It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WAS THERE: The protest march on the RNC in Saint Paul 9-2-08: FULL REPORT

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Cop Provocateur bull#.
www.nornc.org...
That was a anarchist provocateur they have been screwing with the cops for the last 10 years.
www.nornc.org...
Most likely a member of the Minnesota Anarchist Collective.
www.ainfos.ca...
www.infowars.com...

There trade mark is to go into a peaceful crowd and get the cops to attack the crowd.

I will bet no one has photos of this provocateur except the anarchist.
The cops know that with the internet a cop acting as a provocateur would get busted so fast and have the media on there ass and a federal investigation
Watch out for guys with cameras at peaceful demonstrations that seem to fallow these provocateurs.

Some of these anarchist and there photographers after starting a riot and getting it on film make good money by selling the film to the news media.

Yes they are provocateur they were trying to start a riot but the people they were after were the cops.
It was a set up to get the cops in trouble.

How do i know this .
I was a provocateur in the 1970s
I hated the cops and the the hippies and needed the money from selling my photos of the cruel out of control cops beating the peaceful hippies.
I was in the navy at the time.

but then again the person that started this thread is most likely a anarchist provocateur trying to start something.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Volton

The protesters are not against republicans gathering and having free speech. They are against what they are causing in the world.

Should people just go out and vote for the lesser of two evils? If their vote even matters?

What they are causeing may not effect you and me, here and now, but what about the 3,400 civilians who were killed during the bombing of Afghanistan?

And your right that is not a police state look at the U.S. occupation of Iraq. That is a police state. A U.S. police state.

Someone has to stand up against it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well, the march should be long since over and no "report" from the OP. That could mean one of two things...
1. He's been arrested.
2. He's decided a dramatic pause will enhance his stories (which may also included being arrested... who knows? Tune in next time, same bat channel, same bat time.)

I suppose it could also mean the entire march was canceled so nobody missed the NFL season opener?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Where is everyone's sense of collegiality?

I hope all is well and that everyone is safe and unharmed.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Not that it seems that it will matter to many of the negative responders to this thread -I do hope it does, but the OP is telling it like it is and I thank him for having the courage to place himself in harms way to voice his peaceful protest. I live in Minneapolis and over the week I have talked to friends and have heard everything the same as this OP is saying as well as viewing some of the horrific videos showing peaceful protesters being trampled and assaulted. These people did not have weapons, they did not attack police, they were unlawfully attacked and detained.

All of the stories I have heard were told just now on MPR (Minnesota Public Radio). Of course the mayor denies and the police denies, but you talk to the people. The peaceful people who just wanted to march and be heard. The police barricaded them shot rubber bullets at them, mace at zero pt. blank, pointed guns at their heads, beat and bullied. It discusts me the ammount of you who want to remain blind and eat up all the bogus propaganda about the scary "anarchists.' Yes there were few more violent people who actually called themselves anarchists but this also was blown way out of proportion. There were false entries into homes and contrived "evidence" found, people falsely arrested. Scary.

This kind of scary bullying is why I was a coward and stayed at home. If I did not have two children I would have gone to peacefully protest. But to fear my safety and possible unlawful arrest to remain in jail for days was something I couldn't sacrifice for my children's sake. Thank you to all the protesters who were there to help keep safe our freedoms by spotlighting and enduring the militarization that seems obvious that is happening.

light and love,
-anyone

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I saw the protests on the news today and I could not believe they continued to pepper spray a girl even after she put up the peace sign. Also the fact that they stopped the RATM concert.

I believe that the faciest republicans put people into the crowd to make the ones supporting Obama would look dangerous. Plus the protester during McCain's speach last night. I think they were planted too.

