It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bristol Palin's boyfriend to join family at convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Bristol Palin's boyfriend to join family at convention

www.thestar.com

WASILLA, Alaska–The boyfriend of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's unwed, pregnant daughter will join the family of the Republican vice presidential candidate at the GOP convention in St. Paul, Minn.

Levi Johnston's mother said her 18-year-old son left Alaska on Tuesday morning to join the Palin family at the convention where Sen. John McCain will officially receive the Republican nomination for president. The boy's mother, Sherry Johnston, said there had been no pressure put on her son to marry 17-year-old Bristol Palin and the two teens had made plans to wed before it was known she was pregnant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
A good move by these two youngsters. I hope they incorporate a wedding in their travels from Alaska to the southern body of states. Too bad it has to happen to show support for the selected VP.

A young couple in love is nothing new, imo, and should be the furthest thing from the political debates possible.

It surprises me the extent people will go to raving on about it. They're getting married, sans shotguns, and I hope the best for the father, the mother-to-be and the baby. End of story.

The cries of outrage over this just stun me. It's the most natural thing in the world even if it was unplanned. Or maybe 'unplanned' IS the most natural.

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Lol I'd marry sarah barracuda daughter too in this situation, it's not like this is bad life he will have.

G-d I would hate to have been him when she sat him down for that talk with her moose hunting rifle

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
G-d I would hate to have been him when she sat him down for that talk with her moose hunting rifle

That rifle would have to be a Lee Enfield .303 to work well in those climes.

Maybe you're right, maybe not...

from the link:

The boy's mother, Sherry Johnston, said there had been no pressure put on her son to marry 17-year-old Bristol Palin and the two teens had made plans to wed before it was known she was pregnant.

(all BB code mine)

Coming from the boy's mother, I tend to believe the statement. Unless it can be proven that Sherry Johnston was either coerced or happened to be a die-hard GOP advocate, I'll stick with that assessment.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

lol, no way I could ever know for sure, but one reason I like Palin, for a Pretty Lady you can see the scary side is there.

I would not want to be in his shoes if she was pissed

I saw an article describeing her takeing her children out to see bears... and a Mom was near her cubs in a tree and when reporter asked Sarah "Weren't you scared for your life being near those Bears?" She Responed by growling and saying "I've been around Bears before"

A mom that brings her infant son to see the Momma Bear gaurd it's cubs, is no mom in law to mess with

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I know what you're saying. Alaskans are likely, for the most part, very capable people who know their way around the wilderness areas and how to safely deal with large predators like brown bears.

One needs to know how close is too close to grizzly and her cub , what state both animals are in (hungry or well-fed) and, of course, the age of the cub. It all matters.

Having lived north of 60 myself for a few years (Yellowknife, NWT), and, having met some of the long term residents there, going to watch the bears is a not-so-farfetched occasion, really. Cottage country and town dumps are frequented further south too.

It also seemed to me that youngsters grow up faster and hardier in a place like Alaska (if it's anything ike the NWT).

That Bristol got involved in a pregnancy, to what seems to many an early age, does not surprise me in the least knowing the close-knit communities the far north tends to foster.

What really blows my mind is the political ruckus kicked up over this young woman's pregnancy even if it was prior to a wedding.

Big deal.

Like it doesn't happen a hundred times a day the world over.

new topics

top topics

join