It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman urges voters to cross party lines [and vote McCain]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut, the Democrats’ vice presidential nominee in 2000, urged Democrats to cross party lines Tuesday night and cast their votes for Sen. John McCain of Arizona, telling them they could “always count on him to be straight with you about where he stands and to stand for what he thinks is right regardless of politics.”

I guess he is actually living up to his 'Independent' status. I have to say I'm more than a little surprised, as I thought he was an I in name only.

“What, after all, is a Democrat like me doing at a Republican convention like this?” Lieberman asked.

His answer: “I’m here to support John McCain because country matters more than party.”

Bully to you, Joe, for proving me wrong. At least values matter more than party lines to one politician out there.

The person with the 2nd greatest right to still be pissed off about the 2000 election...is endorsing a Republican. This is what America is about, people. It's too bad MoveOn.org can't take their own damn advice.

Lieberman to voters: cross party lines

new topics

join