It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Is a 'Task From God' : Palin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Iraq Is a 'Task From God' : Palin

thinkprogress.org

Huffington Post reports that on June 8, Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) addressed the graduating class of commission students at the Wasilla Assembly of God church. During that address, Palin portrayed the Iraq was as a quest decreed by God, and said that U.S. soldiers were carrying out “God’s plan”:

Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That’s what we have to make sure that we’re praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God’s plan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Awesome.

So invading, decimating, and occupying other countries is now a task from the almighty creator? Perhaps we can carry out armeggeddon in God's name too! Oh wait, that's already been on the agenda for some time now!

Well, I'll say one thing for sure, this person fits well as McInsane's running mate.

What awesome choices the Bilderbergers / M.I.C. / Private Bankers have hand selected to lead us into the abyss...

YAY!

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Now you know why Putin says that the US has single handedly brought the world back to the middle ages.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. Disgusted and annoyed, but not surprised. The worst thing about this is that other people feel the exact same way.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So what happened? Did she talk to God with a C.B radio? DId God send her a text message? Or is this just another one of the many delusions or convenient excuses that we can make up that fits the morally unjust agenda of this insane government?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

Add to the list: Did God also ask these people to lie 900+ times in the lead up to the invasion about WMDs and connections to Al Qaeda?

Maybe that was part of the divine plan too!

On a serious note, this type of neo-religious rhetoric makes these people sound every bit as unstable as folks screaming "jihad" and "holy war".

The epitome of irony is folks killing and murdering in the name of a creator, no matter which side they are on...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Man if people can not see that with them we would be getting the same old hat trick alla Bush and Company then they truly are brain washed to a point of Zombies. Bush said the exact same thing.

They should watch this and listen to the lyrics because it lays it out for them.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DD,
It's completely scary.............
Not to mention Palin was a member of a secessionist party (AIP or something like that) in the 90's to have Alaska succeed from the U.S.
MSNBC even reported on that this afternoon. Just what we need in a V.P.......Not.....

I wonder what other scary revelations will come out of the McInsane/Pain ticket.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Seriously people this is really very scary! Just think, some crack pot religious nut running the Whitehouse that believes in Armageddon and Revelations and other such crap would have no problem starting WWIII because in their mind it is part of Gods plan!

Furthermore, these self-righteous maniacs believe they themselves are holier than thou, so they think they will survive no matter what because they are pals with good old JC.

This is why there should be a very DISTINCT separation between church and state. It’s one thing on a personal level to believe in medieval superstitious nonsense, but when you start making world changing decisions based on that bunk, it’s time to run for the hills!

link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Ah...Double D and his(her) anti-American rantings strike again.

First, learn what the word "decimate" means.

Second, I still believe it is your duty to overthrow this evil, evil government. Anything less then that and you are simply a sniper. You know what a sniper does...shoot and run?

link   
Well, I guess that's one way of framing the Iraq ignominy of being a frigging fiasco; make God the scapegoat

And here's what I think about the possibility of invading damascus/syria and/or iran

But that's just because there's no puking smiley on ATS

[edit on 2-9-2008 by reject]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

And Bush and Company have done such a bang up job with our country.....thanks guys.
I believe "decimate" would be the proper word to use to describe what they have done to our Constitution.
State+Church= BAD(BOOO)
State-Church=GOOD(YAY)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
And there you have it. Sarah Palin is being attacked for saying a prayer for our soldiers in Iraq, praying that their work is actually God's will and praying that our actions are not a mistake. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what she said. She did not say 'God is on our side' or anything like that.

You guys have fun with this thread. I'm done with it.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Isnt war in the name of God called a crusade?

Whats next?

Are we going to dip a few witches in the local river to see if they live or drown?

If they drown - we'll hold a tax-payer funded funeral and blame the CIA for faulty intelligence?

If she lives we'll burn that Witch at the stake!!!!!!!!

God does not call for War to be carried out by humans.

God said let vengeance be mine.
Christ taught "let he without sin cast the first stone"

i guess they havent read the bible that they use to condone war?

More proof that people like Palin use nobility as a facade for their ugly, bigoted, true self.

These people are truly what is wrong with this world.

"they're different from us? BOMB THEM! ... in the name of God..." .......!

[edit on 9/2/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The scary part is the millions of idiotic white trash in the red states that actually believe this #.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Sure it is,
I guess she will be following Cheney's step and get away with making Iran also a "task from God".

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Wow. I don't know who your God is neo-cons, but it certainly aint my God.

Actually, I do know who your God is and it's at the wrong end of the spectrum!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Before you give lessons in the language arts, you might want to learn the difference in "then" and "than"...

AS PER THE TOPIC:

Basically, this mystical being has become the scapegoat for mankind's decisions...

It's easy to put something off on someone that can't even be proven to exist... That way, you can hold nobody at fault, and you can even not claim responsibility for your own actions...

It's kind of ironic that most religous people claim that they were sent a savior, and then condone the murder of those whom stand in their way of world domination...

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Azazelus]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What I find appalling is that many of these people like to preach what the book says yet they don't follow the contents themselves.Many of them have very checkered pasts and are still doing things that are morally corrupt. That has become the Washington way;dirty politicians and dirty politics. They only become Christians when it suits their purpose.

By the way has anyone heard Voicemail from McCain to Palin?
Funny yet probably pretty accurate.
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

some crack pot religious nut running the Whitehouse that believes in Armageddon and Revelations and other such crap

The same thing could be said of somebody who don't believe in God or believes in some other religion. They could go nuts in what they believe.

The big difference is that the Presidency is not a dictatorship. The President still has to get approval from Congress. And Congress won't give that approval unless they see that the American support the action the President is calling for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join