It has become absolutely ridiculous (my rant)

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hmmm.....this will more or less be a rant. Take from it what you will. You may think i don't know what i'm talking about or you may think i do. I'd like to know what some of you think. I also don't claim to be some political guru either...as i am most definitely not. There may be posts or topics like this, i haven't looked..and for that i am sorry if that is the case.

Where should i begin.

#1 The Democrat vs Republican BS has to end. People pick a side and then blast the other. There should be no side. I don't know why people categorize themselves with a particular group when no one shares the same opinion on every issue in the world. I honestly think some of these people should be put in a nut house for how insanely passionate they somehow feel for their so called political identity. It's about what you think is right..not what side you are on.

#2 The President doesn't do it all by himself. It's not a one man (or possibly woman) show. Somehow Bush gets all the blame for everything that has gone wrong or isn't popular, but didn't it have to go through Congress also? And i'm not saying i'm a supporter of Bush by any means, this goes for anyone in the head chair.

#3 It's all business and money. Contributions to make commercials, get airtime, to flat out make a run for president. The media charges up all the intrigue and dirt for ratings so they can make more money. They dont' give a flying F* about what you think, although they seem to try to sway your opinion as some seem very biased, but it's all part of the game. Outrageousness makes headlines. This election process has almost eclipsed the entire Anna Nicole Smith saga's airtime!! It's definitely reaching ridiculous proportions.

#4 You are slaves to the media. You eat it up everyday. If it's your local news..or your favorite cable based news channel, you watch it and often don't question what you see. People are almost hypnotized by it. I've always thought that it's good to second guess everything..but respectfully and thoughtfully... which leads to my next point.

#5 No one is perfect. Try to find one. Some of you make think you are damn close...and maybe they/you are...but no one is perfect. No one has made every right decision. Everyone has a few skeletons in their closet. If we could dig up some dirt on all the users on this site and post it...many would run with their tail between their legs.

#6 Blasting any candidate's family and their personal misgivings and wrongdoings is just ridiculous. Anyone who even watches this crap on tv just adds fuel to the fire...It's just like tabloid tv/magazines who hang all over celebrities and report on who they are dating or what their newborn baby looks like. Why do you even give a flying F? So many terrible things going on in the world and this is what people care about.

That's all i'm going to write for now. As i reread it now it's kinda all over the place..lol...but hey...had it on my mind and just let it out as it came to me. I really don't mean to offend anyone...it's just my view on things. I'd really like to know if anyone shares these views...and if not....write why.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
David,

I understand how you feel, but you must understand that the average joe is stupid. Fact of human existence that has never changed, and those in power or of any intellect certainly understood this (Stalin comes to mind).

Together, people become even more idiotic, many times resorting to monosyllabic attacks eroding to merely trying to be louder.

The media has understood this for a long time and has graciously agreed to acquiesce to the lowest common denominator. We revel in it, cherish it, and hold it up as some insane beacon for the world to follow when it's simply fools lead by liars. Nothing more, nothing less.

When you come to peace with this, you will feel much better. I spent the better part of my twenties angry and driven to read as much as I could get my hands on in order to sway the masses and encourage critical thinking and the ideals of liberty.

In that I was foolish and angry, constantly disappointed and generally dejected and rejected.

Now I read and learn for myself, speak my peace, and have ceased to care about the consequences of my opinions because it is not given in malice although sometimes verbal devices are used for effect that don't always come across as loving.

Pursue learning to find wisdom. I try every day.

Combat ignorance where you can, but identify a loosing battle when you see one and aim for the containable fires rather than the whole forest.

I'm not one to really give advise but I hope you can see my point.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm sick of seeing this 'election' crap coming up in all sorts of hot threads and the like on the front page, I wish it would stay in the politrical forum where it belongs. I don't care about obama banging that new mc cain chick and her daughters or whatever the hell the newest engineered headline for the masses is....

Especially this site of all sites debating it should realize it's not an election anymore... they should realize what is actually going on. Either people still do but like to get caught up in it anyway or just don't know...? What is it?

Either way yeah.. enoughs enough. It's no different to britneys latest hair and paris's latest dog. BIG DEAL GET OVER IT. No matter who gets elected you're in for the same rubbish d; enjoy!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

#1 The Democrat vs Republican BS has to end.

Yes, this is the #1 problem.

This is why I really liked Obama when he first started. I was truly inspired by his speeches about no red or blue America, only United States of America.

Then it seemed like Obama went in the tank for the Party. My girlfriend is from Eastern Europe and she says it reminds her of the days when you had to be for the PARTY or else.

Now tonight, with Lieberman speaking at the RNC, it seems like the first step in the right direction. This isn't just anybody. He was about 500 votes from being the Democratic VP. And now he has the courage to buck the traditional two party system and endorse somebody outside of his party.

This is why I like Palin too. She had the courage to go up against her own party and won.

This is also why I like Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

I absolutely see your point, and i agree that it's a battle that cannot be won. It's just amazing to me to think about sometimes...everything that you've been taught or told to believe as you grew older..the info that is basically force fed into your brain...no one ever questions it. Why?? People will scoff it off and say it's nonsense and i think it's because it's easier for them not to question it. It's fed to everyone.
Whenever i turn on the tv i'm almost sickened at how bad things have gotten. It's just a really F'd up world we live in. It won't get better..at least not until it gets a helluva lot worse.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

All they do is trash each other. Both the parties and the candidates. It's really a joke. At times it seems impossible to read between the lines. If they spent more time on what they actually plan on doing with the presidency..and less time bashing the other guy on how he's going to screw it all up...the world would be much better off.

The times i've turned on the news.......it's all see....who did this...who said that. Cripes!!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I absolutely see your point, and i agree that it's a battle that cannot be won. It's just amazing to me to think about sometimes...everything that you've been taught or told to believe as you grew older..the info that is basically force fed into your brain...no one ever questions it. Why?? People will scoff it off and say it's nonsense and i think it's because it's easier for them not to question it. It's fed to everyone.
Whenever i turn on the tv i'm almost sickened at how bad things have gotten. It's just a really F'd up world we live in. It won't get better..at least not until it gets a helluva lot worse.

Agreed.

I've come to the conclusion that people have physical bubbles, inside which they become uncomfortable. While this may seems cliche, it's oddly a true representation, but it goes further than that from my experience.

They also have emotional bubbles. Mostly not relevant to this topic but it comes into play with some hot button issues.

Lastly, they have an intellectual bubble. Because we work from a method of pattern recognition, the oldest patterns are the most networked into the system (so to speak).

The less powerful the brain, the less waste management and internal inspection can be done. This leads to a greater propensity for people to literally feel threatened merely by ideas. To those who disagree, I normally bring up a few military guys I served with. They were so anti-homosexuality, even referencing it in the same arena as them would send them into fits.

I would relate that to intellectual and emotional, but intellectual is the trigger in that sense, but you get my point.

The human mind (generally) is rather lacking introspection. Sad but true.

new topics
top topics

join