Tonight at Republican Convention!!!!

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Congrats to Fred Thompson...His grand slam tied the game! But it was the next pitch which was sent over the wall that delivered the game to McCain.!!!!

Joe "Independent" Lieberman delivered the walk off home run!!!!


USA
USA
USA
USA!!!!!!!!!




posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Uh, really?

I laughed through both speeches.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Oh yeeaaah! Obama got "whooped" - wheewww burn!!

A couple of more heavy hitters on deck to knock some more out of the park!



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Uh, really?

I laughed through both speeches.


Don't feel bad, its not uncommon to hide nervousness with laughter.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
they both did good. I was very impressed with Thompson. Where was that Thompson when he was running for President. Lieberman can say goodbye to his committees.


It is sad that democrats would retaliate against him for acting on what he believes in. America does come before party.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The pointlessness of this topic and others like it is epic, and frankly I believe you've missed the point of elections, that point being the choice between two different candidates for the improvement of society.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by eNumbra]



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321
 



Lieberman can say goodbye to his committees.


Don't worry about it. He's the next Secretary of State.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
The pointlessness of this topic and others like it is epic, and frankly I believe you've missed the point of elections, that point being the choice between two different candidates for the improvement of society.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by eNumbra]


And the epic difference is Obama talks change, Palin walks change.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
McCain and Lieberman are the first step to getting rid of the entrenched two-party system that's been screwed up ever since I can remember.

This is exactly what we've been waiting for, and what the country needs.

They might not be perfect, but it's just the first step.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70
 


I laughed so hard at that I may star the post.

McCain gets elected nothing changes, Obama gets elected we openly socialize our system of government.

There is no change in this election, unless you count the change that will be panhandled by the Americans who have lost their jobs.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   


McCain and Lieberman are the first step to getting rid of the entrenched two-party system that's been screwed up ever since I can remember.


That is correct in two ways. First, both have shown the ability to put country above party.
Second, it is people like them that hopefully will break the gridlock that has stopped congress from enacting any meaningful legislation in a long time. Issues like social security, health care, the environment. Both parties talk about it, but at various times, both parties had control and could have done something, but they didn't. Get rid of the lobbyists, and maybe something will get done.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by mhc_70
 


I laughed so hard at that I may star the post.

McCain gets elected nothing changes, Obama gets elected we openly socialize our system of government.

There is no change in this election, unless you count the change that will be panhandled by the Americans who have lost their jobs.



How are you so sure of this?



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus
 


Yep. I don't think it'll be too much longer before the McCain campaign starts mentioning him in that capacity either.

I've yet to listen to Fred's speech, but I have read Lieberman's. It was a great one. The guy has earned a tremendous amount of my respect in the last 5 or 6 years, despite the fact that I agree with him on very little. I wish he'd have made it through the '04 primaries, in fact. It would have made for a very difficult decision for me that year in November.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Man that book was great. It really said what needed to be said!!!!!!!


Notice:

The section above has absolutely no merit because it says, explains, and presents nothing aside from mere support of an abstract idea (which some might not know).

No one cares WHAT someone believes, supports, or purports, but WHY and what supports your claims. It's the political equivalent of loving the Red Socks because their "so cool and awesome". No stats, no history, no substance.

Additionally, it certainly does not warrant glib comments laced with sarcasm with even less substance than the original post.

Please people, try to expand outside the box of the idiocy spoon-fed to you by the media. Critical thinking, supported arguments, and the almighty "Why" is what makes you not a dolt.

Merely waving the pendant of your team is lame, weak, and generally pathetic.

Deny Ignorance, and dare I add petty posts.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70
 


How are you?

If the republicans wanted a maverick that would galvanize the people and actually create reform there were far better candidates, but they didn't pick those candidates. They picked the 72 year old War Vet/POW/Torture victim who then, after having experience argued over and over picks a 44 year old 2 year governor of a state that only out-populates Wyoming, North Dakota and Vermont.

How am I sure... because it's politics.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
The section above has absolutely no merit because it says, explains, and presents nothing aside from mere support of an abstract idea (which some might not know).


Thanks. Maybe if an opening for a Mod opens up you should apply.




Critical thinking, supported arguments, and the almighty "Why" is what makes you not a dolt.



If you stop jumping into to other people's threads and pretending you're a mod, that might make YOU not a dolt.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Thanks. Maybe if an opening for a Mod opens up you should apply.


I have no need to apply. If the powers that be ask me, I will accept, but have no need to actively seek it.


If you stop jumping into to other people's threads and pretending you're a mod, that might make YOU not a dolt.


1) Pretending would denote that I said something or inferred that I was in some way when my personal space/avatar clearly lack the mod title. Perhaps you should look words up often more before you use them.

2) Threads are public domain. Don't stick your neck out unless you are ready to catch what comes. Otherwise you can feel free to hover and lurk as long as you like with impunity.

3) It is not pretending to be a mod to care about the content on this site. You may be a Johnny-come-lately, but I am not. The intention of this site is exactly what I said we should emulate.

Helpful reminders work, unless one can apply the "pearls before swine" cliche, then it's a moot point.

So which is it?



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by mhc_70
 


How are you?

If the republicans wanted a maverick that would galvanize the people and actually create reform there were far better candidates, but they didn't pick those candidates. They picked the 72 year old War Vet/POW/Torture victim who then, after having experience argued over and over picks a 44 year old 2 year governor of a state that only out-populates Wyoming, North Dakota and Vermont.

How am I sure... because it's politics.


I agree with you, that is why I am so excited he picked Palin to run as VP.


Originally posted by eNumbra
Obama gets elected we openly socialize our system of government.


And what persuades you to believe this?



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

1) Pretending would denote that I said something or inferred that I was in some way when my personal space/avatar clearly lack the mod title. Perhaps you should look words up often more before you use them.

2) Threads are public domain. Don't stick your neck out unless you are ready to catch what comes. Otherwise you can feel free to hover and lurk as long as you like with impunity.

3) It is not pretending to be a mod to care about the content on this site. You may be a Johnny-come-lately, but I am not. The intention of this site is exactly what I said we should emulate.



4) Derailing threads with elitist, condescending opinions not only isn't cool, it's against the rules.


Back on topic, the best part of the RNC tonight, imo, was that the people speaking really appear to believe in the principles they stand for. At the DNC, it seemed like so many people were just saying what they thought was the politically correct thing to say.

The best example was the Clintons and Obama praising each other through gritted teeth.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by mhc_70
 


How are you?

If the republicans wanted a maverick that would galvanize the people and actually create reform there were far better candidates, but they didn't pick those candidates. They picked the 72 year old War Vet/POW/Torture victim who then, after having experience argued over and over picks a 44 year old 2 year governor of a state that only out-populates Wyoming, North Dakota and Vermont.

How am I sure... because it's politics.


I agree with you, that is why I am so excited he picked Palin to run as VP.


Originally posted by eNumbra
Obama gets elected we openly socialize our system of government.


And what persuades you to believe this?


Has he promised to minimize the stiflingly overwhelming federal government in order to give the states back their rights to legislate themselves? Has he promised anything that would return America to the Constitutional Republic form of government that it was founded as? Or is he just one more political ahole who thinks he knows more than the founders of this nation?

Now, what makes you believe I'm wrong?




I think now socialize may have been the wrong word, but the alternative "We simply change to a liberal form of the farce that is our government" felt a bit long winded and put one to many "Change"s in my post.
[edit on 9/2/2008 by eNumbra]

[edit on 9/2/2008 by eNumbra]






top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join