It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Republicans Attract Minorities?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

Originally posted by thematrix
How could a party filled with people who honnestly feel they are Above and more worthy then everyone else attract any minoritys who exist because they are groups suffering discrimination by people who think they are above and more worthy then everyone else?

Scroll about half way down and look at the red/blue state maps and the following chart.

Or this one...

You must be talking about dems.

11/21/2005
For the fourth year running, New Hampshire was the most miserly state, according to the Catalogue of Philanthropy's Generosity Index. Mississippi remained at the top for generosity.

the 10 most generous states were, in descending order, Mississippi, Arkansas, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, Utah, South Carolina and West Virginia.

The 10 stingiest, starting from the bottom, were New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Hawaii and Michigan.

In the '04 elections the 10 stingiest states all voted dem.

You don't need me to tell you who the 10 most generous states voted for.

sorry wrong link.

here

www.fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

How could a party filled with people who honnestly feel they are Above and more worthy then everyone else attract any minoritys who exist because they are groups suffering discrimination by people who think they are above and more worthy then everyone else?

Scroll about half way down and look at the red/blue state maps and the following chart.

Or this one...

11/21/2005
For the fourth year running, New Hampshire was the most miserly state, according to the Catalogue of Philanthropy's Generosity Index. Mississippi remained at the top for generosity.

the 10 most generous states were, in descending order, Mississippi, Arkansas, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, Utah, South Carolina and West Virginia.

The 10 stingiest, starting from the bottom, were New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Hawaii and Michigan.

sorry wrong link.

here

No, that was the right link, I fully intended to post that.

fivethirtyeight.com?

Do you have any sources that aren't so driven by the left wing agenda?

Your link is nothing but a bunch of mental masturbation displaying the authors dream.

"Electoral projections done right"

Hook-ey-dook-ey

More like electorial speculation gone incredibly wrong.

Does that clown have any credentials?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Or this one...

11/21/2005

sorry wrong link.

here

No, that was the right link, I fully intended to post that.

fivethirtyeight.com?

Do you have any sources that aren't so driven by the left wing agenda?

Your link is nothing but a bunch of mental masturbation displaying the authors dream.

"Electoral projections done right"

Hook-ey-dook-ey

More like electorial speculation gone incredibly wrong.

Does that clown have any credentials?

Unfortunately they have a blog section...

It seems that a few associated have been posting. ( Initially I feel in love with the
sight because it was apparently neutral when I discovered it)

This sight has not been partisan up until the past couple of days.

Regardless the past EC votes section is pure information... The history is laid out
in a very clear manner.

And being a math nerd myself the sight is the largest data pool of any sight I have found... Take it as you will, but you are only getting a very small view of the numbers
if you go of off a GALLUP poll, or a FOX poll...

Parties aside the history these simple charts reveal is amazing.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
RNC its getting better...

I saw 4 black people and five or so asians and at least 30 hispanics

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

pretty easy to spot them I guess.

The website you gave does have a lot of good data. Will have to look into it more. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
asking a question like why cant republicans attract minorities is like asking why do people freebase on their cell phones.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

LOOK! the GOP votes to line the pockets of the rich, they vote down tax cuts for the average AMERICAN time after time.

Really? Is that why the "bush tax cuts for the rich" gave a bigger tax break to the middle class than to the rich? Is that why "the rich|" are paying a higher percentage of taxes now than at any time in history?
Get your facts straight before you try and "tell me" something son. Cause I can guarantee you I will have my facts straight.

GOP talks a mean talk about the unborn, but could care less if every kid is born
with a $33,000.00 share of the national debt.

Right. Tell me son, do you ever appraoch evidence, facts, or reality? Or are you allergic?

It is completely obvious when you read his economic plan,
not one single mention of relief that would benefit 100 - 200 - 300 million AMERICANS???

Then you havent read close enough. He wants to lower the corporate tax rate, which benefits every american. He wants to keep income taxes low, which benefits most americans. Please, for your sake if not mine, stop speaking out of your rear.

business only--- MAINLY BIG BUSINESS and INHERITANCE - HIS small gift for the lightly gilded is PHASING OUT THE ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM TAX.

Youre right that would help you, unless of course you buy from a business, or are employed by a business. And how many people do either of those things?

This economic plan is in essence BUSH's tax plan. There is NO innovation here, and YES I see more of the same.

Sure ya do son. Which is probably why the you keep spouting bumper sticker slogans. Because you have studied the issues so dilligently.

Or did the economy become @#$@#$ by some sort of magic?

over three percent growth last quarter. Thats hardly @#$@!. Of course you would have to actually be paying attention to know that.

DWIGHT EISENHOWER taxed the top 1% at 90%- payed of most of the WWII debt off, paved AMERICA and helped put GIs into homes + education...

And yet the rich pay a higer percentage of taxes today than they did then.

Dont try talking points on me son, I actually think for myself, rather than letting soemone else tell me how the world is. Try it, it really doesnt hurt.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The reason is minorities have learned over the last 60 years to have "Republican Vision", it's simular to heat seeking night vision... causing vast majorities of overlooked, down trodden, racially profiled, violently attacked, bottom of the barrel labeled, higher education witheld minorities to see Republicans for who they really are.