It is all going to be crazy and the republicans are going to rigg the election I'm sure of it. If this happens we need to take our protest to every city and street in America. DOWN WITH THE CONCERVITIVE RIECH!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by #ry
The riot police are not Republican police. They would be there if Elmer Fudd was elected president. Having Obama as President would only make things worse in the long run as we would all lose are ability to fight back. The Obama/Biden duo will go to no end if elected to make sure the public has no way to ever fight back or over throw the government. Get your head out of the sand dude, that group wants to disarm and enslave us.

No the republicans want to control us with their christian ways and make women not have a choice with their bodies. The republicans only want to want to keep things the way they are and take our freedoms away. They want to start WWIII for their christian crusade. I will never vote for the nazi republicans!! DOWN WITH THE CONSERVATIVE REICH!!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by z.solkin

Wow, your like one of those crazy people that are allowed to use the computers occasionally, right? I think you just got the repub party confused with radical islam. But believe what you want little lamb, repubs are gonna make your mom cook dinner and rape your sisters. Rarrrrrr!

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Kai Winters

Except.....why are proper reporters, with obvious credentials hanging on their necks, brutalized???
I mean, a woman who had ACCESS to the floor of the RNC convention, when alerted to the abuse of power, outside, by the 'police', against her colleagues....naturally went out to ask about it, and in turn, was arrested herself!!!!

Doesn't anyone see the problem here>>>????

People might see a problem here if they believed any of it was true. This entire story reaks of BS. It's all hearsay, and none of it means anything.

Which is why I keep telling those concerned, to document, document, document. Take some friends to these events, with plenty of cameras and batteries. Setup observation points ahead of or before an event, out of harms way and record everything, from start to finish. It’s one thing to represent, it’s another game altogether to show the world what really happens.

This is how the news media captures exactly what they need, be they left or be they right. True, the only thing seen on the evening news is a few seconds of an event, but what is displayed is what THAT media wants to show you. It’s called editing, it is intentional and serves the purpose of delivering a specific agenda or spin and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it once you understand how it’s done.

Surely, you’ve all noticed reporters at an event, recording the entire time, only to see a short sound bite on the evening news. That’s how it works. Did you really think that the news media “discovered” a prevailing attitude? Come on, you guys are smarter than that. It’s just like when the engineer “accidently” left Jesse Jackson’s microphone hot. That was a gift from a disgruntled soundboard engineer, tired of listening to another politician getting away with hypocrisy. Consider it a gift, while you can, anytime you hear someone on the air speak in a manner that doesn’t match their routine persona.

And before anybody starts flaming me for promoting a means to create propaganda, I also recommend that a reporter archive their entire footage from an event so it can later be reviewed to check on the integrity of content, post edit. This used to be one of the rules of broadcast media reporting. The idea to archive was tossed out somewhere around the Nixon administration, yes the very same people who brought you the Controlled Substance Act.

As far as this OPs political point of view, it doesn’t matter to me near as much as the fact that he is concerned with politics and wants to make a difference. I would hope more people follow his example and attend a political event instead of just watching a three second sound bite on the news or dumping on a person for wanting to deliver his perspective.

And for those critical of protestors and demonstrators, shame on you, it was a protest that gave you your freedom. A protest that delivered the vote, a protest that gained equal rights, a protest that ensured dignity to those who couldn’t speak up for themselves, a protest that saved millions of innocent people from harm and brutality, shame on you. Voting has only ever determined the details of an idea that came to maturity from a protest!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't know what to do except post this vid. for everyone to see. What can I do to help what is going on here? My adrenaline is flowing and I may literally throw up after watching this.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
AllSeeingI,

Awesome work getting to the truth as to what the Republicans truly stand for,.... WAR ! WAR against other nations and WAR against AMERICAN CITIZENS that choose to have a peaceful demonstration against the WAR MACHINE REPUBLICANS!

Wished I'd been there to help out in the protest , but since I wasn't the most I can do for my part on this end is write the Mayor of my city a letter chewing her out for loaning our police to Minnesota to help out there with the protesters.

