It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 dead, 2 wounded in Wash. state shooting spree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

6 dead, 2 wounded in Wash. state shooting spree

news.yahoo.com

ALGER, Wash. - A shooting rampage Tuesday afternoon in northwest Washington has left six people dead, including a sheriff's deputy, the State Patrol said. A suspect in the shootings has surrendered.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As adamant as I am about the right of the people to keep and bear arms, this sort of thing really gets to me.
As I get older and realize that all life is a precious gift from somewhere, the fact that a fellow human could find it necessary to kill, for reasons that only an irrational mind can comprehend, is appalling.
It makes me very sad that tragedies like this happen.
As opposed as I am to the N.W.O. and the gradual erosion of our constitutional rights, things like this make me wish that there were no guns at all, and that there never would be a reason to use them. This is simply horrible, and my heart goes out to the victims and their families. All of the victims, the police officer included.
Sorry Mods, didnt see the other post about this...www.abovetopsecret.com...

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 2-9-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
As adamant as I am about the right of the people to keep and bear arms, this sort of thing really gets to me.
As I get older and realize that all life is a precious gift from somewhere, the fact that a fellow human could find it necessary to kill, for reasons that only an irrational mind can comprehend, is appalling.
It makes me very sad that tragedies like this happen.
As opposed as I am to the N.W.O. and the gradual erosion of our constitutional rights, things like this make me wish that there were no guns at all, and that there never would be a reason to use them. This is simply horrible, and my heart goes out to the victims and their families. All of the victims, the police officer included.
Sorry Mods, didnt see the other post about this...www.abovetopsecret.com...

news.yahoo.com

"Those that would trade their liberty for security deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin. Besides, this guy had a history of mental illness. It's not like he should have had a gun to begin with.

Would you have felt better if he had just run the people over with his car?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

No, I would prefer that he didnt have the compulsion to kill innocent people at all. What kind of question is that anyway? None of those people deserved to die because of complete irrationality of another human.
This has nothing whatsoever do do with liberty. And to compare a mentally unstable person with the cause of liberty is sick. That you would say something like that makes you a pretty insensitive jerk in my opinion. If he didnt have a gun he probably would have found another way,like his car, like you said. Dont be a jerk man, no one deserves to die for absolutley no reason.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
reply to post by sir_chancealot

No, I would prefer that he didnt have the compulsion to kill innocent people at all. What kind of question is that anyway? None of those people deserved to die because of complete irrationality of another human.
This has nothing whatsoever do do with liberty. And to compare a mentally unstable person with the cause of liberty is sick. That you would say something like that makes you a pretty insensitive jerk in my opinion. If he didnt have a gun he probably would have found another way,like his car, like you said. Dont be a jerk man, no one deserves to die for absolutley no reason.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by spookjr]

He's just trying to point out that you're letting your intellect be overpowered by your emotion. The cause of liberty is always relevant because there can be no genuine debate or social concern without liberty.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just a freindly reminder...

Let's stay on the topic, folks.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I wonder how many of these shootings must occur before the Americans change their attitude to a highly-armed populous.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This topic has already been posted:

Six dead in US shooting spree

Please continue discussion in the above-linked thread, and please read the section about repeat topics in this link.
Closed.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So for the crimes of a few, the entire populous, all 300 million of us, lose one of our primary freedoms?

By that line of thinking, the writing of a few authors, or the speeches of a few politicians should lose us the freedom of speech and expression.

The misuse of a freedom shouldn't result in the lose of a freedom for all the others who do not misuse said freedom.

What makes you think taking away my firearms, of which I have several, would make the world safer? It surely wouldn't make me safer. That's not the primary reason I have firearms, but it IS one of them.

From everything I've seen, taking away firearms doesn't reduce crime a bit. The bad ones just find another way...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join