It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change: The Alternative View (Peter Taylor)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Peter Taylor is a renowned conservationist and research analyst. Among his many achievements, he has previously taken successful action in challenging the UN to alter it's stance and policy regarding dumping of hazardous materials into the ocean (in other words, he cares about the environment and his research is credible). In this presentation, made at the Alternative View Conference Totnes UK 2008, he explains the conclusions of his detailed studies which indicate man is not responsible for global warming/climate change, and many of the 'solutions' based on this lie are the real threat we are facing (he's not funded by oil companies). Peter Taylor's website is ethos-uk.com......
video.google.com...

Google Video Link

In the lecture, Peter Taylor discusses the evidence to suggest that humans and the production of CO2 are not responsible for climate change as well as discussing clouds, the melting of the arctic (surprisingly -from memory, no mention of the volcanic activity underneath) and the fact that the Earth has been cooling since 1998.
Well worth a look.....

Just for the record, I believe that our environment is very important and we do need to change our current ways as we cannot continue polluting the Earth and raping it of its natural resources forever.

What I have real issues with is that we appear to be being manipulated via fear into believing something that is most likely false.
Moreover, viable alternative energy has been suppressed for decades (many examples can be found at the US patent office) yet it is WE, the ignorant naive public who gets the blame for Global Warming, (or is that 'climate change'?) - go figure.....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

What I have real issues with is that we appear to be being manipulated via fear into believing something that is most likely false.

We are. Pleased you have awoken from the nightmare!
Then again, you wouldn't be here if you hadn't...

As was said over in "Breaking Alternative News", it is scary.

People buy this stuff, and believe it! History has shown this is nothing new. Look at nature now - where the hell do people suppose it came from?

We know the earth was frozen to the equator - why should ice-free be any worse?

It ****** me off big-time, at how stupid the arguments are, yet no real data is ever provided. They point at the same old things - ice melting (DUH!), flawed computer models, and they keep going about those bloody polar bears!!

So what if we lose low lying land to the sea?! Nothing new!!!!

It's all BS!!

en.wikipedia.org...

The IPCC Fourth Assessment Report predicts that many mid-latitude regions, such as Mediterranean Europe, will experience decreased rainfall and an increased risk of drought, which in turn would allow forest fires to occur on larger scale, and more regularly. This releases more stored carbon into the atmosphere than the carbon cycle can naturally re-absorb, as well as reducing the overall forest area on the planet, creating a positive feedback loop. Part of that feedback loop is more rapid growth of replacement forests and a northward migration of forests as northern latitudes become more suitable climates for sustaining forests. There is a question of whether the burning of renewable fuels such as forests should be counted as contributing to global warming.

WTF?!

news.bbc.co.uk...

The climate has always responded to factors such as changes in solar activity or volcanic eruptions, and always will, she said; the issue now is how it is responding to greenhouse gas emissions.

Didn't they say the climate did ****NOT**** respond to variance in the Sun??????

They contradict themselves! They can't get their story straight!!

WHY NOT? BECAUSE IT IS A FABRICATED LIE!

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Didn't they say the climate did ****NOT**** respond to variance in the Sun??????

They contradict themselves! They can't get their story straight!!

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

Who are these "they" that you speak of? They must be very organized to be able to answer as one on every question regarding climate change.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
There were a group of scientists recently saying that their research shows that the climate is affected by solar variance. It was very quickly buried by the pro MMGW camp who said there was no data to support this.

I say look at the damn seasons! That is all as a result of the simple tilt of the Earth!

No... the sun doesn't affect the climate.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully by now, some would have had a chance to view the lecture by Peter Taylor and can get a better understanding of the arguments against anthropogenic global warming (I mean climate change!).

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Excellent video, OP. I'd just like to add to the discussion and point out that Earth isn't the only planet experiencing global warming. Many planets and moons who's temperature we've measured over time have had an increase in temperature very close to what we're experiencing on Earth. Wonder who's driving the SUVs on Mars?

Here are some links, both pro and con. You can decide.

www.livescience.com...

motls.blogspot.com... *this one is a blog, but links to some interesting and more reliable articles*

These are some counter arguments:

www.skepticalscience.com...

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

There are pretty convincing arguments both ways.

Good luck digging through the crap and finding some truth.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the links avingard. I Haven't had a chance to go through them all yet but am glad you managed to provide arguments coming from from both sides of the spectrum. It's definitely the best way to sift through garbage and hone in on the truth. Cheers.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Peter Taylor lives near why I am in Glastonbury England, and has been constantly right on his weather predictions for the past four years. He has challenged other scientists and weather centres on numerous occasions and each time been proven correct.

Now that's not to say this makes him correct on the global cooling issue, but I wouldn't bet against him based on his track record!

Ross
(P.S.Incidentally I was at The Alternative View in Totnes, and have interviewed Peter before on my radio show - he makes compelling listening!)

[edit on 11-9-2008 by nomadrush]

top topics

join