It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Round 2: constantwonder v souls: Cow Mutilations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The topic for this debate is: “Cow Mutilations Are Not Evidence Of Alien Visitation.”

constantwonder will be arguing the pro position and will open the debate.
souls will argue the con position.

Each debater will have one opening statement each. This will be followed by 3 alternating replies each. There will then be one closing statement each and no rebuttal.

There is a 10,000 character limit per post.

Any character count in excess of 10,000 will be deleted prior to the judging process.

Editing is strictly forbidden. For reasons of time, mod edits should not be expected except in critical situations.

Opening and closing statements must not contain any images and must have no more than 3 references.

Excluding both the opening and closing statements, only two images and no more than 5 references can be included for each post. Each individual post may contain up to 10 sentences of external source material, totaled from all external sources.

Links to multiple pages within a single domain count as 1 reference but there is a maximum of 3 individual links per reference, then further links from that domain count as a new reference. Excess quotes and excess links will be removed before judging.

The Socratic Debate Rule is in effect. Each debater may ask up to 5 questions in each post, except for in closing statements- no questions are permitted in closing statements. These questions should be clearly labeled as "Question 1, Question 2, etc.

When asked a question, a debater must give a straight forward answer in his next post. Explanations and qualifications to an answer are acceptable, but must be preceded by a direct answer.

This Is The Time Limit Policy:

Each debate must post within 24 hours of the timestamp on the last post. If your opponent is late, you may post immediately without waiting for an announcement of turn forfeiture. If you are late, you may post late, unless your opponent has already posted.

Each debater is entitled to one extension of 24 hours. The request should be posted in this thread and is automatically granted- the 24 hour extension begins at the expiration of the previous deadline, not at the time of the extension request.

In the unlikely event that tardiness results in simultaneous posting by both debaters, the late post will be deleted unless it appears in its proper order in the thread.

Judging will be done by a panel of anonymous judges. After each debate is completed it will be locked and the judges will begin making their decision. One of the debate forum moderators will then make a final post announcing the winner.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
im sorry ive had some computer issue ill be using my extension

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
In a world where the vast majority of us seek instant gratification in our day to day dealings when i look at a cow i see a double cheeseburger. I do not however see the best candidate for mutalation for scientifc knowledge. Alot of people who have seen these mutilations often try and attribute them to ufos.

It is my opinion that if ufos are visiting the earth they sure arent here to mutilate cattle. What stands to be gained from mutilating a cow? It sure wouldnt provide alot of insights into human genetics. Nor does it appear that they are taking any meat for dinner, so we can fairly reasonably rule out a stake dinner.

Theres seems to be no logicle explanation for why any alien being with the technological capability to skip across the galaxy or be "pan-dimensional" would want to mutilate earth bound cattle. Perhaps Slartybartfast was right and the mice that rule the world secretly love to drink cow blood. Seems quite absurd doesnt it.

Not only does it sound patently rediculous that intersteller travelers would have any interest in our cattle but that they would have any interest in our planet for any reason other than to keep an eye on the apes who are beginning to unlock the atom. Yet we do not find people mutilations that are attributed to ufos.

Since there is a lack of evidence that predators are responsible for the deaths of the animals, it follows that the aliens or ufos are responsible. It is my proposition that not only are their deaths natural earth bound causes and I believe my opponent will have a very hard time finding convincing evidence of these being caused or in any way are related to ufos.

In my following statements i will be providning both scientific and philisophical evidence that that there is no relation between cattle mutilations and ufos.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The term mutilation is used to describe animal corpses with unusual or strange features by UFO believers. What counts as unusual is just about any cut, mark, wound, excision, incision, swelling, distention, abrasion, contusion, scrape, bruise, or organ or blood absence. These "mutilations," we are told, are being done by bad aliens. No one has shown either that there are thousands of inexplicable animal deaths around the globe or that, if there are, they are related, much less that they are the result of alien experimentation. These facts, however, do nothing to deter those who are sure we are not alone. And not only are they not detered but even go further and say some of these aliens are destroying crops around the globe in an effort to impress us with their artistic abilities or to communicate to us in strange symbols just how much they like our planet's cattle.

The belief that aliens have been butchering and mutilating thousands of animals is supported by absolutely no credible evidence. Since there is a lack of evidence that they aren't responsible for the deaths or the seemingly unusual conditions of the animals, it follows that the aliens are responsible. To deny the notion that there is an earthly explanation is to deny what makes the evidence scientific to begin with. They are convinced that aliens need cow blood and organs for their experiments. What seems most convincing to the true believers is that wounds or missing organs—such as the tongue, the genitalia, soft tissue in and around the eye, seem completely inexplicable to them in any but mysterious and disturbing ways. Natural explanations in terms of diseases and predators insects or birds are to no avail, even though the most thorough examination of so-called cattle mutilations concluded there was nothing mysterious that needed explaining. It is useless to note that insects and animals often devour the vulnerable mucous membranes and the softer parts of dead animals such as the genitalia, instead of trying to burrow through the cowhide. It is pointless to note that incisions to a carcass by the teeth of predators or scavengers often resemble knife cuts. It is pointless to note that bloating often leads to skin splitting in straight lines resembling incisions and exposing internal organs. It is of no use to point out that there is little or no blood oozing from the wounds because blood settles, the heart does not pump when an animal is dead, and insects devour the blood that does spill out. And it is certainly pointless to describe the experiment done by the Washington County Sheriff's Department. They placed a dead cow in a field and had observers watch what happened over the next 48 hours. When they reported that bloating led to incision-like tears in the skin and that blowflies and maggots had cleaned out the soft tissue so that the carcass looked exactly like those that had been attributed to UFOs , they were generally ignored by the community of true believers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since there is simply a stunning amount of evidence to support my argument im going to cut it a little short this time. Im going to save my big guns for the event that my opposition actually descides to show him/her self
. I do however have a couple of questions to pose to my opponent.

Q1.) Could you provide one shred of credible evidence that ufos are responsible for cattle mutilations?

Q2.) What scientific evidence could be put forth by the skeptics to sway the ufo community?

Q3.) What evidence is there to support that it is in fact ufos and if not caused naturally, that it could not be chubicabbra or satanist or any number of other devious entities?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Souls has missed his oppurtunity.

Constantwonder advances to Round Three.

new topics

top topics

join