It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheaper cable TV without the cable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a company in Utah created this service and congress wants to make every tv like this by 2006. so basically, u get HDTV quality cable signals from a source far away (not satellit) through a $100 antenna. what do u think?

Cable

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think 2006 is a long way off

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
From what I am reading you pay 100.00 for equipemt but pay a monthly fee just like you do with cable and satellite deals.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
From what I am reading you pay 100.00 for equipemt but pay a monthly fee just like you do with cable and satellite deals.

I didn't pay for my installation, but cable for me costs five times the price of this service every month. Of course I'm no mormon, so the channels they offer aren't real appealing unless they can hook up some Comedy Central and The n.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite

Originally posted by goose

I didn't pay for my installation, but cable for me costs five times the price of this service every month. Of course I'm no mormon, so the channels they offer aren't real appealing unless they can hook up some Comedy Central and The n.

The cost is 19.95 and you are paying 5x that, dish and dierect have good deals, currently I have 100 but I'm told its actually 122 channels with dish and I also have a few network channels and I pay 39.00 a month, 150 channels is 42-45.00. You also get your equipment for free if you agree to take a certain package for a year, this also includes installation. If you do this make sure they lock all the ppv channels out so that no one can order them without a code and don't tell anyone the code, this keeps channels from being downloaded without your permission.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
In the Netherlands we call it Digitenne.
Just digital television and radio by means of EM-waves picked up by a small 15 cm2 antenna.

new topics

top topics

join