It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Helicopter Teaches Itself How to Fly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Robot Helicopter Teaches Itself How to Fly

www.yahoo.com

A new artificial intelligence system allows a robotic helicopter to teach itself how to fly and even do challenging stunts, just by watching other helicopters perform the same maneuvers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thought, I would share this with all of the nice people at ATS.

This is really cool.. The wave of the future.. Is now.

www.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am reminded of the old QuakeBot AI that came out in the early days of Quake games.

It fascinated me to no end. I would play against it, and intentionally change my style just to watch it mimic me in turn.

This form of adaptive programming isn't new... but it certainly has it's advantages.
If I had access to a programming team, I would use this form of AI to master balance... hence, we could really get pi-pedal movement going.
Not for military purposes mind you, but imagine the implications of an exoskeleton bipedal machine being sent to a disaster area... able to walk past most of the rubble and get directly at and safely recover victims.

Ive also seen enough situations where in crates fall over, and cannot be lifted by forklifts because of their awkward angle. A fully mobile lifting suit would be able to clear away such a mess with ease.

new topics

join