It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Governor Sarah Palin made history on Dec. 4, 2006, when she took office. As the 11th governor of Alaska, she is the first woman to hold the office.

Under her leadership, Alaska invested $5 billion in state savings, overhauled education funding, and implemented the Senior Benefits Program that provides support for low-income older Alaskans. She created Alaska’s Petroleum Systems Integrity Office to provide oversight and maintenance of oil and gas equipment, facilities and infrastructure, and the Climate Change Subcabinet to prepare a climate change strategy for Alaska.

During her first legislative session, Governor Palin’s administration passed two major pieces of legislation – an overhaul of the state’s ethics laws and a competitive process to construct a gas pipeline.

Governor Palin is chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, a multi-state government agency that promotes the conservation and efficient recovery of domestic oil and natural gas resources while protecting health, safety and the environment. She was recently named chair of the National Governors Association (NGA) Natural Resources Committee, which is charged with pursuing legislation to ensure state needs are considered as federal policy is formulated in the areas of agriculture, energy, environmental protection and natural resource management. Prior to being named to this position, she served as co-chair of this committee.

Prior to her election as governor, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council and two terms as the mayor/manager of Wasilla. During her tenure, she reduced property tax levels while increasing services and made Wasilla a business friendly environment, drawing in new industry.

She has served as chair of the Alaska Conservation Commission, which regulates Alaska's most valuable non-renewable resources: oil and gas. She was elected by her peers to serve as president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors. In this role, she worked with local, state and federal officials to promote solutions to the needs of Alaska's communities.

gov.state.ak.us...

If you compare this to previous VPs, the timeline may be short, but she has an excellent resume, argueably better than Biden, even though he has been in politics since the 80's, when he had his first brain aneurysm.

Since Obama had the oppurtunity to show some leadership by at least calling to session the commitee he chaired and didn't, it is interesting to note how many Palin has chaired and what those committees achieved.

Discuss

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
yes, I like the fact that most analysis of her political career by the media stop at being the mayor of a "tiny" Alaskan town.

I am truly excited by this pick, Obama preached changed while taking PAC money. Palin led change and is called inexperienced.

I like the fact that she had the best capitalistic response to increasing oil revenues... send it back to the people. Not tax the oil companies more to punish them, and not to create more government programs...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Obama is the one who keeps saying Washington needs fixed and we need a new type of politics. He's right about that.

Sarah Palin is the personification of this new leadership that we need. I couldn't be happier that she's from as far away from Washington as possible, and that she is not another lawyer who's completely out of touch with real people.

I often thought we'd be better off drafting "real people" to run the government, almost like jury duty. They couldn't be any worse than the people running Washington now.

That's why last November I was a HUGE Obama fan. I thought he actually WAS the type of outsider we needed. Then he slowly drifted into the Washington cesspool, culminating in his pick of Biden for VP.

It seems now like McCain represents REAL change, and Obama politics as usual.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I wonder how many small town citizens would think their mayor was qualified to be the President of the United States of America?

Alaska's 2006 population estimate from the US Census bureau: 670,053

So that's like serving less than 2 years as a big city mayor.

God love you all for defending her, and I certainly wouldn't mind fishing for salmon with her, but c'mon already...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Okay let me try and do this the best way I know without any fallacies.

If you agree that she has done a good job at reform and changing what she could in the government: Please continue reading, if not please rebut this.

If you agreed, then I would say that is a much better choice than Obama who has gained a net worth of what like 4 mil, while helping the poor? how does that work?

it's is things like that that make me leary of Obama, it represents the same lobbyist run government we have today... on both sides of the isle

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Palin visited troops in Kuwait a year July 25, 2007 before Obama could be bothered with it.

Gov. Sarah Palin Visits Kuwait in 2007

She also took the time to visit the troops in the hospital in Landstuhl, Germany. Whom Obama couldnt be bothered with at all.

Palin Versus Obama At Landstuhl

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I wonder how many small town citizens would think their mayor was qualified to be the President of the United States of America?

Jimmy Carter was Governor of Georgia and he sucked.
George W. Bush was Governor of Texas and he sucks.
George Bush Sr. was VP for 8 years and he sucked.
Bill Clinton was Governor of Arkansas and... never mind.... he was probably the best Chief Executive of the above, and he came from the smallest state.

Richard Nixon was a lifetime politician with all the "right" experience and he sucked.

Ronald Reagan was a career actor turned politician and he was an awesome POTUS.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Alaska's 2006 population estimate from the US Census bureau: 670,053

Not sure how they feel about POTUS, but for VP its really pretty easy.

85% of 670k =569k in Alaska, the ones that really know her.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Bless Sara palein the lord shines a lite on her soul.These godamned liberal terrorist lovers should be all killed for say thing on this.Mark these words, we will be a christian nation by prcatice, school and law.Finally the day has come to have the law on god be law in this land.We can drive out the islamists and liberals alike. Stop teaching evolutions and start teaching real morals. There is such as evil science and satin has put it here, Even if john mccain is a liberal, I will still vote for her.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by winged patriot

Wow, thanks for sharing your opinion. I didn't realize that everyone in this country who is not a Christian should be driven out. Where would you have us go? If we do not believe in Christianity? Should we be sent to some deserted island to die? What about the Jews, you want to expel them too? How about the Catholics? Are they okay because they are a "form" of Christianity?

Talk about refusing to deny ignorance. Your post proves to me everything that is wrong with this country.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by winged patriot

Wow!! Someone got drunk in James Dobson and Rush Limbaugh's Kool-Aid!! Someway somehow I think sometimes that this is the thinking of 85% of republicans, the problem is that they cant get away with it or at least I think.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

okay lets start with the Christianity first, Constitution second lady... how do you get -500 points???

Okay and about the cool-aid. At least oil flavored cool-aid can be sold on the exchange

and second, if you think the cheat leading is bad here go to any number of pro-democrat threads.

Look, is Sarah Pailin perfect? no, probably not. But, as soon as Jesus comes back we will get him to run
sorry had to go back to the Christian lady. but honestly, I was genuinely excited when I heard her speech. And I was a committed Mickey Mouse voter because Mc Cain is only a step or three better than Obama Biden. at least Palin brings truth to words on conservative issues.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Nobody is perfect. PERIOD!

Learn that and then you can truely see who these people really are as they are for what they are and see through the artificial glamour and glitter placed upon them.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Nobody is perfect. PERIOD!

Well said.

Learn that and then you can truely see who these people really are as they are for what they are and see through the artificial glamour and glitter placed upon them.

Cheers!!!

This thread is intended for those who were asking what she has accomplished.

I got tired of answering the question in different threads, so now they can be directed here.

new topics

top topics

join