It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WAS THERE: The protest march on the RNC in Saint Paul 9-2-08: FULL REPORT

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"A short time ago Barack Obama held a rally at the very SAME venue: the Excel Center. It was there that he accepted his nomination for President by the Democratic Party. That rally packed the arena and overflowed with 10,000s of supporters outside to watch on TV monitors."
actually mr obama accepted the democrat nomination for president in denver at an outdoor stadium (invesco field). this blogger is obviously lying, his wealth of ignorance gives him away. this is what fuels the far left in this country - IGNORANCE. get an education, get a job and contribute to society.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Yes they are the trouble makers not the war mongers and profiteers.

The people who are mad because our rights are being destroyed are the REAL trouble makers!

Don’t worry your masters will soon put the screws on you.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The riot police are not Republican police. They would be there if Elmer Fudd was elected president. Having Obama as President would only make things worse in the long run as we would all lose are ability to fight back. The Obama/Biden duo will go to no end if elected to make sure the public has no way to ever fight back or over throw the government. Get your head out of the sand dude, that group wants to disarm and enslave us.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Pavlin...needs to rethink those glasses.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by jpm1602]

Reminscent of WONDER WOMAN isn't it? . . .how aptly appropriate.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Full repsect for getting out there and protesting. I was at the G20 protests in Melbourne and I saw plenty of undercovers in amoungst the crowd. Some were just observing and using radios to identify certain protesters back to the uniformed cops so they could be isolated and arrested later. They also video taped and photographed heaps of people. They stood out completely though, because their whole persona and vibeis in contrast to the crowd so I totally understand your intuitive and practical conclusion in identifying an undercover agent.

Best thing to do then is get a photo of these suspected undercover agents, (try to remain unnoticed while taking photo, use zoom lens if possible) and if all is peaceful then all good and whatever but if #e goes down, you can ask around if anyone knows that person. My experience was that most sincere protesters and activists will be with friends or at least a couple of other known people that can vouch for each other. Not a totally fool-proof method but may help back up any intuitions.

My thoughts are that some of these activist groups and video/geek techies need to get some cheap but effective UAV action happening! Grab an electric remote control helicoptor or flying thing with camera on it to record any interactions with cops from above - that way it is all documented!

That way also you get could better idea of cop deployment strategies, as they have a tactic of slowly herding groups, using light efforts to move people on, weed out certain people, get rid of journalists and slowly herd everyone into a dead end area or oposite other cops. Then they do a massive rush and divide and conquer. You cab see in footage that when the crowd actually stops moving or as a bulk tries to go a different way they use tear gas, pepper spray to seriously enforce the tactic.

Another good idea would be for someone to develop some sort of small flexible foam breathing filters that you could just stick up your nose in the event of gas to filter it out and some sort of slim disposable clear safety googles that just stick on around your eyes with a filterred foam fitting so they don't fog up. That would help eleviate the effect of tear gas, maybe pepper spray as well. What if used a small foam fire extinguisher on a tear gas bomb? If you coated the thing in thick foam would that block the gas its releasing? We should brainstorm ideas like these people, not only for now but for the future as well.

Why?

Because despite all the hypocritical trolls posting in this thread supporting the government, the state, the police, the mainstream media, the corrupt laws, the erosion of liberties, the use of rediculous logic, stereotypes and generalisations and everything else that completely undermines the notion of denying ignorance, everyone else needs to see the reality of what we are up against in the fight for the future direction of this world (including SIT-X scenarios) These trolls of course are quite happy to support any theories and participate constructively in any number of far out threads that keep people distracted, but when it comes to actually doing something see how quickly they fall back to bi-polar agenda setting statements...

Yeah, after all the denying of ignorance about the mainstream media, the discovery of the truth about the wars by politicians that bomb and kill civilians everyday overseas, have sold out the patriotic soldiers, have rooted the economy and are destroying the environment..

BUT WAIT... instead of doing anything about all that other stuff just mentioned, lets arrest and crush the reall evil doers smashing up a couple of SYMBOLS of the state or corporations!

(sarcasm rant there)

We need to know what works, what doesn't and how to use that knowledge to empower and protect those people who are awake, awakening or have the potential further down the track.

[edit on 2008-9-4 by primamateria]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ok everyone I am heading out down to the Capital with camera in hand.
I will report back after the march.

Protesters Try to Make Most of Republican Convention

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Even black sheep are still sheep. You have no idea what your supporting and you are only shining a light on just the kind of hatred and violence we NEED to get away from. But it's your way or nothing at all, so very diplomatic of you. Baa baaa black sheep, have you any....TOOL!

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Thousands of riot cops, FBI, snipers, provocateurs, teargas, flashbangs, fences, and angry loud protesters.

A Democratic event at the Excel Center:
A handful of traffic cops required to manage the huge overflow crowd of supporters.

You see this is why we must have a Democrat in office. A people's candidate who doesn’t need to hide behind a mercenary army of trigger happy stormtroopers.

great post. thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

real change is said and done with your votes, not with a mass riot.

lol. Change will never happen that way. Most of these people are puppets anyway. Thats even if your vote is counted. Also looking to other countries, it took revolts to get their change and peace.

Also I wanted to make sure you guys know that anarchism is not just without government, it can be a type of government that is rule bottom up.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Thanks for all this info on whats going on out there. Don't let these posters that claim your lying about this "instigator" you saw get on your nerves. I believe what your saying is true, and anyway your just stating your opinion that you think he might have been one. No harm in that.

