It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-War Protester Who Offers Flower To Police Pepper-Sprayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Aww, ain't that sweet! Well look at the bright side, at least they didn't TAZE her!

Such heroism displayed by our militarized thugs in the modern police state!

[edit on 2-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That link isn't working.
Here it is.
I wonder if those guys feel good about doing that?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Thanks for the HU! Original link is fixed as well. Gotta love how the conventions are going! Fascism in full swing!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I don't know what to say. I kind of feel mixed about it. On the one hand it is hard to watch. On the other hand, these men are geared up and ready to go... you don't get in the way of men who are charged (whether rightly so or not) and "ready to go."

So, the spray may not have been needed, but she should have shown more intelligence considering by not being persistent in her efforts. Considering they were doing what IS technically their job, she provoked the reaction.

*flame away*

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I honestly don't think we can make much of a judgement on a poor quality video like this, I think I've seen a lot of YouTube videos that are better quality. Anyways, from as far as I can tell it looked slightly like one of the guys in gear was reaching out to take the flower I guess when the other one moved in with the spray?
She was aware of them moving to disperse the crowd but she got in their way. With everything happening these days, the Cops were more concerned about doing their job to disperse the crowd and keep themselves safe at the same time. She could have been trying to get close to them to do something to harm them for all they knew.

Plus it seems awfully pointless to be just standing there holding a flower in front of her with Cops closing in, they were there to disperse the crowd not discuss politics.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So much for the 60's and flower power.

What we need is a good organized riot like they had in france. a month long riot of no productivity, burning everything in the streets. heh.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Didn't you see the Vietnam protests and the girl that put the flower in the cops gun? Without getting shot?
If they were on public property,(I haven't got all the facts, yet) why were they dispersed?
Protesting is an American right!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Version

On the other hand, these men are geared up and ready to go... you don't get in the way of men who are charged

These men are supposed to be trained police They are not allowed to be hyped. As trained professionals they are supposed to use minimum force. BOTH conventions have shown the police and the country they represent to a grave disadvantage.

Both candidates owe the protesters and the people of the US a swift and forceful account for this mess.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Are you making a reference to the Kent State Shootings during the Vietnam protests. That "hippie chic" putting flowers in the gun barrels in the old film was indeed okay that day. Four of her friends did not fair so well.

As for the RNC pepper spraying, hey she could have been shot so things could have turned out worse. Pepper spray, while not nice, is better than alternatives.

Handy fun fact: Milk counteracts the sting of pepper spray quite quickly. Even in the eyes.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
so, because the police used pepper spray on a lady with flowers that is bad? i don't get the connection. We need more details. if the lady was given lawful orders by peace officers and she was not following them; then I think that an escalation of force (that is the technical term) is warranted. I don't know about you, but I often talk to police officers and have never been pepper sprayed, tazered, hand cuffed, tackled, shot at (by cops (American cops) ) and so on. I think that most people have the same experiences that I have.

If you don't like getting hit by cars don't play in traffic. that's what I say.

new topics

top topics

join