It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Republicans Attract Minorities?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sheila947

give me a source to check and I'll look it over.

By the way who is the majority then according to your demographics?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

America is on a projection to other races being the majority and whites being the minority by 2050.

link

Executive Summary If current trends continue, the population of the United States will rise to 438 million in 2050, from 296 million in 2005, and 82% of the increase will be due to immigrants arriving from 2005 to 2050 and their U.S.-born descendants, according to new projections developed by the Pew Research Center. Of the 117 million people added to the population during this period due to the effect of new immigration, 67 million will be the immigrants themselves and 50 million will be their U.S.-born children or grandchildren. Among the other key population projections: • Nearly one in five Americans (19%) will be an immigrant in 2050, compared with one in eight (12%) in 2005. By 2025, the immigrant, or foreign-born, share of the population will surpass the peak during the last great wave of immigration a century ago.

link

Study Sees Non-Hispanic Whites Shrinking to Minority Status in U.S. By SARAH GARLAND, Staff Reporter of the Sun | February 12, 2008 * COMMENT * | * SHARE * | * PRINT * | * EMAIL * Add to del.icio.us * Add to Digg * Add to Facebook * Add to Newsvine America could come to resemble New York City by 2050, when one in five residents will have been born in another country if immigration flows hold at the current rate, a study published yesterday by the Pew Hispanic Center said. The study's projections found that non-Hispanic whites will become a minority in less than 50 years, while both the Hispanic and Asian populations will have tripled in size.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sheila947

Don't you know that the whitey is the minority now.. recheck your demographics.

your source doesn't match what you said but I see the point you are trying to make.

But I have also read sources that Democrats will prosper the most from this change. Will try to find source for you.

If Republicans want a big piece of the pie they need to start advertising more minorities as future leaders.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
i will tell you why because black people can see through the bull# that Republicans tell everyone. white people cant do it as well. I would also like to say that its not because barrack is black either.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Um, because minorities top the lists of those who receive the copious hand-outs of the left? Their votes and loyalty have been bought, plain and simple. Not much different from Obama's talk of tax rebates via oil company taxation...promise the voter's a bribe to get votes. Disgusting, but very much a part of politics on the left.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

on the left huh,oh republicans never do that

italicized = sarcasm

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by oatie

In general, no, they don't. They have other slimy tactics that they prefer. Both sides do a bit of everything, of course, but both sides also have some mainstays, and indirect bribes have been a staple of the left for decades. Which is what is relevant to the question posed by the OP.

God, there is nothing I hate more that people who fight blindly for a party. They both are a bunch of crooks. Picking a side is only making yourself an accomplice. lol

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Reasons why republicans are unable to gather minority voters is because what you just witnessed in during the RNC belittling community organizers. Community organizers are people like :

Martin Luther King Jr.
Cesar Chavez
Jane Addams
Ernesto Cortes
Samuel Gompers
John Lewis

I can go on but it would just be easier if people would search on wikipedia on what a community organizer does.

The irony is that John McCain is trying to appeal to the average middle class, the people who are suffering the most with the economic troubles, and these are the people that I listed above are the people who fought for them. It shows that the GOP doesn't understand, that they are out of touch, and not only that but they are the ELITE!!!

Obama has been involved with the working class and has served their interest. The GOP confirmed it last night.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oatie

Do you really feel that blacks can see through the BS or could it be that most minorities are more prone to accept what the MSM , families, or friends say.

One have to ask how thoroughly minorities research the issues that affect their communities the most IMO.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
According to the Washington Post:

Only 36 of the 2,380 delegates seated on the convention floor are black, the lowest number since the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies began tracking diversity at political conventions 40 years ago. Each night, the overwhelmingly white audience watches a series of white politicians step to the lectern -- a visual reminder that no black Republican has served as a governor, U.S. senator or U.S. House member in the past six years.

I will say it again the Republicans will only be able to attract serious numbers of minorities to the "not so big tent party" when they themselves get over their own minorities problem.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I know my history and you didn't read my post.

The south bolted the Democratic party for the Republicans because of their (the Democrats) changed position on civil rights. In short the two parties effectively switched positions over civil rights between the late 40's and the late 60's.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I have read several comments how the audience in the Republican Convention were or are basically white. This is a true statement and I don't expect it to change.

Republicans have a real crisis on their hands if they don't find a way to attract more minorities in the near future.

the gop was founded as the anti-slavery party

martin luther-king was a republican

all the original black senators were republicans

the dems oppress minorities, by ensuring that they never rise above dependance on government handouts, from cradle to grave

a vile form of slavery... the dems prey on minorities by playing to their weaknesses and fears, and perpetuating racial stereotypes to the same end...

all for the sake of political power.... they employ fear and ingorance...

this, in addition to the facism and thought-policing of political correctness

and the insistence on human sacrifice in the form of casual abortion at the slightest perceived inconvenience is also a source of power for the left...

