It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Ducy puts RNC protesters to the test.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think its funny that every time someone goes to one of these protests, it seems the protesters have no idea whats going on. I'm getting the feeling they just show up to be "cool".

Video: www.foxnews.com... 54dc049d70b0c12f2749

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
About as relevant as Leno's Jaywalking segments. Is it messed up that you are protesting something/someone and are completely oblivious to some of the facts surrounding the subject being protested? Yes.

But do 6 stupid people equal the entire protest? No.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For every one protester who's actually paying attention or even knows what the hell they're protesting and why there's always a hundred around who are either there because it's "cool" because wll their friends are doing it or because there's some hot chick there they want to impress. Then there's the few who are trying to impress whoever it was that impressed upon them that smashing windows and throwing newsboxes into the street was a worthwhile venture (I
'd put my money on college assistant profs who are 30 something going on 14).

It's always a hoot to watch the idiot dance.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

So I wonder what the percentage was that did know? I am sure there are far more that know what is going on than those who do not. Some are just there to provide medical assistance to protesters.

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
About as relevant as Leno's Jaywalking segments. Is it messed up that you are protesting something/someone and are completely oblivious to some of the facts surrounding the subject being protested? Yes.

But do 6 stupid people equal the entire protest? No.

I agree I watched this on FOX and FRIENDS last night/morning...

They picked the most idiotic people they could find and more importantly thy did not
indicate how many people were questioned in all...

If you would have ask me and my crazy ass friends they would have had to not show our 100% score....

SHILLING will not work this time - try substance for a better result at this point in history. PLEASE

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, Penn and Teller went to a few Global warming protests and did the same thing. He interviewed the heads of one of the organizations there and she couldn't answer simple questions.

This is one of them:

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think protest rallies are the new singles bar scene. That's what it looks like to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

I love those guys and that show. Remember when they convinced people water should be banned? Priceless.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
In my opinion this is pure propaganda.

The first thing the guy in the studio did was call them nitwits. This would lend itself to the viewing audience telling themselves, "Oh, I don't want to be associated with that crowd."

Then there is the editing. What if those were the only people in the crowd they could find. The viewing audience will never know, but they are led to believe that all of the protesters are stupid.

Now, if FOX news was really interested in doing their job, they would be reporting on the real story like this one:

Saturday Aug. 30, 2008 12:44 EDT

Massive police raids on suspected protesters in Minneapolis [updated below (with video) - Update II - Update III - Update IV] Protesters here in Minneapolis have been targeted by a series of highly intimidating, sweeping police raids across the city, involving teams of 25-30 officers in riot gear, with semi-automatic weapons drawn, entering homes of those suspected of planning protests, handcuffing and forcing them to lay on the floor, while law enforcement officers searched the homes, seizing computers, journals, and political pamphlets. Last night, members of the St. Paul police department and the Ramsey County sheriff's department handcuffed, photographed and detained dozens of people meeting at a public venue to plan a demonstration, charging them with no crime other than "fire code violations," and early this morning, the Sheriff's department sent teams of officers into at least four Minneapolis area homes where suspected protesters were staying.

Full story and video

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

amen SW197

You guys are using the 2000 - 2004 tactics... But what you are completely
missing is that.

These tactics are the things AMERICA is so sick of.

TImes change.

And you guys haved dropped the TERROR TERROR TERROR act and picked up the sympathy card which is not as strong as FEAR.

This news bit is very very thinly veiled... A mentally deficient OR a receptive person
will easily take it at face value.

However a logical, methodical independent person will have questions of their own in tandem with this" POLL of sorts".

How many people were asked this same question???

So not one protester could answer this question?, they did not show one...?

on and on the MIND will consider more things then provided by this BIT.

And at the end I believe a rational completely autonomous political mind will
see clearly that this was an attempt to make the PROTESTERS LOOK STUPID
if anything.

Which ='s slanted thinly veiled propaganda.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
People should know what they're protesting of course, but is it always their fault they don't know who some of these people are? Not always. Most of these people they interviewed probably only have a High School or a year of College under their belts. I for one didn't learn current politics in High School I had to learn for myself. If you asked me who Nancy Pelosi was a year ago I would have given you a dumbfounded look as well but at least I could tell you what I stood for. That's what they should be protesting the right to be educated correctly.

Also they only showed four or five people out of a thousand or two. It's just typical 'we're smarter than you' propaganda and Fox News is biased and misleading just as other major media news sources are. Don't kid yourself.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by asmall89]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

Again, the Penn and Teller video interviews the representatives of these different groups. If they don't know whats going on, than it seems to be theres a problem. It pretty much destroys your excuse that average people are ignorant.

top topics

join