It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Real Joe Biden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What do we know about Joe Biden?

What exactly do we know about Barack Obama's pick for VP?

He is a plagiarist who was drummed out of the 1988 presidential election for his theft

www.youtube.com...

He is a perennial loser in presidential races, having failed to get even 1% of the vote in this year's Iowa caucus

politicalmaps.org...

He is a member of a corrupt family

sweetness-light.com...

He will take away your Second Amendment rights

www.youtube.com...

And he is a fossilized Washington insider who has never held an honest job in his life.

Very few mainstream Americans can relate to him.

Good choice, Barack.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

And of course there's everything on this website to consider as well.

therealjoebiden.wordpress.com...

The Dems may want to isolate good ole' Joe. He can be a handful.

Becker

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"YES FOX reiterated this twenty minute ago".

Perhaps the DEMS burn him or roll over him with a train a few times???

[edit on 3-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

I've read your post several times now and still have zero idea what you're trying to convey with this.

Point remains though, no one is talking about Biden. For some reason Sarah Palin is being put on trial as though she were running for President. I think it only fair that we should look deeply at the other VP candidate as well.

Of course fair means nothing to the media.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I've read your post several times now and still have zero idea what you're trying to convey with this.

nyk537 - You'll never understand it. They're smarter than us. You need to accept this fact if you wish to live in a socialized country. Geesh!

Becker

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Joe Biden. NO CHANGE THERE. Same old "Washington Politics".

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The reason he lost the bid for presidential candidates is because he moved to the dark side when voted against amendments to stop the regular Joe bankruptcy bill from letting the credit card industry get away with gouging because he got campaign money from the MNBA.

That is why he now earned the name of senator from the MNBA.

That is one of the reasons that I dislike biden, he prove that he like any other politician will sell the American people for private agendas and money.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thank you, marg. I forgot how many credit card companies were based in Delaware!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Not only credit cards companies. A lot of businesses get incorporated in Deleware.

I guess the question to ask is if Biden was vetted properly?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
That is one of the reasons that I dislike biden, he prove that he like any other politician will sell the American people for private agendas and money.

When I saw Obama picked Biden my heart sank. As much as I do not support Obama, I also realistically understand he might be the next POTUS. I was hoping that he actually would be a different type of politician if he won. The selection of Biden for VP does not give me much hope of this.

Biden is the EXACT type of politician that I thought Obama was trying to rid us of.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
He is a career politician, what happened to change?

His views do, however, change, depending on the political weather and quite often he speaks before he thinks. This combination has often found him caught in the "do as I say, not as I do" crowd.

As a result, in over 35 years, his achievements are mediocre at best.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by mental modulator

Point remains though, no one is talking about Biden. For some reason Sarah Palin is being put on trial as though she were running for President. I think it only fair that we should look deeply at the other VP candidate as well.

Of course fair means nothing to the media.

Let the Dems attack Palin all they want to. All they are doing is hurting themselves in the process. Working mothers aren't stupid and they're going to take great offense to the antics that the Dems are taking to villify Palin. It's going to cost them votes, of that I am sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Joe Biden talks and talks, never listens... He was meant to be the Democratic answer to the experience factors raise by the Republican opposition. A choice that could cost him the election?

Obama is just another pawn in a grand chess game, a public figure who will do as advised and when all else fails, wet his finger, hold it in the air to see which way the wind is blowing, or where "popular public opinion" is before he takes a stand on an issue, or perhaps change his position to adapt to what his target audience wants to hear.

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

Enjoy the show.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Oh yeah, you beat that change banner.

Obama's General Plan:

-Increase taxes on the rich/otherwise cut taxes
-Spent A LOT more
-Balance out the budget

Problem much? Scrutinize his website; The costs are tremendous to putting his policies through, and his work to cut spending/pork and grow receipts are negligible. If all the pork was eliminated from FY2007, we would save around 15 Billion USD. But he wants to spend that on alternative energy research, putting that up to 150 billion in the ten-year project. But get real, the man doesn't want to cut pork, if anything he'll increase it. He approved over 50 pork barrels at a cost of nearly 100 million, meaning I find his sincerity and ability to stop pork extremely dubious. Seriously, looking to the number of work in which he wants to even quadruple the money given, I'd guess that netfed outlays will up by 30% whilst under his so-called 'leadership'

Obama will increase the deficit and doing anything other than cutting the deficit and leading to a massive surplus is a wonderfully stupid idea.

Obama's plans will lead to an increase in the deficit, and doing anything other than lowering the deficit and getting a massive surplus is a wonderfully stupid idea.

If that weren't bad, his idea to bail out homeowners is. If he truly wants to be bailing out individual homeowners, there isn't any reason why the government shouldn't bail out market speculators who lose money. So is he prepared to spend $50 Billion a day to compensate? That is incredible stupidity at its worst.

And the environment? An extremely aggressive biofuels program which does what? Remove forests to plant biofuel crops. Yet he still wants to help solve global warming. Guess what? Ethanol is still a Hydrocarbon. When it's burned, CO2 is still a result. CH3CH2OH+302=2CO2+3H2O. What the hell was he doing in high school chem? And since based on the weak energy bonds, more will have to be burnt. Sure, it lowers are dependence on foreign oil, but then it seriously hurts the globe by way of bad emissions.

What would be great is if he would stop being so bloody vague and actually specify even ANYTHING. "Get others to trade fairly with us" Wonderful idea! But how the hell is he going to do that?

I'm not trying to argue that Obama is necessarily worse suited for the task, but it is that he is not a good fit for it. As a citizen, I should be able to choose between good candidates, not Bad, Worse and McAwful.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Yeah ! Who is Joe Biden?

OHH he got promoted to Governor 20 months ago?

No, you are mistaken.

Joe Biden has never been promoted for anything in the last 30 years. He is a living example of the Peter Principle. He's reached the level that he is best suited for 30 years ago and has stayed there:

A career politician who hasn't accomplished anything substantive except figuring out how to get re-elected every six years.

Hey, at least he beat "uncommitted"...

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zizek

The problem I have with Obama promising to raise taxes ONLY for the rich is that's EXACTLY what Bill Clinton promised to do when he was campaigning for POTUS. What actually ended up happening? Every household with an income over $30,000 had a huge tax increase.

What's to say the same won't happen?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Logic says that both Biden and Obama will have to raise taxes across the board to pay for what we are currently obligated to in addition to paying for their new initiatives and unforeseen emergencies that may arise.

To think that the rich will allow themselves to carry the burden of cost is hillarious. They will simply move out and take there corporations and MONEY with them.

Biden is for taking care of businesses. Ask MBNA, they love him dearly.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by Zizek

The problem I have with Obama promising to raise taxes ONLY for the rich is that's EXACTLY what Bill Clinton promised to do when he was campaigning for POTUS. What actually ended up happening? Every household with an income over $30,000 had a huge tax increase.

What's to say the same won't happen?

So you think that because Bill Clinton did it, Obama will too?...
Obama's policies are nothing like Clintons.

Biden is nothing like Al Gore. Thank God.

I'd draw a comparison, but apparently thats an off-topic offense now

top topics

join