Remember, it often takes generations for people to forget.: duh:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
There are usually four categories that attract people to the Republican party, they are:

1. old

2. rich

3. white

4. wanting to send young people off to die

AND

There are usually four categories that attract people to the Democrat party, they are:

1. young

2. self Centered

3. Naive

4. Unwilling to sacrifice themselves for ANYTHING so that others may live
a better life but are all to willing to hold there own hand out for the for
entitlements

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, unfortunately they all look the same to a Republican. That Biker who saved you? He's the same to the GOP as the two who attacked you. They just see black skin and whip out their white bedsheets and pillow cases and rope. Then wonder why the minorities don't vote for them.

Edit to add

All cities are hell holes. Why? It isn't like small towns where you know your neighbors, know the mail man. We don't have people robbing and raping each other because we know each other. Cities? All strangers, why should x care if they rob y, they don't know y, don't care about y. Why I avoid cities at all costs. Absolute hell holes every single last one of them.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

Your post is why

GOP consistently votes for the ultra rich and in the next breath bats their eyelashes and wonders, why are their only rich old white people in our convention.
Newsflash. The democratic party has more wealthy voters, and donors, than the republican party.

Going off the last presidential election between Kerry and Bush, Bush actually "won" the rich vote.

You were absolutely correct to say that Asians are Americas richest race. If Asian immigrants can come from their native land, settle into a new one, and surpass there "white hosts" what does that tell you about the economic system in America?

The only logical explanation I can think of, is that each racial group's outcome is primarily due to their own actions (or in this case, inactions), rather than the invisible force of the white man. Blame need be placed where the blame need be placed, its that simple. The sooner we come to terms with this, the better.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
National Black Republican Association

www.nbra.info...

I saw plenty young Republicans.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

NONSENSE: The real reason the Republicans have such a problem with minorities is that they have a problem with minorities. The rise of the hard right in the Republican party is directly linked with the bolting of the south from the Democratic party in the 60's over civil rights. For years afterward on of their favorite ploy was to play the race card whenever they could get away with it. Les Atwater played it for Bush senior in 1988 against Dukakis in the infamous Willy Horton ads. Rove played it for bush minor against McCain in South Carolina in 2000 when mailings were sent out suggesting that McCain's adopted Bangledeshi daughter was really the result of an affair with a black prostitute. Then there are the matter of purging the polls in Florida in 2000 where literally thousands of fully qualified voters (almost all from Democratic majority counties were prevented from voting.

With histories like these the Republicans will continue to have problems with race and minorities until they themselves get over it.

You do know that the republican party was formed to end Slavery and grant civil liberties to Blacks right?

You do know that Abe Lincoln was a Republican?

You do know that Governor George Wallace, the guy that tried to keep "the negro" out of public schools was a democrat, don't you?

Some of you have a very strange version of history.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

You do know that Lincoln and the Republican Party was Liberal. You do know that Wallace was Conservative.

Don't they teach this in school any more? The Big Split happened during the civil rights movement. The Democrats split into the liberal Democrats and the Dixiecrats. The Dixiecrats then joined the Republicans as the Republicans became the Conservative Party and the Democrats became the Liberal Party. Before then Liberal or Conservative didn't mean Democrat or Republican.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

YOUR a cheap shill

the national debt $9,000,000,000,000.00 +

SO if you do the MATH ---

SECOND YOUR COMMENT ON TAXES BEING THE HIGHEST IN HISTORY
IS RETARDED.

EISENHOWER R TAXED THE UPPER 1% AT 90% - THE CURRENT RATE FOR THIS BRACKET IS 16%

YOUR a fool of the highest order.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Actually, that's You're a fool, not Your.

But yes the rest is correct.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

YOUR a cheap shill

the national debt $9,000,000,000,000.00 +

SO if you do the MATH ---

I see. The entirity of the US debt is the fault of the republicans. Riiiight.

SECOND YOUR COMMENT ON TAXES BEING THE HIGHEST IN HISTORY
IS RETARDED.
EISENHOWER R TAXED THE UPPER 1% AT 90% - THE CURRENT RATE FOR THIS BRACKET IS 16%

See this is one of those times when reading comprehension becomes important. Despite the tax rate being lower, the rich pay a larger percentage of all taxes collected now, than at any time in history. Under your beloved Eisenhower, they paid less than 15% of all taxes collected. Today the rich pay over 65% of all taxes collected. By the rich of course, I mean the upper 10%.
Yes thats right, the richest 10% of americans pay more than 65% of all the taxes, the botom 50% on the other hand pay 4% of all taxes collected.

YOUR a fool of the highest order.

The definition of Irony.

Originally posted by Krieger

Actually, that's You're a fool, not Your.

But yes the rest is correct.

You were half right.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
There are usually four categories that attract people to the Republican party, they are:

1. old

2. rich

3. white

4. wanting to send young people off to die

wow, im a republican and im

1. young

2. not rich

3. hispanic

4. and love life..

nothing like liberals being sterotypical, i though you all were for love and harmony.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Don't you know that the whitey is the minority now.. recheck your demographics.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
"Usually" Or do we not know what that means?

Also, there are the Log Cabin Republicans. They are gay are Republicans. Of course, the Republicans want them executed... They should probably look at the Libertarians. Unlike the GOP they aren't run by Neocons and Halliburton.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join