It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in St. Paul during RNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
First off, I did a quick search and having found anything mentioned yet. And also, if this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it.

After reading so much about the DNC activitys, I figured there would be some talk about the RNC and the "protestors". There has been some major distruction and violence in Downtown St Paul. I'm not sure how this compares to the DNC protests, but from what I've seen, this is pretty shocking. I've also seen some harsh force from Police in Riot gear, so I guess it goes both ways.

I realize the MSM outside of the Twin Cities arnt talking about this much, but some of what is going on is just to much to NOT talk about. I should mention too that there is appearently a wharehouse with steel cages & razor barbed wire somewhere in the Twin Cities where some of the 283 arrested on the 1st day were ttaken to. I'm not sure where, and there was only a very small "blurb" on the local news about it. Guess it was simular to the one in Denver at the DNC.

One thing I'll never understand though, is what does the protestors violence accomplish?

Protestors clash with Police on Day 2 of RNC (Video)

Pictures of Protestors (see 3rd album)

Protestors clash with police (Raw video)

4,000 try to break down RNC Fence

Impromptu Rage Against The Machine concert cancelled, angers protestors

Also, theres been rumors in the local media that they (the media) "need to watch their backs" in the next few days, both in terms of gears the media uses, and for personal saftey. I think part of the reason the protestors bringing violance against the MSM is for the way they handle political events and their coveragce, such as the RNC.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Spoontoad]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Spoontoad]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
that impromptu bit was pretty sick. Gotta give rage props for that one.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
What their violence accomplish you ask? Absolutely nothing is the short answer. The long answer is that ot detracts from the message that the real protester wants to bring forth. Im all about protesting and giving people the right to express themselves as long their respect others, private property and abide by the rule of law.

But as always you can find potheads, crackheads and just anarchist anywhere.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Bunch]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I love that those fascist neo-cons got them dems alot better than they are getting us.

lols.

Why is it that these people protest every where, even at the DNC.

And why werent they violent there?

Its gotta be that the facists have agitators in the crowd and want to get these people killed! not just arrested.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
American hero officer nearly bags himself a protestor. Darn, better luck next time sir.
www.youtube.com...

This group thinks it is their street....until they walk into a wall of pepper spray that is. That didn't last long. Wonder what the average IQ is?
www.youtube.com...

These guys pick out a few cops and march at them purposely, smart is not in their genes either but tear gas bombs and flash grenades are.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Nice way to derail my thread to attract attention to your own thread. From my view, with our reading all of the posts, it seems you took stories from the links I had posted, and other sites, and made them your own "experiance". You could have just posted your "experiance" in this thread. A big
for you.

Back on topic: A michigan man was arrested for trying to blow up the Excel Energy Center with bombs. Just saw it on Channel 9 (FOX), and will have to post the link when it's up, but long story short - it was foiled because the plan involved going thru sewer tunnels via manhole covers, which happened to be welded off just a few weeks ago.

Also, as of right now, 400 police in Riot Gear are waiting outside the Target Center (in Minneapolis - about 15 miles from St Paul) waiting for the crowd to get out in annticipation of a major roit.

Related to toits, the Ramsey County Sheriffs office today admitted they have "informants" within the protestors them selves to gather information (which lead to 8 arrests before the RNC even started), and to "view" what the protestors are doing and hopefully indentify them.

I just got home, so I'll search for the links later.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Here is one of the articles I found.
Dozens arrested after leaving 'Rage Against The Machine' concert

I'll find more after I sleep a few hours. What I find disturbing is that, while this concert was held in Minneapolis (Hennipen County), they were brought to the Ramsey County jail (St Paul). My question is WHY?

If they broke the law in a certain county, shouldn't they be booked in that same county? Why transfer them to the county (and city) where the RNC is being held? Maybe to boost arrest numbers for the MSM??

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Spoontoad]

top topics

join