It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WAS THERE: The protest march on the RNC in Saint Paul 9-2-08: FULL REPORT

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Here's another tip for you, genius, real change is said and done with your votes, not with a mass riot.

voting is a veneer to conceal the fact that The People of this country have absolutely no power at all within the government. Take off your naivety goggles anytime you want to wake up and see reality for what it really is. Voting will not remedy any of this countries woes because the votes are pointless.

It's all a ruse. The democrats, the republicans ect.; there are no such factions. It's all an act so they can keep themselves in power and everyone else as indentured servants. They control the main media and the masses of morons. What's the easiest way to win something??? Make sure you're playing both sides. These people don't gamble.

The Elite will continue to be The Elite; and you will continue to be a glorified slave . . . Pick your poison with your vain votes all you like; it's poison non the less.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
I will not be backtracking anywhere for the likes of you. I have been 100% truthful in the presenting of what I saw. Yes I have an opinion and I added that. I told you about the strange behavior of a man and my opinion that he was a provocateur.

1) I am sure you have been truthful about most of it, you just have added your opinions and spin to all of it to make it out to be the way you want it to look.

2) Now you say it was your opinion the man was a provocateur, but your OP did not say it was your opinion. You said "I knew he was a Police or Government Hired Provocateur!"

Proof? I told you what I saw. I am the witness. I didn’t ask him if he was a provocateur if that’s what you are wondering.

So one guy with a clear agenda says something and you think we should take it as proof? I wonder if you believe that for anything or just for things that fit your side.

Since when is a bunch of people walking and signing songs mayhem or chaos?

It's not, but when people in the crowd start breaking windows, throwing bleach on people and all of the other things widely reported then it becomes mayhem and chaos.

You are DARN RIGHT I partook in the march. And I am not ashamed or afraid of it.

If I am a domestic terrorist than so is 50% of US citizens!

Its because of brainwashed fools like YOU that we live in a police state.

[edit on (9/4/08) by AllSeeingI]

1) So you are saying that about 125 million people in this country partake in protests? I am really trying hard not to laugh at how ignorant it is to think that.

2) Brainwashed fools? I'd say that people like you are as big of brainwashed fools as anyone else.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Unfortunate are the protesters that were creating a ruckus and being uncivilized. for the most were just raging against their own for the biological inadequacies that well up with heightened hormonal inflictions.
Instead of flash bangs and teargas, police should have passed out lollipop pacifiers.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well golly gee whiz, those poor people out there just peacefully protesting.

Of course the writer of this piece didn't bother to look at the liberal medias coverage of the same events. Even MSNBC (which is openly campaigning for Obama) showed rioting, breaking of store windows, theft of goods, attacks on the police by the "peaceful" types, etc.

But of course, it is the nasty Republicans fault, isn't it? They forced those people to cover their faces and throw urine, acid, and other harmful things at the police.

Sorry, but if you want sympathy, then act like civilized people. If you revolt, then expect that the police will react, and you may very well end up in jail.

Those that did end up arrested, or whacked with a night stick very clearly deserved what happened to them. They provoked the police, they attacked the police and private property, they turned into nothing more than thieving rioters. You all didn't want to peacefully protest, you wanted to riot, and you were not allowed to get away with it.

Too bad, so sad.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Oh yes, the idea that 50% of the people in the US support the protesters.

Strange, but not one poll shows this. In fact, just the opposite is shown by the polls. They show that less than 1% of the people in the USA support the protesters.

And why doesn't this author address the thefts by the protesters?

Why doesn't this author address the throwing of bleach, urine and excrement by the protesters?

Why doesn't this author address the rioting done by those "protesters"?

He doesn't address those things because he knows full well that there was nothing peaceful about this bunch of radicals.

Instead, they set out to provoke the police, and then they cry like little babies because they ended up with a bit more than they had counted on.

And funny thing, but in this "police state", I can move anywhere I wish without having to register with the police. You can't do that in much of Europe.