-----

The Smartest Voters On Earth!

Just watch this, you can actually feel your I.Q. drop:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHadji
Reasons why republicans are unable to gather minority voters is because what you just witnessed in during the RNC belittling community organizers. Community organizers are people like :

Martin Luther King Jr.
Cesar Chavez
Jane Addams
Ernesto Cortes
Samuel Gompers
John Lewis

I can go on but it would just be easier if people would search on wikipedia on what a community organizer does.

fine people, sure, but qualified to be president? more experience than being a governor? or even a mayor? not even close... the gop's vice president nom is more experienced than the dems presidential nom!

The irony is that John McCain is trying to appeal to the average middle class, the people who are suffering the most with the economic troubles, and these are the people that I listed above are the people who fought for them. It shows that the GOP doesn't understand, that they are out of touch, and not only that but they are the ELITE!!!

the elite didnt serve in vietnam, they stayed home and got harvard law degrees and rhodes scholarships... sound familiar?

has obama worked a day in his life? i mean real work, like the average american...

Obama has been involved with the working class and has served their interest. The GOP confirmed it last night.

pah, he will tax the working class to pieces. dont believe it?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

the gop was founded as the anti-slavery party

martin luther-king was a republican

all the original black senators were republicans

This is all great but reflects the past.

What do they have to do to get more minorities to start joining their party?

I think this is a major issue for them and as of late they haven't put forth the effort to show how they are accomplishing this.

I honestly feel they have to start advertising more minorities and giving them position of importance within the party asap.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I honestly feel they have to start advertising more minorities and giving them position of importance within the party asap.

Ummm...

Oh, that's right, Powell, Rice, Sowell, Thomas, Willimas aren't really black. At least they aren't "black enough" whatever that means. Not like Nagin or Kilpatrick or McKinney. Apparently you have to an incompetent psychopath bordering on (if not already) criminal to be considered "black enough"?

Edited to add:

Maybe a free subscription to Black Republican magazine should be sent to every home along with a handy helper to read it?
www.nbra.info...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
That's my point.

They are black and black enough.

But where were these prominent Black republicans during the Convention?

How many of them have spoken on behalf of the Republicans?

I know that the Republicans have some good minorities that could serve them well but they are not the ones doing the interviews or speaking for the Republicans.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Why?

"Hey everyone, come look at the black guy we got!"

That's why.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the propoganda spread by the left that dems are minorities only friends doesnt help...

often, once minorities become financially successful, they tend to become more conservative... another reason dems like to keep 'em oppressed...

i have many black friends, we all do very well, and they're often more conservative than i am!

if you can believe that!

some kind if education campaign to educate minorities that you do not have to be dependent of the table scraps dems throw you, that you can be successful and smart without being an 'unca tom' or a sell out, or 'acting white'

the problem is, some communities are like a bucket of crabs, when one tries to climb out, the rest pull 'em back in... and that suits dems just fine...

i saw plenty of minorities at the gop convention, even though it seemed like the camera ops attempted to avoid them when possible... the same ops who couldnt show palins teleprompter enough!

bias; seems like its everywhere...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Republicans dont pander to groups based on race, thats why. Democrats are the most racist people I know, they look down at every race but white, whereas republicans dont care what you are.

Republicans dont vote by groups, minorities do because they are greedy and only think about their own damn group, instead of whats best for the country as a whole.

More democrats presidents have started and gotten us into wars than republican, the democrats invented the draft, you want to blame soemone for sending kids off to die, blame kennedy and johnson.

Todays military is a voluntary one, you dont have to join.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

My point isn't qualifications my point is why they cant pick up minorities, they mocked martin luther king jr.'s life long work as a reverend, mocked labor unions, and mocked womens sufforage ( susan b anthony was a community organizer round people up for a common cause for women's rights).

These are people who bring unity in the community and advocate change. And these people are the people you read in history books, who have done more great to the country that any mayor or governor of Alaska has done.

Another thing Obama was to too young to serve in Vietnam, you my friend need a reminder or how long ago vietnam took place.

And yes I don't believe he will work the taxing class to pieces, our country has done a whole lot better with out a fiscal conservative as a president for the last several years, Bill Clinton "Tax and Spend" who remembers that argument and how many middle class was better of with him. Get a new argument i watched the RNC heard nothing but sarcasm and lies, Palin was for the bridge to nowhere before she was against it, she switched sides when people started raising questions about it, and took more pork-barrel spending then any other mayor-governor of Alaska before her.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by DocHadji]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join