It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on O'Reilly on Thursday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Let the fireworks begin.

Do you think O'Reilly will go easy on Obama or throw everything at him?

If he goes tough we will get to see how Obama does under pressure.

Place your bets on who will win, Obama or O'Reilly.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Its hard to say. You never know which Bill O'Reilly will show up for an interview, the tough one or the one who serves up softballs? If O'Reilly decides to badger him about Ayers, Rezko and that crew, it may just be entertaining enough to watch.

Otherwise, its good to see Obama take up the longstanding offer to be interviewed on the show.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well if your going to judge it by if it is an intelligent discussion based on the issues of this election, and Obama's leadership abilities... then I think Obama will win hands down.

However... if your judging by who is more of a loudmouthed, racist, sexist, fascist neo-con hatemonger... then I bet ya Bill will win. It's his element.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I prefer a professional interview. I want him to ask Obama to provide details on his plans or should I say ask tough questions but not none of those gotcha questions or questions that are asked only to embarrass somebody.

Should be an interesting interview.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I think we will see the tough Bill. He has been after Obama for awhile and knows he won"t get a second chance.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have no doubt, that Obama will keep his cool. I think O'Reilly will pop a vene, trying to corner Obama. O'Reilly would love it, if he could claim that his interview was a turning point, in the unlikely (hopefully) event that Obama would loose the election.

Is it an absolute must, that Obama has to spend time on that imbecile O'Reilly. I guess the Obama camp, thinks it's worth it.

May the loving everlasting force bless us all.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This will probably be O/Reilly's only crack at Obama.

I am sure O'Reilly will be fair and balance.

I wonder if Obama would walk out if the questions get too tough.....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The funny thing is the O'Reilly has been after Lord Obama for a long time to do an interview. Lord Obama finally agrees to do it.....on the same day McCain accepts the nomination of the Republican Party.

Just last week Obama's campaign was freaking out thinking McCain was going to leak his VP pick on the same day of his speech. What was the phrase they used? Political "something" someone help me out here....

Anyway the same thing Obama's camp was accusing McCain of trying to do is the same thing Obama is doing by doing an interview with O'Reilly on McCain's big day.

Desperation? I think so.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Do you think the subject of Rev. Wright will come up ?

I think Bill will be professional and polite. Although, it would be great if Bill did pop a vein on live TV.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

It may be a subject tonight. Then again, I would suspect that the two sides cut some sort of deal and that certain topics will be off limits. Whether that's one of those, who knows. Fox News has released a few statements from this interview.

Article

“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated,” Obama said...

Nobody? Hmm...

I wouldn't be stunned if the McCain campaign crams that into the speech tonight at the last minute. At the least, its going to be a statement Obama will regret.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ahh, the most watched cable show in america. Obama is trying to pre-empt McCain's big night but he has to take a few lumps in order to do it. There is no other prime time spot on TV that has this opportunity, and it won't be to an audience of worshippers. I wonder if he gets to bring his teleprompter.

top topics

join