It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Women, children' die in coalition raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

'Women, children' die in coalition raid

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

AT least 15 people, including women and children, were killed in northwest Pakistan today in an attack a security official and a witness said was carried out by US forces from Afghanistan.

The attack involving helicopters took place in the village of Angor Adda in the South Waziristan region, a known sanctuary for al Qaeda and Taliban militants, they said.

Pakistani military spokesmen, and US military spokesmen in Afghanistan, were not immediately available for comment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This will be a firm test of the new Pakistani government post Musharraf. I can't see them being too happy about a manned incursion into their territory without prior consent.

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
more proof , that USA is deliberately murdering civilians

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

This will be a firm test of the new Pakistani government post Musharraf. I can't see them being too happy about a manned incursion into their territory without prior consent.

Who says it was without prior consent?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

No, just conjecture on your part based on accounts. The article can't be submitted as proof of intentional murder of civilians.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
What's with the recent uproar of US killing civilians oversees?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have a Pakistani source who is not radical telling me that fixed wing planes bombed the area, Two Chinooks loaded with special ops troops landed under the cover of gunships and removed three high ranking AQ terrorist. Some terrorist family members were caught in the crossfire.

This is a rare gotcha mission by special ops and reportedly the Pakistanis had been on #2s rear for weeks just missing him so I think we just got him.

Hopefully they got the scumbags we have been waiting for.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

It wouldn't surprise me that family members of terrorists were killed, since the terrorists tend to bring their families with them just so they can keep them company when lonely compare to our troops that can't bring their moms and dads and children with them. If the villagers tell the newsies that AQ or Taliban fighters along with families were indeed there, then the killings in the village would be an admission that they were indeed there and justified.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't care who they got, you simply don't go abusing the borders of other countries.

Firing on, or invading (even on a small scale) another country is a declaration of war on that country.

Somebody needs to give these slack jawed idiots a map.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Should tell that to AQ and the Taliban when thinking about maps.
They are hiding in the wrong country.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I don't care who they got, you simply don't go abusing the borders of other countries.

Firing on, or invading (even on a small scale) another country is a declaration of war on that country.

Somebody needs to give these slack jawed idiots a map.

Though its not publicised we did have permision im sure because we just had a long talk with the new PM of Pakistan and the joint cheifs were very pleased at everyone seeing eye to eye so to speak. The Pakistani forces decided to take Ramadan off so we had no other options because they conveiniately decided to go on vacation lol. Figures.

I want you to answer this. How many times has the Teliban and their ISI masters been caught attacking our troops in Afganistan? More times than you can count I bet so your little spat doesnt hold water. The ISI was even recently caught trying to kill Karzi and thats why the U.S. got very stern with them a month or so ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

what coalition?? Oh . sorry you mean the US Military .... or.. hmmm.. cuz..in my mind.. I don't see a 'coalition' forces ANY WHERE in mass as there is with the us ..

but.. yea..

ya .. know.....just like the movie V for Vendetta... some gov goon is gonna make the wrong mistake and the world will be war...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Notice no one cares if it is MEN dying, just "women and children".

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A new article on the intelligence source of this is here.

Suspected US commandos blamed for killing 20 people in Pakistan were acting on faulty intelligence that was never shared with Pakistani forces inside the country, a Pakistani official said.

Nadeem Kiani, a spokesman for the Pakistani embassy in Washington, said the predawn raid near Pakistan's border with Afghanistan in South Waziristan was a violation of Pakistan's sovereign territory.

"The intelligence was not correct and the people who have been killed are unarmed civilians, not militants, and those include women and children," Mr Kiani said.

And here comes the rhetoric:

North West Frontier Province governor Owais Ahmed Ghani said the "outrageous" incident involved coalition helicopter gunships and commandos, and gave an even higher death toll.

"At least 20 innocent citizens of Pakistan including women and children were martyred," he said.

"This is a direct assault on the sovereignty of Pakistan."

[edit on 3/9/08 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Wow the US must have thought someone big was there to just give a go to the mission like that. I suspect they might have been after Osama its suspected he's still hiding in that area. Even Pakistan's army wont go up there. Pretty dumb move though that is the exact reason there taking these terrorists in there homes because of bone headed moves like this. Sniper would have been better target gone no collateral damage and better plausible deniability .Im going to have to contact some friends there and see if they know what happened.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

apparently no consent was given. The US wants to lecture Russia when it protects its citizen in Georgia then go on killing civilians in a sovereign country. Hypocrisy at its finest

new topics

top topics

join