It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

clouds on mars.... alright, cool

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
so did a search and didn't find anything about this but supposedly, there are clouds on mars so you all would LOVE to see this...... john lear and sleeper just may be right.

NAh!!! humans are the only inteligent species in the universe, right!!!!!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

enjoy. looks like rains coming!!!!

[edit on C
20082008-09-03T00:41:02-05:00u09America/Chicago9 by FremenBlueEyes]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
That was indeed very cool, thanks for posting it. I have to ask however, why your decision to post it in the aliens ufo forum. Don't mean to belittle you it is just that you haven't made a comment for me to understand it needing posted here.
Regardless,
Thanks much!
Vance

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This isnt a new discovery. There are other rover images that show clouds in the Martian sky..just not animated with a series of stills put together to make an animation.

And of course, Never Admits Something Absolute...puts it all out in black and white instead of color.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
the reason i posted it here is because everything dealing with mars is always posted in this forum, whether it be a simple picture of some weird formation or interesting natural event on mars, it is always posted here. why, because it means that there could have been, and may still be, life on mars. which is something alien in my mind.

don't you think?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
but, still. this shows that there is somewhat of an atmosphere on mars. that is something to get excited about, yeah????!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yes I would agree that its quite a sight to see, especially when its a series of stills so that we can see the movement of the clouds.

But its not new. The MOC camera has captured clouds in the atmosphere of Mars, as well as Spirit and Opportunity rovers.

What really makes it exciting is that these clouds may be more than what Never Anything Seriously Admitted conglomorate says..that they are just co2 clouds. They could be clouds just like our clouds here on Earth.

With the recent Pheonix findings, that there is water that seeps up from the ground, freezes at a certian time of day, then evaporates into the atmosphere, this can conclude that after a long time of doing this, this water vapour is accumilating in the atmosphere and forming clouds, just as it does here on Earth.

Remember, we always get the "Never A Straight Answer" from No Anomaly Seriously Admitted bunch.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

i have never seen, with my own eyes, definitive clouds fowing in the atmosphere of mars. to me, that is pretty exciting stuff. they are saying that they are made of ice, so that means more water. what i do not understand is why this is not a top story in the news but rather a lowly subversive story.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
but, still. this shows that there is somewhat of an atmosphere on mars. that is something to get excited about, yeah????!!!!

thats something i picked up too after reading the article

The images were taken as part of a campaign to see clouds and track wind. These are clearly ice clouds,"

if there is wind wouldnt there be air (oxygen)?
or would this be CO2 wind?

is there any such thing as wind made of carbon dioxide?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Demandred]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well for one reason Never Admits Something Absolute bunch doesnt say anything about it is because it would not only stirr up a huge controversy into their 30+ year old, long string of lies to the American tax payers who pay for these missions, it tarnishes their "ego" and "pride" that Now Another Silly Analysis degreed scientists and planitary geologists have been thought of as the smartest bunch on the planet....and with admittance of something different by these very same people..that would definately ruin the grand plan.

Its really quite simple for them to just come forth and admit the truth and move on with missions and giving us the whole truth. That would be the ideal situation.

But you know as I do, there are still those in this world that "cant handle the truth". And there are those that are in control and want to remain in control, and hord all this marvelous discovery to themselves.

In the end, its all about control. The best weapon of control is controlling the flow of information.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

i would say that, yes, there is oxygen in those clouds because they are calling them ice clouds. and there is oxygen in ice because it is made with water, which has oxygen. right???

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Wind..as you are referencing it..here on Earth is made up of oxygen and nitrogen and other trace elements, including co2.

Now on Mars..as we have been told since forever, its all co2.

Both examples..Earth and Mars, have an atmosphere of gasses.

Our wind is made up of gasses.

The wind on Mars is made up of gasses.

Yes you can have a wind of co2 gas.

But no doubt..that on Mars...its far more than just co2 gas blowing about up there.

Water is H2O"..the "O" being OXYGEN. Yes if the clouds contain any water vapour, it will have this oxygen element within them too.

Cheers!!!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
call me an idealist but i see this as a very slow IV drip of a disclouure to wake up to the masses.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

You hit the nail squarely on the head!

Even back in the hey day of that infamous document from Brookings, within that document states that a steady and slow drip of truth would be let out to educate the public.

The problem tho is that this drip, until recently, has been so tiny that the drip is overwhelmed by ridicule and skepticisim.

But today, this drip is a bit bigger and has more evidence along with it to support what many have already suspected..and known.

We can only hope that the drip size continues to get larger and continues to flow, and perhaps increase to a nice smooth running faucet of truth.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes

i would say that, yes, there is oxygen in those clouds because they are calling them ice clouds. and there is oxygen in ice because it is made with water, which has oxygen. right???

as far as i was aware yes, but were dealing with NASA here i wanted to straighten that point before they try telling me its something comletely different...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Wind..as you are referencing it..here on Earth is made up of oxygen and nitrogen and other trace elements, including co2.