Anyway, I wanted to add that I think alot of people posting on this board do not realize how agressive police can be especially when they are outnumbered. They react with a sign of force thinking it will disperse people and scare them which in turn just emboldens the demonstrators and leads to violence or more violence. I think cops are more afraid of large numbers of protestors then most people realize, hence the reaction. I've seen cops in this situation that look pretty scared. The demonstrators could overrun them and they know that.

Also when it starts getting out of control they dont always go after the guy who threw the rock, they go after the guy closest to them. If you saw a kid who did nothing get thrown to the pavement and have the snot beat out of him how would you react? Peacefully just walk away?

Last point, why do they have to use horses!! I know its for a vantage point but its pretty frightening to see a giant horse start getting nervous or freaking out inches from crowds, its so dangerous. A few years ago i saw a horse get scared when a bunch of people walked out of a club. Cop lost control and the horse trampled a bunch of people, pretty horrific.

keep up the good work !!!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
excellent post! i applaud your time and effort to type all this up, and an excellent story it is! i hope the public can see this for what it really is, and maybe some can "wake up" in the process!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unkle Greggo
The OP claims he was there, but posts no evidence to that claim. You guys call yourself conspiracy theorists? Should have been a red flag right there. Stop believing every BS post that goes against the mainstream, you just wind up looking naive.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Unkle Greggo]

I agree with you 100% Greggo, this guy hasn't convinced me of one thing. All I see in this thread is a guy making a few quite controversial claims and not presenting any real proof. (A picture of himself there, pictures from outside the convention that AREN'T from CNN.com) All I see is left wing fear mongering, and its been happening for a long time. The source of this kind of junk is from the same crowd that's been screaming about how Bush will "cancel" the elections and somehow stay in power. All of the left wing back patting makes me sick considering how the OP has presented absolutely no proof, and in my opinion his accounts are very likely partly, or entirely fictional. He has an agenda, and he is pushing it hard.
Don't fall for this kind of nonsense people, everybody saw the broken windows and people throwing rocks on MSM. It's amazing, its almost as though you'd blame anything on the current administration, even the actions of your camp.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ppskylight]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Please Advise People!

How would you all go about protesting without starting a full scale riot, To which I already have Affray, to my record, in UK law it means a one man riot, with twenty plus policemen. Also without people loseing there lives ,you only have to look at Tottenham riots and L.A. Which is the last thing anybody ever wants. How do We Change policy etc, without the call to arms, Help? Something needs to be done but how! are We all to late? Please God NO!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

you are very out of touch with reality!
sounds like you are one of those provocateers.
does it make you feel good to say something like that to someone thats
losing everything?
I cant wait to read your reply just to show how self serving and heartless people like you are.
People like your self is exactly whats wrong with this country..
I trully hope you can come up with something really good to try and make me feel less than you. Ill never be a heartless noncaring,antiamerican,true patriot such as yourself.
(these are my oppinions and mine only. They should Not be taken to reflect upon this site,board,webpage or thread.)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The people wearing bandanas to cover their faces, throwing objests through the windows of stores and overturning a variety of objects did not seem to be "peaceful protesters" to me. They should have had their asses kicked, quite hard, arrested and prosecuted.
Peaceful protests are one thing. Violence and rioting are quite another and should be dealt with most harshly.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kai Winters

Except.....why are proper reporters, with obvious credentials hanging on their necks, brutalized???

ANY media.....with proper credentials, after being vetted and presented with the credentials....regardless of the organization they represent....WHY would these people be abused by the 'riot police'???

I mean, a woman who had ACCESS to the floor of the RNC convention, when alerted to the abuse of power, outside, by the 'police', against her colleagues....naturally went out to ask about it, and in turn, was arrested herself!!!!

Doesn't anyone see the problem here>>>????

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Kai Winters

Except.....why are proper reporters, with obvious credentials hanging on their necks, brutalized???

ANY media.....with proper credentials, after being vetted and presented with the credentials....regardless of the organization they represent....WHY would these people be abused by the 'riot police'???

I mean, a woman who had ACCESS to the floor of the RNC convention, when alerted to the abuse of power, outside, by the 'police', against her colleagues....naturally went out to ask about it, and in turn, was arrested herself!!!!

Doesn't anyone see the problem here>>>????

People might see a problem here if they believed any of it was true. This entire story reaks of BS. It's all hearsay, and none of it means anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

I don't see it as hearsay as it is a first person account. Also being a well known journalist on top of it. Look, I do not agree with these so called anarchists, but do not bunch them all together. That is being ignorant.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well... consider it....if you will.Who would be protesting at a Republican convention? Democrats...Liberals?..ultra liberals?
Probably,without proof but, hard to know.

If we concede that the protestors are of an opposing view-
chances are great, that non Republicans were in the violent melee.
It did seem over the top, but again, we are not seeing all of the action.
I was present at peace rallies in the 60's and early 70's, and in mayhem, you cannot know- facts. Once panic sets in, even the most placid person can be a maniac.You have no way to know, what caused the police response. I am disturbed to not have seen any coverage whatsoever of this event.

Now....my question: were there dissenters/protesters outside of the Democratic convention? Is possible that no opposition Republicans made an appearance ?Hmmm. I wonder why. Maybe security was impenetrable ?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Isn't the RNC and DNC good examples of the proper use of our right to assemble and have free speech? I think so.

What are the protesters doing? They are trying to deny Americans rights to assemble and speek freely. I find this of the highest hyprocracy.

So...you want to protest huh? How about getting involved with the party of your choice and and make a difference in your future instead of sitting around on your arse until RATM has a concert for you to attend, and start threatening to "Rage". Hmm, that sounds like a real good start to a non-violent protest.

Oh and this is a "Police State"? Thats laughable. If this were a police state, I'm guessing the bullets would be made of somthing other than rubber.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Volton]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join