselves to support them and theyre baby, BUT, alot of us out there are only wanting a little help. And the help we recieve isnt for us, its for our baby.

Everyone makes bad decisions. Im sure you have made a bad decision in life also. So just because you make a bad decision, you dont deserve ANY help because well your the one that made the bad decision?

I dont think so.

Put it in another catagory, so you were driving and you went to reach for something and you lost control of the car. You get in a really bad accident and you need medical help immediatly. Should the ambulance not come because you made the bad decision to reach for an object while driving?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Sarah Palin supports whatever Sarah Palin thinks will get her elected.

Outside of that context, I can't understand how a woman, with a family of her own, could support such neandrathal policies. The most disturbing was when her policy dictated rape victims pay for their own rape kits. Such a policy is not only disturbing, but dispicable.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think Palin would make a much better POTUS than what we currently have. Much more human. Imperfect.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Mailman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join