In Canada, you can be arrested, or fined massive amounts of money, for expressing an opinion that offends someone else. There is no such things as freedom of speech there, or in most of Europe.

I can "drop out" and nobody gives a damn here. You can't do that in Europe.

Everyone in this country can obtain an education, at any age, but you can't do that in Europe. Over there, if you aren't identified as one of the "best and brightest" as a teen, you will never be able to attend a University. But in this country, we have people that are late bloomers, and they don't start college until their 30's, 40's, or even later.

No, we have no police state in the USA. But they do have a police state in Canada and in much of Europe.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The OP claims he was there, but posts no evidence to that claim. You guys call yourself conspiracy theorists? Should have been a red flag right there. Stop believing every BS post that goes against the mainstream, you just wind up looking naive.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Unkle Greggo]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You must have your head in a hole. You compared the Minn/St. Paul republican convention police protection with an Obama political rally police presence, in the same city. If you want to make an even and reasonable comparison then compare it to the the massive and might I add needed police presence at the DNC in Denver complete with a chicken wire warehouse article link. Sounds to me like you were wanting a little "action" yourself but just could not get it done. Sounds as though the police were just doing what we tax payers pay them to do, which is protect the public from a bunch of hippie wanna-bes who don't even know what the real hippie movement stood for. I was present during the real peace movement of the 60's and early 70's which was about peace. That was much different to a bunch of trouble making skin head anarchist getting together to have some fun. That insults my intelligence.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I enjoyed the report and I am pleased to see political concern in the younger Americans. I hope to see more political awareness from you and others like you. It is exactly what this country needs.

Make a special note to yourself and others who would wish to attend and document these types of events. In a conflict, the historical representation is always awarded to those who have either won the conflict or those who have provided the best documentation of the conflict. If you are out numbered and over powered, do not be "out camera’d", so to say.

The stories that contrast your report gain notoriety, if for no other reason, simply because the opposition has sound bite and video bite, in sufficient quantity to do so. So noted are those who cover an event with video footage of the entire event, start to finish, as they have the ability to "edit" in accordance to their will, opinion, or political orientation.

Everyone has an agenda, everyone has an opinion, everyone has a belief, always remember this and it will benefit you, over those who deny these facts.

I am one who was there in the sixties and seventies and remember the times well enough to note certain similarities between then and now. I would remind everyone that laws must be altered and then maintained in a way to assure that the enforcers of the law are held equally accountable for their own actions as to those they serve or administer. If not, we will continue to have a mob of armed thugs in control of our streets and homes.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sheila947

I've seen anti-flag live and i can assure you that there were none of those stereotypical punks you speak of with docs on kicking eachother. In fact I have never seen any of that nonsense at any punk concerts I have attended, and i have been to alot of concerts, people just go to listen to the music.

some of the complete and udder ignorance on this thread is quite disturbing.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So basically what your telling me is that I should vote for a guy that has some close criminal associates, gets suspect loans for his mansion, refuses to wear a flag lapel and won't put his hand on his heart during the pledge of allegiance, not to mention that his wife is finally proud of her country because her husband is running for president? Are you freaking nuts???? I do not like republican leadership any more than you do; however, that does not mean I am going to sell out to a man who has ties and very close ones with people so anti-American it would make every communist alive proud. We may in fact need a democrat in office, but not the one that's offered. This man stands at a pulpit trying to play off a Greek background of columns as American. I will give the man credit for one thing, he will bring about change, but not the change any of us wants. I would almost think by the biased of your report that you somehow work for the democrats. Do you admire Obama's ridicule of America? America does not need Obama, nor do we need John McCain, we need Ron Paul, unfortunately this will not happen, so what is left is a man that has at least demonstrated his patriotism and a man who basically hates what we are, the choice does not appear overly difficult.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Anybody care to draw a parallel with Tianamen Square. Please compare and contrast if you're up on both.

reply to post by weedwhacker

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
After looking through, reading the information, and watching all the videos and looking at all the images - one thing became clear to me - from start to finish, AllSeeingI hit the nail on the head with the entire scene for what happened there.

