It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Connection to Slumlord Tony Rezko (detailed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Rezko is a Syrian immigrant who rose to power inside Chicago, becoming a well-known "slumlord" and a player in Illinois politics. He was convicted in June of 16 counts of corruption. According to the charges, Rezko ripped off $6 million from the state of Illinois through kickbacks while working for the administration of current Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

In 1995, when Obama ran for a seat in the Illinois Senate, Rezko, through two of his companies, donated thousands of dollars to the Obama campaign. Ironically, Obama won the election in a district that included 11 of Rezko's 30 low-income housing projects.

Still, Rezko and Obama had more than just a political relationship. In 2005, when Rezko was under federal investigation for influence peddling, Obama and Rezko's wife, Rita, bought adjacent pieces of property from a Chicago doctor.

Full Article - Charles Smith, NewsMax Inc.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by jetxnet]

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 2/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
And yet ANOTHER anti-Obama thread started by Jetxnet.

At least we can see that Jetxnet's opinions won't be biased or ignorant based off of his ingenious avatar...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
No Wonder Obama wants the Global Poverty tax. I wonder how many guns our tax dolars will be buying. I already knew the tax was a sell out to the multinational Ag corporations www.abovetopsecret.com...' but this is not even excusable as being naive.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The information is valid. And if Jetxnet feels like he needs to share information from valid sources the Obamatrrons never frequent, then I say go Jetxnet! I don't feel obligated to you lunatics at all.

You can't really think that a man's friends/partners/associates have no bearing on the man, do you? Look around.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Very interesting... another scary finding about one of the candidates. Actually, I'm not that surprised.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well interesting article sure to raise eyebrows every where, thanks for posting a link at least it makes it valid compare to Jamie83's thread base on opinions.

join