It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WAS THERE: The protest march on the RNC in Saint Paul 9-2-08: FULL REPORT

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This my friend is what the whole point is. You went out made a big meeting soley for the purpose of instigating a situation where you could claim police brutality. You went for that and got that. Good thread, shows what you are all about.

Besides which poor are we talking about? Is it the poor in Africa? The U
S gives more than any other country. The lazy ass poor here that don't work and complain about not getting enough from the government? Probably more likely. Do you work?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here we go again! Free speech is not equal to vandalism or violence...

I can't believe all those "protestors" went to M/SP just to break windows, overturn planters and ashtrays, jump on patrol cars, throw rocks, etc. Every "protestor" there is intent on vandalism and violence. They have no cause or message. They are merely following someone else's lead and are incapable of thinking for themselves. Every one of them should be arrested.
To all those who keep regurgitating that all cops are evil and only want to smash some heads, here's a little taste of what you sound like. You are always the first to claim you are stereotyped by the police, but then do the same thing. Please realize the hypocrisy overshadows any legitimate message you are trying to express.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
reply to post by scotty18

I really don´t know why you resort to childish insults.
People judge what they see on the basis of their personal frame of reference.

If you think me sad, please just refrain from commenting on my posts.
Good luck to you.

Childish insults? Saying you have an agenda and saying that's sad? Wow, it must be rough to go through life with skin so thin you hear insults everywhere.

You judged what you saw in your personal frame of reference? I guess your frame of reference is either an agenda to cling to or simply an inability to see reality. Not sad, pathetic.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

"All those protesters" are NOT there to destroy property and act like idiots!!
Have you even been watching any footage from the event?

It's a SMALL percentage that goes around in masks doing it!

It was the same way at the DNC!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Clearskies, please go back and read my entire post, before your head explodes. Particularly the last paragraph.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Your post reminds me of my experiences in Chicago back in 1968. The official federal government investigation later labeled the event(s) at that convention as a "police riot". Later reports of police injuries which were used to justify police activities listed a number of police officers with bruised and scraped knuckles. I personally saw how a few of them obtained those "injuries".

In 1968 I was with Rennie Davis when he went to obtain permits for Lincoln Park, march routes, etc. He was turned down on every request. When the police entered Lincoln Park the first night they used the same tactics that you describe in your piece above. Billy clubs, tear gas, massed formations of officers pushing people into other formations of police.

The first "demonstrator" to be arrested was a provacateur who later turned out to be a member of the Chicago Police Department. The same types of provocations were used at the Hiroshima Day Parade prior to the Convention.

Please do your utmost to educate those who are with you that they MUST resist any inclination to respond to the provocations. It WILL be used as an excuse to unleash force and make wholesale arrests.

Also be aware that coordinated attempts at disinformation should be expected and those who are coordinating any of the demonstrations need to be like Caesar's Wife, "above suspicion".

I wish you all good fortune and my best wishes for a successful counterpoint to the GOP Convention. Remember that these are the same people who have implemented Rendition and populated Guantanamo Naval Airbase with people that they can't charge with any offense because they have no evidence that they committed any crime. God Bless!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Why do you ALWAYS claim someone has an 'agenda' in your posts?
Many of us are conservatives.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

My heads fine, thanks.
I and many others, never said "all cops are evil".
That's just ignorant!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Oh, but many have! Even in this very thread. And they are who I was addressing.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I believe one of the most effective weapons individuals and groups have is simply heartfelt disappointment. The Devil rules by convincing people to believe in lies. In this case the police have a buy in that is enforced by any actions or words that support their conditioning. Just feeling sad for them, disappointed with them is a very powerful force that can help to break their minds beliefs. They think of the protesters as an enemy that is not like themselves. To them, they are right and different and they divorce themselves from their opposition. Of course, they don't realize that what they do to others is their own future. That nature will catch up to them eventually. But they are empowered in this degradation by feeling right, good, important, powerful, etc.. Just being disappointed with them in heart, without a spoken word felt by an individual, let alone a large group, is a very powerful force.

Making the police feel welcome, inviting them to join, to sit down, to listen also helps to break down their conditioning. But it needs to be very sincere, compassionate and heartfelt.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Why do you ALWAYS claim someone has an 'agenda' in your posts?
Many of us are conservatives.

Always? Are you stalking me to see this? It's pretty clear that the person I was responding to has an agenda when he looks at a video and makes claims that are clearly untrue in the video. Many of us are conservatives? So what.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

No, not stalking.
I just try to know where people are coming from.
There are also paid governmental dis-informationists.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
great coverage of the event OP!!

i think if more people could SEE with their own eyes, the amount of people that showed up to support the protest, it might just open them up more to the issues at hand.

and NOT that it should happen, but i could see one day, a crowd fighting back in huge mass - and wining. (for a brief moment anyway)

great report! looking forward to the next rounds.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

No, not stalking.
I just try to know where people are coming from.
There are also paid governmental dis-informationists.

So you are so paranoid that you have to investigate someone who has the gall to call people out for having an obvious agenda?

No comment on me not caring who are conservatives?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Not paranoid, just cautious!
I'm almost forty and I've seen a LOT of the real world!
It's not about conservative vs. liberals.
Just liars, the ignorant and the honest!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Not paranoid, just cautious!
I'm almost forty and I've seen a LOT of the real world!
It's not about conservative vs. liberals.
Just liars, the ignorant and the honest!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Clearskies]

Then you shouldn't be on my case since I am calling out the liars and ignorant.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
WOW !!

It's amazing that you just happened to be in the middle of every big happening at the "protest".

In the middle of this whole group of thousands of people, you seemed to witness everything that happened and with such clarity......

I wish I could do that in the middle of such a chaotic event.

Please tell me how you did it.....please......

4,000 - 5,000 people basically rioting, tear gas, riot squads and you saw everythig happen.........

Again.........WOW !!!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by mwood]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
personally I love seeing people get their butts stomped!...
Sorry you hometown in under seige.. I am sure thing will get back to normal soon. Kudos on the OP for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Try following the law, and not making spectacles of your foolish selves. We who are old enough know that the scene of a bunch of long hairs provoking and engaging the police during this time of year will only play into the hands of the Right Wing - which for all we know you secretly represent.

You can meet, demonstrate, etc., but when your group decides on its own to continue in areas where you don't have a permit you only show your contempt for lawful society, and the police were just doing their jobs.

I watched one video taken by a spectator which clearly shows a group of demonstrators working together to form shields and then they march together in a phalanx TOWARDS the police who were across the street. Then the police use MACE to break things up, and guess what the demonstrators claim the police were out of hand - ha! Give us a break.

You have cell phones, the Internet, churches, meeting halls, libraries, etc. If you want to meet do so, but if you take it into the streets you need to get a permit - and your little group of protesters aren't any more special in that sense than if the KKK came into town to protest one block from a meeting of the NAACP.

And by the way I'm no Republican.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join