It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Nuclear Weaponary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Shouldn't the government put the strategic defense initiative back into affect, becuase with the threat of not so sane north koreans and iraq having nuclear weapons, there's never been a better time. (not to mention knocking nuclear weapons out of the sky is a pretty cool thought as well) And if a nuke were shot down in space would it creat it's own black hole?

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i don't really know anything at all. i think the answer to your last question is no. i don't think there's enough energy to do that. heh i don't even know what i'm talking about, i'm barely passing high-school. oh wait i'm not.

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
As I said before crare you better be hot!

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yes, you might be right that it doesnt' create enough engergy, but ... you never know what it takes...black holes are quite interesting

[Edited on 12-1-2003 by excalibur745]

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
yeah i got my foot stuck in one THREE TIMES in the past week. those pranksters

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
A nuclear weapon would definitely not release enough energy to create a black hole.

Contrary to popular belief, there is a great deal of observational evidence for the existence of two types of black holes; those with masses of a typical star, and those with masses of a typical galaxy.

The former type have measured masses ranging from 4 to 15 Suns, and are believed to be formed during supernova explosions. So you see excalibur, a nuclear weapon going off would not even be a tiny spark when compared to such power.

Then there are galaxy-mass black holes which are found in Active Galactic Nuclei (AGN). These are thought to have the mass of about 10 to 100 billion Suns. These kind are formed when galaxies collapse in upon themselves. This kind of power is so great that you can't even begin to compare them to the previously mentioned supernovas.

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
because space contains little molecules i think that blast wud be much bigger in

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
are yall serious? a nuclear weapon does nothing more in space then what happens millions of times in a star every day. a nuclear weapon in space would just have most of it's blast be EMP radiation. I dont know where yall are getting the idea that it would cause a black hole

top topics

join