It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second American Revolution, All Americans Must Watch This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This video is greatly dealing with the issue of illegal immigration here in the United States of America.
Titled the Second American Revolution, it is reccommended that you watch and listen to it the whole way through.

PS, Sorry to anyone on Dial-Up connection.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wow, not THAT was a great speech!

I highly recommend to those who haven't watched it yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I agree that this nation should be American English only. If you want to speak another language well thats fine as long as its in your home. But everyone in this country should learn to speak just this one language so that everyone can understand you. Very interesting video. Liked it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well by that logic we all should still be talking like pilgrims and such. Where do you end that? Would it only be english or would the sloppy dialects "have to go" as well. Maybe it would be kind of like the Catholic MAss with Latin and end up being a mere formality used when we do our paperwork, while the 'functioning-ever-changing-and-evolving' common tongue would doubtless absorb many words from other languages as english already does. I'd Say nice idea but not too practical to that idea.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by human8]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers
American English only.

While I agree with what you are saying, I have the same opinion about Australia - the fact that I cannot understand the local take-away shop guy because he speaks Chinese is just one example. I do not hold it against the immigrants but at least they should make a concerted effort to speak the native language of the country they chose to live in.

One thing irks me though. The use of the term 'American English'. Its no different than the English spoken by the rest of the world, Americans just add a lot of Z's instead of S's and like to abbreviate just about anything into a 3 or 4 letter word. It irks me because when I hear the term 'American English' I think of a whole other language altogether, not one that is basically the same as my own.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It would make the most since to incarcerate and fine the employers that hire illegal aliens, corporate lobbyist, and politicians, that take money from them and do there bidding. Without the emigrant farm workers, the lower income workers and people on social security in this country will not be able to afford food. If citizens take the work at minimum wage, every body will pay a great deal more for food. If they could make enough to pay the fees to get citizenship and study English, they wouldn't need to leave their native country to come here and be a target for those that won't stand up and face the real issues that face this country.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
ive lived in japan, traveled to china, guam and i'll tell you what

you will never need to learn their language because they already know yours haha

so many countries are teaching english now a days because we trade so much with them etc.

would you like them to learn spanish too for our sake?

if someone can give me a good reason for us to take on another national language i'll listen , but i haven't heard it yet.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Brothers
American English only.

One thing irks me though. The use of the term 'American English'. Its no different than the English spoken by the rest of the world

Then why do the British say, British English?

The video the OP posted was very well stated.
Now if we can just get our butts into gear, before it's absolutely too late for this country to revolt.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyldwylly

Then why do the British say, British English?

Probably in response to Americans dubbing it American English

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I Agree with everything stated in the video. People need to see and hear this for the truth it states.

But common sense? Common Sense is dead.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by human8

No the english language evolves and so over time accents and slang become apart of the language. The issue is that many people in this country cant speak english and we bend over backwards and make sure that the language they speak is on all health care packets, government forms, telephone hotlines, work places, and even in schools. They are in America not russia, not china, not mexico, not any part of the middle east, they are in America and it should be expected that when they come to this country to live that they are fluent in the english language. We shouldnt have to learn their language just because we are to big a push over and give them what ever they want.

top topics

join