moving large objects with sound

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
In my research into all things unexplained, I've come across numerous ancient(and one modern) accounts of large stones moved with sound. the walls of Jericho come a'tumblin down to the sound of trumpets. There is a papyrus(the name escapes me at the moment) from ancient Egypt describing the pyramids being built by " priests who struck the stone with their staff and played a trumpet moving the stones into place as if by magic", various retellings of merlin erecting stonehenge center around this theme as well. And there is a modern account by the british royal scientific society( I think thats the name) observing priests in Tibet around the 1940's standing in a semi circle around a 5 ton stone with an array of musical instruments and chanting causing the stone to lift off the ground and place it's self into a retaining wall being built. I believe the stone also had a circular depression at the top filled with water. And certain sensitive microchips are assembled suspended in air by a certain frequency so as to avoid damaging the goods through improper handling. A fascinating subject, just wondering if anyone has any research of their own to contribute to this subject-messiah-

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

Well I don't know about moving "heavy" objects with sound... that is something that has not be proven, however the is a controversial topic sympathetic vibration like devices (I guess they are perpetual motion machines) that were researched by Keely. I know there is a guy named Dale Pond during more recent research into this.

As far as the "walls of jericho"... and Im not attacking scripture here, but there very well could have been some other forces at work here, and those results are not reproducible. All of these ancient claim should be assumed to be fiction because there is really no basis for us to come to any other conclusion.

I will note that sound waves do produce energy/light, however it is a very weak source... One pretty good example of this is the Sonoluminescence. It would be a real breakthru if sound could be used for levitating objects, but that is pretty much bunk.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It can definitely be done. I have researched it.

Large is a relative term. I'm large compared to a watermelon yet all my wife has to do is start talking and I move to another room.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
oh yeah then theres the diaries of Edward Leedskalnin who built coral castle in Homestead, Florida, which mention the use of sound in it's construction. Leedskalnin stated he rediscovered the principles of ancient Egyptian engineering and he took his knowledge to the grave with him in the 50's I believe. To this day although there are various theories as to how it was constructed, no on can state for certain how it was built all by himself with no observers. And down that rabbit hole we go.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
nothin like the misses to inspire some gumption in one

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
How is it definitly done? This is getting good!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, dude. I feel for you. my wife has the same powers
Having said that, I am a "sound professional". I 'mix' bands for a living. I am convinced of the power of sound, yet I am not convinced of the power of sound to change the fabric of space time. Or, more importantly, to change the reactions of material in the fabric of space time. I have seen some 'crazy #e' go down during the presentation of a performance...but then it's done. I have never seen the likes of 'the pyramids' go up during a show (or afterwards).

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

that was too damn funny.. True dat. I have been in car that had some big sub-woofs that blew my hair and moved my shirt which I thought was impressive. But nevertheless, moving an 8000lb block of granite with sound is another story.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The Vimana were said to fly by the use of sound and mercury. Have no idea how that would work but the concept is being studied both in India, the US and most likely the EU.

Edited to correct the spelling of the aircrafts name.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by pstrron]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
velima? nothin on google about that....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sound=Vibration maybe the reason in the military when marching in a troop over structures such as bridges etc they are made to break step(not left right,left right at the same time) to disrupt the vibrations so as not to weaken the structure with a pulsating rythmn of the foot steps.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gramafaloon
reply to post by Phage

yet I am not convinced of the power of sound to change the fabric of space time. Or, more importantly, to change the reactions of material in the fabric of space time.

Wow, I would certainly like to believe this to be true. There is a theory (or a group of believer of the cosmic cube) I these these folks are musicians, etc... who created this elaborate USNISA website that have some hardcore believe along those lines. It looked really far out to me, I found it hard to comprehend as there is little tangible evident to support it. It is however an amazing theory worthy of further investigation. I am somewhat of a skeptic, but open minded enough to explore this territory.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

Sorry, I spelled it wrong, it should have been spelled; Vimana. You can Google it and get what we know from the writings.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by pstrron]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

When the stone was in position the monk behind the small drum gave a signal to start the concert. The small drum had a very sharp sound, and could be heard even with the other instruments making a terrible din. All the monks were singing and chanting a prayer, slowly increasing the tempo of this unbelievable noise. During the first four minutes nothing happened, then as the speed of the drumming, and the noise, increased, the big stone block started to rock and sway, and suddenly it took off into the air with an increasing speed in the direction of the platform in front of the cave hole 250 metres high. After three minutes of ascent it landed on the platform.

Full text

Iv heard of someone experimenting with grid harmonics to lighten loads on Heavy transport vehicles .

[edit on 3-9-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
At the right amplitude and frequency, sound waves can do some awsome things.

Like shatter objects of varying materials. Induce magnetic properties into certian metals.

Resonance....shoot something that has its own resonant frequency with an identical or harmonic wave with enough amplitude and you can resonate that object till it either falls apart or begins to move due to vibration at the resonant frequency.

As far as the ancinets using sound, they understood the basic principle of wave guide techniques in allowing them to build amplitheatres where the voices of the actors/singers on stage would be amplified by the structure itself so that the crowd in the entire seating area would hear just fine.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think if you could tune a sound to the right frequency and make it loud enough to levitate a massive (heavy) object like a slab or block of granite, it would probably end up destroying the granite, not to mention the hapless workers trying to position it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
While not large objects,its still amazing they are able to manipulate the rotation of the objects.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spanishcaravan

I personally have a hard time with the Tibetan story of the monks beating drums and levitating huges blocks of stone. The story says it was witnessed by scientists, and the video was "classified", blah blah.. I think if this were true, it could and would be reproduced even on a smaller scale, if not by science, then perhaps by the Tibetan monks once again. Since the story emanates from rense.com, pretty much weakens it credibility in my eyes. If nothing else, that you would think there would be physics theories, or papers to support it..

I do admit there is vibration/sound is capable some fairly amazing things like shattering or destroying material, I would submit that a more profound science involving sound is the sonogram, ultrasound or sonoscience in general and it's ability to penetrate material objects. A few months ago, I did some research on UWB (Ultra Wide Band) devices from Time Domain being used to track assets with "Thru the Wall" technology. This breakthru technology is being used by the miltary and law enforcement for various applications as you might imagine.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
yep that u.w.b. is sort of what a laser is to light using sound. the New Yorker with the barack/michelle caricature that caused all the hoopla had a great article in it on the subject. they already use the technology in times square for real "targeted" advertising.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join