The last protest I had actually been to was when BUSH was here running for a second term. The thugs that go with Bush everywhere he goes as body-guards to Bush, told the police to arrest a couple women protesters, for protesting against everything "the shrub" stood for , they manhandled the women ,the women sued and WON !

There is NO HOW ............NO WAY ..........NO MCCAIN / PALIN this time around, McCain needs to take his female mutt and crawl back under the rocks they camew from, America is sick of the Republican Rule/Nazi Rule.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

For some reason, I'm not getting ANY sound from that video.

Maybe, it's on my end.....
Thanks!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

It's working for me. Most you tube vids. are posted with sound off you have to turn in on at the window. Hope that helps. Or maybe your speakers aren't working right. Good luck. -You will be disgusted and disturbed.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by z.solkin
Also the fact that they stopped the RATM concert.

You do know they were stopped because they didn't have a permit to play? RATM should have known that would happen, considering they ain't some two bit garage band anymore.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
24 Hours ago I was in the midst of a multiple thousand human march. This time I brought my camera to capture the story. I arrived at the MN state capital in Saint Paul around 345pm and began filming.

I did not delay posting for dramatic effect and I was not arrested. I had to go out and buy the components to upload this video as well as deal with my daily life responsibilities.

This was the fastest I could do.
Enjoy.

First Video 9:44 - RNC 9-3-08 345pm-500pm
At 5pm the permit expired and the Police to the protesters to disperse. The marchers instead left the MN State Capital Building and marched towards the RNC. The Police blocked on path and the march diverted the bridge over I94. At this point Horse Police intercepted the march at the bridge's mid-point. A two hour standoff ensued.

Second Video 7:25 - RNC 9-3-08 5pm-630pm
The march turned back towards the capital. Half of the marchers stayed and half went to 12th Street. First you see the remnants of the bridge march standing off with police and dealing with a provocateur.
Later I headed over to 12th street and caught some footage there.
At 630pm I had to depart.

[edit on (9/5/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Good work, glad to have you back safe and presumed sound!
Don't let these guys get to you, many lack the resolve to do anything worth while and assume that all their freedoms were handed down by order of decree at their birth as a result of an unproked vote that just sort of happened.

There were plenty of them around when I was young, there will be more when you get old.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Thank you for being at the march. I cowardly did not go. I commend each and everyone of you. I hope this will be exposed and come to an end. We cannot allow this to continue. I 've been posting and emailing as fast as I can to help get the truth out.

PEACE!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
RNC Police Torture and Deny Medical Care to Non-Resisting & Arrested Peace-Activists

Hope we hear more about this. Maybe someone can get an interview with Elliot Hughes to find out from him what happened in the jail. If we ever see him again.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Here's a thread by techsnow reguarding Elliot Hughs with an interview of him taking about the terrorism he endured. The dude is traumatized. I hope those bastards go to prison for this!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
24 Hours ago I was in the midst of a multiple thousand human march. This time I brought my camera to capture the story. I arrived at the MN state capital in Saint Paul around 345pm and began filming.

I did not delay posting for dramatic effect and I was not arrested. I had to go out and buy the components to upload this video as well as deal with my daily life responsibilities.

This was the fastest I could do.
Enjoy.

First Video 9:44 - RNC 9-3-08 345pm-500pm
At 5pm the permit expired and the Police to the protesters to disperse. The marchers instead left the MN State Capital Building and marched towards the RNC. The Police blocked on path and the march diverted the bridge over I94. At this point Horse Police intercepted the march at the bridge's mid-point. A two hour standoff ensued.

Second Video 7:25 - RNC 9-3-08 5pm-630pm
The march turned back towards the capital. Half of the marchers stayed and half went to 12th Street. First you see the remnants of the bridge march standing off with police and dealing with a provocateur.
Later I headed over to 12th street and caught some footage there.
At 630pm I had to depart.

So you were part of a group that broke the law and the police actually took action. Wow, that's horrible. Wait, it must have been a provaeteur that you claim you know for a fact.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join