Now on Mars..as we have been told since forever, its all co2.

Both examples..Earth and Mars, have an atmosphere of gasses.

Our wind is made up of gasses.

The wind on Mars is made up of gasses.

Yes you can have a wind of co2 gas.

But no doubt..that on Mars...its far more than just co2 gas blowing about up there.

Water is H2O"..the "O" being OXYGEN. Yes if the clouds contain any water vapour, it will have this oxygen element within them too.

Cheers!!!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by RFBurns]

so in theory it wouldnt be difficult to establish a breathable atmosphere over a period of a couple of hundred years if the gasses are already present?

sorry but chemistry has never been one of my strong points ..

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Demandred]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Theoretically, if there was enough water vapour evaporating into the atmosphere, and if the atmosphere has the required pressures to sustain the proper gasses to form a breathable environment, it can develop into a habitable planet.

Earth went through this process during its development eons ago. It too was once a ball of poison gasses. Then it developed into a habitable world.

There are suspicions that Mars was once habitable, and this could be true. Something happend that stripped away its breathable air and water, and it is possible now that the planet is moving towards what it once was.

We may be seeing right before our own eyes, natures way of terraforming a world. In this case with Mars...terraforming it back to what it once was.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ok, I see now where you are going with this and why it is posted here- well now I do. Well, I won't get on about NASA and alleged lies but I did enjoy the animation. I will leave the unproven to the rest of you.
Out of here,
Vance

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Chemistry is not my specialty either. But apply a dose of common sense to all of this.

We are seeing evidence through the Pheonix data recently aquired, that water is indeed just below the surface. We know that this water turns into ice, and then it remelts and evaporates into the Martian atmosphere. Past images of clouds have been taken and we know that from past studies that Mars also goes through seasonal changes. We know that the ice caps at the north and south change with these seasonal shifts.

There are obvious things going on up there on Mars that do not really require any major degree or huge library of analyisis.

Sometimes...as Einstein put it..."simplicity is the sincerest form of science".

If it looks like a duck, quack likes a duck, walks like a duck...then its a duck.

Granted there needs to be more analysis and a few more missions sent to Mars to verify and confirm whats going on up there. We must also remember that for years we have been told one thing, and now we are seeing something different. There will be debate till we all turn blue in the face about this.

But the neat thing to it all is that there is "data", real hard data to debate with. Once it was just suspicion and guessing, but now there is evidence that points to what many have been assuming for years, that Mars has more to it than what "Never Admits Something Absolute" has been saying.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Demand, to answer the question you pose about making a breathable atmosphere after a certain number of years (actually, to be habitable on the surface for shirt-sleeved humans, it's the pressure too) there is a trilogy of wonderful science fiction, the three books are 'Red Mars', 'Green Mars' and 'Blue Mars'. (sorry, I forget the author....want to say Greg Bear..)

Anyway, I am just as prone to any NASA deceptions/disinfo as most of us...but unless they are lying through their teeth about the surface temps, it seems unlikely that a thick atmosphere exists at present....likely did in the past.

However, even as thin as the atmosphere (according to NASA) presently is, the presence of what appear to be cirrus-type water-ice clouds, similar to what we see on Earth, seems to indicate another STRONG hint of substanial amounts of water on Mars.

Further, the Orbiter recently photographed what might have been underground liquid water, possibly breaking out of cisterns...and staying in a liquid state for at least a short while, in craters....and the bottoms of deep enough craters MAY provide suffiecient atmospheric pressure for the water to stay liquid, for a time.

ALSO, we have Zorgon's compelling pictures of something.....to my eye, they appeared as water geysers of some sort, but that's just a guess.

I was thinking of how geysers here on Earth, say in Yellowstone National Park, will cast shadows, very similar to the still pics that Zorgon provided. PLUS, any ground water could also have microscopic particulates in suspension, thus giving a darker appearance than 'clean' water....think of it as 'muddy' water, under pressure....lower gravity...finding an escape point at the surface.

(sorry I do NOT know how to provide those nifty links to other threads...perhaps you've seen it, just search 'shadows on Mars')...

EDIT....I didn't comment on Zorgon's thread, one I just mentioned, so it's not on my ATS list...but I read the whole thing. Sorry if I got the title wrong. You can also look at Zorgon's threads list (it's a long one!) and maybe find it there...luck!

[edit on 9/3/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Ehh Weedwhacker

I think this is the thread of Zorgons your referring to matey!

Weird Shadows on Mars!!! What Are They??

Cheers Big Ears!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join