It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Flexitarians': Vegetarians who eat meat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
CONCORD, New Hampshire (AP) -- Even after five years, Christy Pugh has no trouble sticking to her vegetarian regimen.
How is it possible that a vegetarian eats meat but still considers themselves a vegetarian??

CNN

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Easy. They're not vegetarians. They are guilty meat eaters that don't want to admit they eat meat.

In other words. They are completely full of #...

JON

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hey lets just call em omnivores

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
"In other words. They are completely full of #..."

Or meat lol

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A more accurate name for them would be fullof#itarians.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I've got a cousin like that, he's vegetarian until he gets hungry.

I think they just think it makes them 'interesting' to say they're vegetarian. Sad really.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

"Sometimes I feel like I'm a bad vegetarian, that I'm not strict enough or good enough

Plain and simple, she's not a vegetarian. As someone mentioned, she's an omnivore, like most people.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Easy. They're not vegetarians. They are guilty meat eaters that don't want to admit they eat meat.

In other words. They are completely full of #...

Exactly. Either you eat meat or you dont. They are not vegetarians. They are a$$holes.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sounds like a SENSABLE eater to me. Just vegies, no way. Why take vitamins for something you can get from just eating right. Scrap the "vegetarian" title.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I was on a very self-righteous veggie kick for one month. I initially went on it for spiritual reasons, and in honor of my adorable cat--I thought, how could I eat animal flesh when such a good buddy of mine is herself an animal? And pigs are highly intelligent, dammit!

I annoyed my friends to no end with guilt-trips and statistics, and smugly blessed the birds and beasts wherever I passed them by. I obtained most of my protein sources from eggs and soy. I lost a lot of weight, got red spots on my body, and eventually fainted in a subway car.

I respect vegetarians (and these "flexies") very much for their beliefs. But I need protein, dammit! I can't eat tofu pressed in the shape of a chicken-leg--I need a real chicken leg. Plus I realized that my kitty, destroyer of many a small creature and vomiter of many a can of "vegan" cat food, couldn't give a damn one way or another.

But I do think that in the future, say 20 years from now, we will be forced to drastically cut back on our meat-eating, especially beef, considerably, due to environmental and population concerns--raising cattle as a food source is woefully inefficient.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
They are like those people who are in their second virginity. The want to be able to say they are even if they are not. They should be called attentiontarians.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
CC.: "But I do think that in the future, say 20 years from now, we will be forced to drastically cut back on our meat-eating, especially beef, considerably, due to environmental and population concerns--raising cattle as a food source is woefully inefficient."

You could be right. Check out a 30 year old movie called Soylent Green. It's truely frightening how things may progress.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
They are not claiming to be vegetarians...the article is about people who still eat meat, but try to eat more vegetables as part of a healthy lifestyle, as opposed to true vegetarians who usually do it for the morale aspect and movement to "save the animals".

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I wonder if there's such a thing as a meatarian?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I wonder if there's such a thing as a meatarian?

If there is then Im it!!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think this group of people just came up with a name for themselves to make themselves feel special. Just say it: "Im a flexitarian"

Makes you feel cool, huh?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Vegetarian-One who eats no meat, poultry, or seafood

I don't eat red meat or poultry but I do eat seafood, and I don't go around telling people I'm a vegetarian because then I would be a liar. Flexitarian=stupid title for someone who wants to be called a vegetarian but not a liar.

What I think is hilarious is people who claim to be vegans and walk around wearing Uggs.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
meatitarian, only eats # that eats # (also known as carnivore)

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think its cool that people are paying attention to thier health and other animals. I dont care what they think of themselves thats totally besides the point, but its what the immature want to argue about.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
A more accurate name for them would be fullof#itarians.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by kinglizard]

hah, good one...

pretty much what everyone here is saying..

top topics

join