It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with a dream...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Okay, so I had a dream about a week ago that I just cant get out of my head. First Ill give a little background info (this is extremely personal so I would appreciate understanding and honesty)...

Ive struggled with substance abuse my whole teenage/adult life, starting with drinking, smoking pot and popping pain pills. Unfortunately everything spiraled out of my control and for the past five years I was addicted to heroin. Fortunately Ive finally kicked the habit and have been clean for a while now (approx. 6 months).

Now onto my dream...

It started with me running away from some people on a beach (I dont know why, but I could feel the urgency of my need to escape them), after managing to make it into some sort of building I immediately stripped to my boxers (?) and threw my pants to the ground, in my pants was a substance wrapped in a plastic baggy (it was a weird green color, had a slight glow about it), as I looked to my left I noticed a staircase and someone walking down it, I picked up the substance and hid it in my pants. I turn around and notice a person (I believe it was a man but I cant give a clear description, very fuzzy, couldnt make out any distinct features but the person emminated light and calm, which soothed me and took all of my anxieties away but I just got an extremely strong, almost forceful, feeling of "good".) and he starts talking to me (he never moved his mouth from what I could tell), from what he was saying (Ive been beating myself up for not being able to remember much of anything, Im so frustrated by it) I knew that he knew what it was I was carrying and he begins talking to me, then two people barged through the door (definitely the ones that were chasing me, I remember a few things about one of them) and start explaining to the man at the desk about who they are and what theyre doing, I could tell the man knew what they were saying wasnt true, it felt as though he was communicating his feelings with me without talking, and what he left me with was that I can do anything I set out to do and I am of some importance. Then I woke up.

Im really angry at myself that my memory of the dream is so fuzzy, I just cant stop thinking about it. If anyone knows about dreams and meanings, I would certainly appreciate the help.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodRedSky

First off.. big Kudos to you for overcoming your addictions.

The beach symbolizes:

the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual.

To me striping down to you boxers might represent "coming clean" or stripping away the addictions from your body. The "chase" men might represent the additions and the "fuzzy" man might be your higher self or ego.

I also find the chase dreams very disturbing.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Thank you.

I love dreams, and I love interacting with them, but I truely felt as though I had absolutely no control over this one. I must admit, Im not very knowledgeable about the inner workings.

What is my "higher self"?

I U2U'd this to a trusted friend on here before posting and she told me that the fuzzy person could be my spirit guide, Im not exactly sure what that is either...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I love dreams as well.

Have you ever thought of keeping a dream journal? Get a notebook and put it by your bed and every morning record your waking thoughts on dreams.

High self- this is the "real you" your spirit.

Spirit Guide - This is just what it says. A spirit to guide you on your incarnation journey on Earth.

There are tons of info about these two on the interweb..just do a google search.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by fishneedh2o]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yes, Ive thought about it. Unfortunately some dreams I cant remember, I know Ive had them but I cant recall a thing about them. The only ones that stick in my memory are these types.

Also, who came up with the symbolisms of dreams? How can anyone be sure of what they really mean?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Nobody else? 80 something views and only one member responds?

top topics

join