All those not believing there were police led provocateurs in the crowd - it should have become crystal clear once watching the videos showing that everyone in the crowd with their faces covered up were part of the police - and they were the ones instigating ALL of the violence that I saw!

GREAT reporting everyone!

Scenes like this is why the US needs a change in the top levels of government! If the cops were here to serve the people, everything would have gone differently...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Originally posted by RFBurns
Sounds to me like it was a perfect opportunity for Alex Jone's "government round up of the crazies" squad to move in and would have had a field day and collected their weeks pay along with what sounds like a mass collection of crazies!

Welp..looks like they missed out!

Cheers!!!

A mass collection of crazies?

Forget you!
This was a collection of war vets, grandmothers, children, students, handicapped, and everyday wage slaves.

All of whom are peace activists. Its people like you who should face a line of rubber bullets and tear gas.

[edit on (9/3/08) by AllSeeingI]

So what your saying here is that you would wish for another American to face a line of bullets? Before you come in here and try to insult our intelligence, I would highly recommend that you develop some of your own. You say this is a group of grandmothers, vets children, students, handicap, and wage slaves? I say it's a group of drugged up or drunken anarchists> In what society do you think it is acceptable to throw bleach and urine at people break out windows and act like thugs on a weekend get away? Is this what you want for your kids? I fully understand that with youth comes naivety, I have been there as I am sure most of the other readers here has. This is one of the reasons that societies throughout history has turned to the elders for wisdom. Obama is playing off the naivety of America's youth and as with half the country, he obviously has you fooled as well. Did you honestly think that you could throw urine and bleach on people, light fires and destroy property without retribution? Sounds to me like you ate a few too many mushrooms before the show man.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Good thread man it's unbelievable what's unfolding before our eyes...you american citizens are the front line right now, and you're up to the task. They've already lost.

One thing I would like to say though, and this is in no way meant with the slightest hint of disrespect, is that the march was an 'anti-war' march as opposed to a 'peace' march. The emphasis was on the negative, the 'anti', and this alone will be enough excuse for the authorities to justify their actions...Mother Theresa never went on a 'protest' march, because she understood this. 'Show me a peace march and I'll join', she said. Focus on the positive. Peace.

God luck America. We're awake and we're with you x

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It could be that I just got done playing Half Life 2 and beating it, but these videos keep reminding me of when the people (rebels in half life) keep protesting against the police (combine). Basically in that game they had the world in a police state thing. They would barge into people rooms and raid the place for pretty much no reasons except for them being a rebel. But this video is absolutely horrible. All you see is people crying/weezing because of the gas and people being in shock. It disgusts me that these things are going on.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kokuryu

All those not believing there were police led provocateurs in the crowd - it should have become crystal clear once watching the videos showing that everyone in the crowd with their faces covered up were part of the police - and they were the ones instigating ALL of the violence that I saw!

Please explain how it is clear.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Nazis started with peaceful protests look where that wound up. Supporting ideals are great but even Martin Luther King realized violence will get you know where. Once damage was being done yeah the police came down heavy handed but they where dealing with rioters in several different locations you did not see everything or where you there when they were throwing sand bags on busses under the overpass too? Or the windows being smashed or the video I saw of people tearing down a street sign.Oh and Rage against the machine is definitely anarchists that was there appeal. Was this the 1st time you heard of them I can send you some songs if you like have several albums this was done for publicity there getting older now not as popular as they once where. But throw them in with a group that was already trying to cause trouble it’s a bad combination which wouldn’t lead to a peaceful outcome.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Anybody care to draw a parallel with Tianamen Square. Please compare and contrast if you're up on both.

Tianamen Square: Chinese military rolled tanks over protesters and made them kneel for public executions via a bullet to the dome.

St Paul: Protesters act far more animalistic than the Chinese did while police use nonlethal methods to disperse the agitated mob.

Comparisons: few
Contrasts: Many

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join